Author Topic: Milkin' the Cow with L. & G....  (Read 525 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Milkin' the Cow with L. & G....
« on: January 21, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »
Thx to Ghosth & Lephturn for spending yet another time with me in the TA. You'd think I'd have learned things after a year, hehehe ...

I therefore appologise for the multiple HO's I gave you ! (That being said, I seldom had an other opportunity, so... I took it when I could).

I remember 2 lessons this time :

-Don't go UP while on defensive when less than 1K away (Horrizontal separation).

-Don't try the same move twice   it dinnae work !

I'm still in search of a Dweeb/English to French dictionnary that wil give me full access to Andy's pages on ACM.

<Salute>

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Milkin' the Cow with L. & G....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2001, 11:32:00 AM »
Don't worry about the head-ons.  When you have two reasonably skilled pilots doing a 1v1, it wil inevitably be a head-on shot most times due to how the fights start.  You HAVE to take those shots.  I certainly did. <G>

I don't really call that a "head-on"... those are just front quarter shots that you take in a knife-fight, you really can't avoid them.  A real "head-on" in my view is at the initial merge, where you just barrel straight in guns blazing instead of trying to set up a lead turn or something.  However, I don't mind at all when folks do that to me... it makes 'em easy to kill. <G>  Heck if I'm out of options in my P-47 I'll certainly blast you in the face if you let me.  

<S> Saw, was fun!

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"