Author Topic: Decemebr KoTH...  (Read 2477 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Decemebr KoTH...
« on: December 04, 2004, 06:55:26 PM »
KoTH will be held on December 4th @ 2100 EST (-5Z)

Hope to see yas there

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
This is a joke
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 11:19:44 PM »
Such a joke max .... he wouldn't in on me ... as simple as that .. i was 4 k lower the entire time

any so-called winner of this hahhahaha whatever

Max you ought to stay and tower and watch things if your going to judge

such a bs last min judgment

what did you do ef halfway through flying and start looking?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 11:22:12 PM by Manedew »

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
fraud win
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 11:31:20 PM »
it's a fraud sorry......

too bad max has to rush some judgements, while ignoreing others.......

you don't see that he has more E he has the choice to dive on me!!!!!

are you a noob .... at any time he could have in'd and then turned away rather than do it ...

then i kept talking about it because it was bs .. and you proably just started watching ... you have no idea...

I waited and waited ... he floated around like he always does at 8k ... is that breackign the rules ...  round before he did it  while above hotdogman

hotdogman who calls for me to turn after this while running from  someone else forget his name ... point is .. you don't see crap ... and you make arbitraty judgments based on whineing.........

why wasn't hotdogman forced to turn?
why did guy chaseing him give up and then hotdog demaned i turn the lute float down and bnz me ... hotdog was running from lute wasn't he ?

ya max fuzzy ain't it .. and your full of it

-----------------

point is your not even paying attetion and are hardly an impartial judge.... if you were you'd be makeing people turn left and right .....

but you aren't .. you only make poeple turn when someone has the time to whine about it.........

you don't enforce crap max... just whines
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 11:44:33 PM by Manedew »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 05:14:46 PM »
LOL what did I miss wow.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 08:25:59 PM »
Well you missed me forgeting to wind up the 262 before letting off the brakes..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 08:35:04 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Well you missed me forgeting to wind up the 262 before letting off the brakes..

you know...i never even thought 'bout doing that.  Good idea
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 08:58:07 PM »
Enjoyed flyin with you guys last night.  Thats the first time in a long time I've been able to get in on a KOTH, and it was even more fun than I remembered.  I saw some kick-prettythang dogfights, best fighting I've seen in a long long time.  

As for you Mane, BigMax was pretty much the only friend you had in there after running your mouth all night.  Even to the end of the match he defended you, you just left him no choice but to do his official duty.  Some of the guys may have been baiting you a little, but I cant say I blame them when you did nothing but attack people personally and insult people the entire time you were there.  Where you got those crazy accusations you levelled at me after the 1st round I have no idea, I never fired a single shot at you the entire night.  I saw you GET hit in that 1st round, and I was in the same area as you, but I even stayed off you and went after other guys because you were missing one of your ailerons.  Technically, I probably broke the rules by NOT coming after your parnanoid prettythang.  I hope you get through whatever it is thats bugging you, but dont take it out on BigMax.  He's the only support you got.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 10:16:18 PM »
Originally posted by StarOfAfrica2
Enjoyed flyin with you guys last night.  Thats the first time in a long time I've been able to get in on a KOTH, and it was even more fun than I remembered.  I saw some kick-prettythang dogfights, best fighting I've seen in a long long time.  

Only caught the last 2 rounds , but probably had more fun fights than a week in the MA.

Can recommend it to anyone considering having a go.
I come from a land downunder

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 05:17:15 AM »
So what was the Ending result?  I know I had 2 wins with Manetmp, and 102jish.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 09:43:30 AM »
Originally posted by MwDogg
So what was the Ending result?  I know I had 2 wins with Manetmp, and 102jish.

You missed some GREAT fun.  Graenmet ended up takin' it all.   It was down to BigMax, 102Jish, and Graenmet.  Graenmet was flying towards BigMax (who beat Jish, but got his oil popped) and unfort, BigMax lost his E RIGHT as they were getin' close to each other.

Sux you didn't realize that you had it "won" in that round you flew.  All ya' had to do when he lost his engine was climb a bit, but you took the fight to 'em and it ended in one of the closer "deaths" i've seen.

Great Fun!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 10:02:53 AM »
Yep, If I only knew I had to win that round to win it all, U bet your arse I would have went up and climbed, lol.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Jish102

• Copper Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 03:09:52 PM »
:)
MA: Irish
71 Sqn

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 05:40:05 AM »
I've been staying away from the thread for a day or two to mellow out...

Mane, I flew three whole rounds that night and I WAS watching the fight in question for more than three minutes.  Like I said on private to you after KoTH, our rules state that there is a 60 second extension limit - you broke that - plain and simple.  Lute had established the offensive position while pursuing you - by rule, it was you who to reverse.  And again, I asked you to reverse, then told you you had to reverse, the warned you I'd eject you IF you didn't, then I ejected you when you didn't comply...  Is pretty cut-n-dry.  I made a decision, you disagreed, argued with and ignored my decision which forced me to throw you out.  Whether or not Lute had an alt advantage is immaterial, he knew you had to turn within 60 seconds - why should he blow it when you refused to reverse?

