Author Topic: Training Films Possible  (Read 577 times)

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Training Films Possible
« on: August 24, 2001, 01:51:00 PM »
Hello all;
I found the following site with ACM films

ACM Films Real Audio Format

but I cannot view them while switching to and from internal and external view.  Does anyone know how to do that?  Also, many of them seem to have a problems with unzipping.

If not, is it possible to publish training films, in AW or AH playable formats, from which the likes of Andy and Lephturn and others have posted screen grabs. Leph, I went to your site but couldn't find any films, just pics.  

It must be my right vs left brain dichotomy but, while I understand the text and the pictures about lag, lead and pure pursuit, for example, or when to utilize a Hi Yo Yo to correct angles, or whatever, I find that when I am flying the sim, either AW or AH, I am at a total loss as to a) the situation I am in and b) what to do to get where I want to be

In AW & AH it is possible to use both internal and external views to view other's films taken during certain maneuvers.  I would even be willing to fly bandit whilst one of you ACES wipes me out repeatedly, just for the chance to view the film afterwards.  I follow instructions very well, ya know.  I think this would be a fabulous addition to the great text and graphics stuff on SimHQ and here.  Expecially if it were presented in an organized fashion.  Mayhaps there would be more challenge to shooting me and others like me down!

Is this a dumb idea or are there places you can get these AW or AH films already.

Thanks

:)

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Syzygy ]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Training Films Possible
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
Go here. Done by ripsnort of VMF323. http://ripsnort60.tripod.com/AH_INFORMATION.html

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Training Films Possible
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2001, 02:27:00 PM »
Make sure you read the header, you need Norway Terrain for some of them, you can D/L the Norway terrain at the Downloads section of this website.

(Hiya Apache, still miss ya bud!  Quit thinking, makes my brain hurt!)

Offline Syzygyone

• Silver Member
Training Films Possible
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  Setting it up even as I type.
  :D