Author Topic: Dog Fighting  (Read 490 times)

blake

Dog Fighting
« on: December 31, 1999, 02:18:00 PM »
I go online and I see enemy planes, so i fly towards them but I can never catch them. either their too high or moving to fast. what do i need to do?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Dog Fighting
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 1999, 02:49:00 PM »
be higher and faster  

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
Dog Fighting
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 1999, 03:30:00 PM »
Higher Faster??!! I was at 28K and you were still above me! :-)  Good fight we had! Wish I caught it on tape.  S!

Central
Dickweed FG
 http://bombergroup.com

[This message has been edited by Central (edited 12-31-1999).]

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
Dog Fighting
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 1999, 04:40:00 PM »
Announce on open channel that "I am new, but I'm in a Spitfire directly below a bunch of red icons. Can someone help me?"

Some of those planes will come down to greet you!  

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Dog Fighting
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2000, 03:35:00 AM »
blake,
It can take a while before you get accustomed to the environment.  Until then things will probably seem out of control.  Though my comrades above poke fun at your hardship, their advice is sound.  Depending on the plane, try to get somewhere from 20-30,000 feet of altitude, then fly to an area with enemy activity.  You should find a few below to pounce at that point.

Good luck!

------------------
leonid, aka grisha
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
Dog Fighting
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2000, 11:39:00 PM »
Leonid is right, and also  if you are well below a climbing buff at already high alt...chasing him from 6 is NOT the thing to do....

2 things will happen....he will drop his bombs before u get to him and once u struggle up there, he will shoot you down from his tail gunner position.

Attack buffs from above and use a slashing attack.

------------------
Member of the Flying Elvis's...AH's most elite parachute team...

214CaveJ

Dog Fighting
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2000, 09:47:00 AM »
Make that a fast slashing attack.  A slow slash is just a deflection shot (as many can attest to I think =).  Even fast ones can be brought down by a good gunner, you just dinnae take as much damage on your slash attack

eskimo

Dog Fighting
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
Fly the FW-190.  
It has by far the best kill ratio in aces high (1.45 to 1).  Keep it high and fast!  It has lots of big nasty guns with lots of ammo, so you can be a lousy shot, like me, and still get kills.  Just don't try to turn for very long with other fighters, especially at under 200 mph.
eskimo

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
Dog Fighting
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 05:05:48 PM »
*punt*