Author Topic: CH Ptoducts USB  (Read 573 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« on: July 07, 2001, 12:52:00 AM »
I have CH Products USB all the way:

F-16 CombatStick
Pro-Throttle
Pro-Rudder

I can't seem to get my rudders to work in AH.  Appears to work properly in win98 "game controllers".

Also, I can't figure out how to configure the toe brakes.

Is there a FAQ I am missing or can any one help out.  

Thanks in advance!

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2001, 05:59:00 AM »
Mino,
I know some combinations of joystick, throttle, rudder pedals end up being listed separately in the the setup/joystick/select joystick window.

Check to see if they are listed separately. If they are then you have to assign the item to a input. Example: Rudder pedals are listed separatly, what you do then is highlight the rudder pedals, the "Z" axis as input on the right and then select the rudder on the AH Control list on the left. When all are highlighted then click on the Set Input button.

I don't have rudder pedals with the brake function on them but if you go to joystick mapping are you getting a button press highlighted when you press that function? If you are then all you have to do is find the right and left brake functions in the flight options, highlight one or the other, press the toe brake that corresponds with that side, then click on Set Button.

Hope this helps.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2001, 10:45:00 AM »
Your Left Tow brake should be X, and your right Toe brake should be Y. Youe pedals themselves are Z.

If they don't work after selecting them, you'll have to calibrate them in AH. They should work fine then.

Earlier I had a problem with the way Aces labeled the Axis for the pedals, but it looks like that has been fixed.  :)

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
Mino....Starbird and MarkAT have hit the nail on the head.  Once I finally figured out that reading the users guide might actually help I was able to determine within Aces which axis each controller was looking to control from each device.  Simple matter of getting it to work from there.

Also, in my readings I spotted somewhere that you should NOT calibrate your devices within Windows.  Wish I could remember page and paragraph number, but it is in there.  Once I Stopped trying to calibrate in Windows and just sent the map to my devices all seemed to work fine in AH (after assigning the right options in Aces of course).

RAS

Offline Starbird

• Copper Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2001, 05:07:00 PM »
Technically you should never have to calibrate USB devices. The hardware inside them does all that for ya. Just plug them in and they're good to go.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2001, 11:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Starbird:
Technically you should never have to calibrate USB devices. The hardware inside them does all that for ya. Just plug them in and they're good to go.

actually, that's not always true.  With the Saitek, it pretty much is, because I haven't seen a way to calibrate in windows.

the CH usb pedals needed calibration on my win 98 machine when I first installed them.  

*shrugs*  guess it's dependent on the application.

hehe, make copies of the video by the way.   :p
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
CH Ptoducts USB
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
Thanks Guys!