Author Topic: Decemebr KoTH...  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »
well at least you agree with me on many points I make weather you realize it or not ....

Mainly I'm saying your one man, and you can't watch everything and you agree....so if you whine.....maybe that has something to do with why I started.... hummmm

after getting his butt handed to him in DA other day Lute said he would basicly hunt me in KOTH ....   In the very frist round of KOTH dragged tw9 by me twice  .. tw9 killed me second time ... tw9 seems to remember a few experiances as such ... so maybe you can see my annoyance with a guy like Lute ...  

his asking me to turn? at the frist ask there are other cons around.... how come he can E fight out of these situations .. but it's illegal for me?

As far a Lute running, he fights with "E" in mind and usually refuses to commit to a "locked-up" furball when there are other threats in the immediate area - he uses engage-extend-engage tactics. But on the other hand, when the situation dictates, I've seen him tie it up with the best of them... If he or anyone else is running for an extended period of time, bring it to my attention and I will handle it.

but I guess you meant after I was argueing with you .... and not even paying attention much, trying to type out how biased I thought this was??

I should have stoped typeing about it and turned and fought .. but I was getting tired of Lute's attitude.  I guess that's where I extended too long ... while I was typeing about it.....  

KOTH is fun man ... but you generaly admit people have to take the time, effort and lack of charachter to whine for most judgements to be made....

you are after all only one man :) can't be everywhere at once

sorry if I'm harsh .... but I get pleanty of harsh treatment, so I tend to push some back out a bit.  Sometimes on someone who doesn't deserve it(like you max) ... but as long as I get crap from AH players hard for me to stop being generaly bitter in response.

but I try
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 07:24:16 PM by Manedew »

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 09:37:21 PM »
I missed KOTH,  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooo  *breath* Noooooooooooo ...

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2004, 01:13:31 AM »
It's all good...

& on Mane's behalf, personal vendettas are not to be settled in  KoTH.  Please take that to the DA.

EKoTH is Friday December 10th @ 1600 EST...

KoTH-ToC will be the 18th at approximately 1600EST...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2004, 05:25:31 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
must say lute does spend more time running or grabbin alt than he does actually fighting..

funny thing we ( me ) was calling the same thing on you when it was down to last 3 or 4 in individual rounds, I could see no difference in comparison between you and Lute TW9. not bashing you though, just telling it like it is.

and as many times that I have competed with ManeTMP in KOTH or EKOTH I have never actually see him extend or run from anyone, he usually revs and cleans your clock in less then 10 seconds!

as BigMax pointed out, personal vandettas don't belong here,  and I have heard on more than 1 occassion 1 of the 3 players involved say he was going hunting for a particular person to make sure he did not win a KOTH for that month...........

I am here to have fun, I will call you if you break the alt cap , run for to long, or try avoiding the Big Guns when we have 2 or 3 with 2 rounds won, yet you avoid them to kill off other no round winners hoping someone else will kill the 2 rd winners (wabbits ) for you.....

my philosphy is go for the biggest threat first, if someone has already won 2rds then they are the biggest threat, if you let them last til the last 2, the KOTH is over for another whole month........not saying gang them, but at least don't avoid them........you kill off everyone else you only hurting yourself and throwing away your chance at  at least winning a round.

I think the worst part of this issue is Mane got caught up in the typing text fiasco, and forgot about flying and it cost him to get booted, had he reved he prob would be this months winner, again just my opinion!

oh yeah! I was 2 for 2 calling Big Max's 2 winning rds when I saw him upping for the flight, I need to start laying some money down on BigMax to help my financial sitiation! :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 05:29:06 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 08:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by TW9
must say lute does spend more time running or grabbin alt than he does actually fighting..

well...THAT statement invalidates your opinion on the matter.  You have NEVER seen me extend past the 60 second limit.  Period.  Ever.  Hasn't happened, nor would.

When I'm done with a fight, I turn my bird to the next target, and yes, I grab (as does everyone) while otw to the next fight.

If you feel I don't fight, just look at the logs of past KOTH's.  Not sure where/why you got this opinion TW9, but it's hardly accurate.

Mane, you had two wins, AND the one i considered the biggest threat in KOTH that night (which, is a compliment btw).  You will be my 1st target to take out (if possible).  If you are in a fight, I will keep as much alt/E as possible while cherrypicking you (or anyone else for that matter.  tell me who (besides total noobs who don't know better) doesn't do that?)  It's smart flying.