And lastly,  when a CM has to make a decision like this, the playing community must respect it.  We have to be impatial judges and make decisions that we feel are in the best interest of the game.  When we do, it's not open for negotiation.  Your avenue for recourse is here on the message boards and/or you may contact HTC directly and voice your discontent.  In any case, arguing with and refusing to do what a CM asks during an event will most assuredly get you ejected, as it did in this case.

I know you still disagree Mane, your opinion is noted.  I stand by my decision and will do the same thing again should the situation arise anew.  I do regret that it had to be this way.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 05:58:44 AM by BigMax »

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 11:03:03 AM »
maybe alittle more heated than i should be .. but fact remains ..

People have been asking me to turn after BLATENTLY RUNNING  all the sudden they have time to type so I should be the one to turn ..... ?

wish I had filmed it

what about people chaseing lute?  I sure someone wanted to in on him ... but he was high and runnign away .... they were maybe too busy watching thier 6 though

why was lute able to run from TW in the frist round in 262's ... i'm fighting some koth newguy  he drags tw9 by me twice goign out of icons! etc etc etc etc .. round after round of them running and never haveing to answer for it .. yet he wants me to turn when there are ton of cons below him  some co-alt with me and many below both... but he tries claiming i should turn for him(he is not the only con)..... this one sided bs starts to annoy me, and ya i start typeing about!

The round before you acted so judicously, Lute was hoveing above me refuseing to come down and fight while we were alone! ... hotdogman shows up from the north DRAGGING! a player south towards us ... this player eventualy gives up and breaks off, he doesn't ask hotdog to turn.

about 60 seconds later hotdog gets on my low 6 asks me to turn .... so I slow down and fight ... then of course hovering lute comes in...... now he feels like fighting....

IMHO you should be makeing people turn left and right and your not .. only when they have the time to whine ......  you can't watch every fight at once ..

and as things have been you don't make people turn back into fights unless someone whines about it

I got busy talking and argureing with you instead of fighting, and did extend beyond the furball typeing to people like you about things like this ... I guess you'll still miss the point though

so one question.....why don't you make people turn unless someone whines?  

From my POV many players are running like mad ... just playing like i see everyone else playing Max....and you let it happen  

...you don't have the manpower or the will to refree this thing.... take your pick
so change the rules or start enforceing them

no offence just the way I see things
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 11:05:11 AM by Manedew »

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2004, 06:37:56 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
what about people chaseing lute?  I sure someone wanted to in on him ... but he was high and runnign away .... they were maybe too busy watching thier 6 though

why was lute able to run from TW in the frist round in 262's ... i'm fighting some koth newguy  he drags tw9 by me twice goign out of icons! etc etc etc etc .. round after round of them running and never haveing to answer for it .. yet he wants me to turn when there are ton of cons below him  some co-alt with me and many below both... but he tries claiming i should turn for him(he is not the only con)..... this one sided bs starts to annoy me, and ya i start typeing about!

IMHO you should be makeing people turn left and right and your not .. only when they have the time to whine ......  you can't watch every fight at once ..

and as things have been you don't make people turn back into fights unless someone whines about it

so one question.....why don't you make people turn unless someone whines?  

From my POV many players are running like mad ... just playing like i see everyone else playing Max....and you let it happen  

...you don't have the manpower or the will to refree this thing.... take your pick
so change the rules or start enforceing them

no offence just the way I see things

To answer all of this at once...

Whenever I see someone running I do say something about it... Normally I do it without calling people out, unless they don't take the hint - most do.  If they don't I call them by name and use the same procdure I used with you.  

When someone complains about someone else, I wingman them, go to their location in "Eye" mode and evaluate the situation.

As far a Lute running, he fights with "E" in mind and usually refuses to commit to a "locked-up" furball when there are other threats in the immediate area - he uses engage-extend-engage tactics.  But on the other hand, when the situation dictates, I've seen him tie it up with the best of them...  If he or anyone else is running for an extended period of time, bring it to my attention and I will handle it.

Again,
You are trying to establish my negligence on your opinion of the way a fight developed previously... One that I didn't see & you didn't mention until the next round.  With 20 to 30 players online during any KoTH, it is impossible to be everywhere at once.  And yes those who make their greivance known get the focus of my attention - "WHEN IT IS DONE WHILE THE INFRACTION IS HAPPENING".

As to your last thought...
I hate to say it, but I obviously have both as evidenced by your ejection.

***Simply stated, I must enforce the rules the way I see them - not the way YOU want me too.***

My philosophy on hosting KoTH:
It is the players event...  I host it for the enjoyment of the community because I feel that it is the single best event AH has to offer.  It is a learning tool and a sounding board for pilot skills.  The rules are meant to be strictly and evenly enforced.  My ultimate goal is to ensure that everyone has fun and will return.
_____________________________ _____________________
I hope this discussion doesn't discourage anyone from coming out to try KoTH.  It is a great event and probably the single best one to hone your skills amongst some of the best players in the game.