Vendetta? Hmmm....  No, no vendetta.  Yes it's true I will focus on two timers 1st during KOTH's.  You sir, were picked for this one.  Does it have to do with my 3-1 spanking in the DA??? lol of course not.  We will duel again i'm sure, and I'll get ya'.  (just gota figure out your merge 1st.  Sucker is GOOD)  There is no vendetta, OR bad feelings about loosing in the DA to you.  I'm hardly that petty.  Expect me to work on it, and beat you fair and square.  Anybody I've discussed our duel with will say I was very complimentary towards you about it.  (something, if roles were reversed, I somehow don't think you would be)

Did I fly trying to make sure YOU didn't win?? Hmmm.....   I would say that's in all likelyhood, there is a shred of truth to that  But again, with your poor sportsmanship, horrible attitude, and a mouth like an pimply 8th grade lad, who wouldn't wanna kill you?  Again, if I were you, and reacted to others the way you do, I would hardly be surprised that people would take delight in killing me.  With a mouth like that, one would think it's expected.  YOU just don't like the fact that I did it (or COULD do it).  You have quite the opinion of yourself, (alot of it merited btw, you one of the top pilots in the game) but do you have to be such a baby and rude?  Bad form.

IF you were not there, and say WldThing was, I would have focused on him.  Or Fester, or Urchin, or Shane...etc...  Heck, others do it to me, and you don't hear me whining like a baby 'bout it.  I recall one KOTH where I raced out to two wins in the 1st 3 rounds (ALMOST 3 wins durn it) and was horribly gang banged for the next three + hours.  Did I crybaby on the bbs 'bout it?  Of course not.  Did it get old?  Yes it did, and was quite frustrating, but I laugh about it now.

When there are multiple con's in the area, you will drag them to each other, get THEM to fight, and then come back and kill the survivor.  Is that bad?  Nope, it's smart.  What you started really whining about, is when the two didn't fight, and stayed on you.  THAT is to be expected with a two timer.  It's how it's done.  Sorry you don't like it, but that is gonna happen.  (please see above parag. about geting ganged like that and not whining)  Heck, in many a KOTH i've had 4-8 guys on me to the exclusion of each other when I have 2 wins.  Again, not something to be a baby about.  

About the final fight where you were booted.  I had alt and a ton o' E on you, and you were fighting another pilot.  When I came into the fight, you broke and ran.  The other guy was @ 1k ish out from u, and chased you for over a min.  I stayed behind him w/ alt and also chased.  After that min you HAD to turn.  That's the rules.  If roles were reversed, I would have turned and fought.  But you kept on going.  After about min. # 2 the other pilot finally broke.  I stayed on you and you ran, and you ran, and you ran.  Could I have dove in on you and blown my advantage?  Sure.  Did I HAVE to?  No.  The RULES are you have to turn and fight.  Period.  Soooo.... after 60seconds you had to break back and fight.  Could you then, after turning back, extend again? (like I saw you do many a times that night.  Do a 1/2 hearted merge, then start running again) sure, you coulda done that.  THAT would be within the rules.  There isn't much else to discuss here.  Over 4min or extending (almost 5, you never did turn until i broke off) SHOULD get you booted.  Sux I came in with alt/E on you, but I did.  What SUX more is your flagrant breaking of the KOTH rules.  

Your mad because I didn't blow my position to fight your fight.  Sorry 'bout that laddie, but that's not gonna happen.  If I have position on you, I'm gonna keep any and all advantages I can.  As sir do you, or any other pilot that flys.  

BigMax has the right of it, and he did what he felt he had to.  I'm sorry you forced that situation on him.  Shows a total lack of charachter.  In the future KOTH's (like say this Fri. at 4pm eastern, or the tournement o' champs on the 18th) do I expect you to hunt me?  Sure, why not.  Would be fun.  Will I go to the bbs and crybaby about it?  LOL hardly.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:35:43 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »
KOTH has always been a "brotherhood", many of us have flown against each other in KOTH for a long long time..  Incidents happen,  watermelon happens,  were all here to have fun,  and KOTH is the gateway.  Were furball driven psychopaths,  even if we dont want to admit it.  I know during my KOTH days i loved to win,  and fly as smart as i could..  But there would always be that one bastige that would crawl up to my arse and try to rip me a new one..  It was always an exilirating experience.  

Rules that BM has enforced are and should be respected,  i know from personal experience,  ive done things that shouldnt have been done..  And especially that extending issue..  But i know i had made a mistake and was willing to accept it.

But my overall point is that,   KOTH should be a fun event,  most of us are there to kill and be killed,  we get angry we get mad,  and yet we love each other,  or we wouldnt be back next month to try to kill that person that ruined your win the prior month.  It's all in fun,  and you know you will never make that mistake again..

Events like KOTH are what makes each and every one of us great pilots. .;)

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2004, 07:26:20 PM »
Great Post WT !

Offline One0One

• Zinc Member
Decemebr KoTH...
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 10:14:55 AM »
Couldnīt have said it better.Great post Wldthng .