Author Topic: Friendly URLs please  (Read 578 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Friendly URLs please
« on: January 18, 2000, 06:18:00 AM »
Hi again,
As I've stated earlier, Im no WW2 plane "Experten", more like a Jet Fighter jock   ...

First of all, I would like to be able to turn off the ID TAG that is above the plaes (When I know who's who, of course...) I had a thing yesterday where I couldn't see a Red plane, because it was masked by numerous Green Tags...

I tried "CTRL I" & "ALT I" , but, it only took out the FPS display, not the tags in front of the planes...

Second thing :

I am looking for some usefull WW2 plane Tactics and Tips, are htere some Aces High sites already up there talking about that ?
(Asking, because , the ones I found were almost always related to EAW and , I think EAW is childsplay compared to AH...)

Also, I would be looking for B17 / B26 particular defensive tips...

Cheers,

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 01-18-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

combat23

Friendly URLs please
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
Saintaw,

If you don't have it get the book Fighter combat by Robert Shaw. Many of the guys here sware by it. Fighter tactics are about the same as for jets in a guns only mode. decide to turn and burn, boom and zoom, or E-fight. Its all about angles and energy.

See ya on line

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Friendly URLs please
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2000, 09:01:00 AM »
Hehehe,
Amazon, I visited today.........and the book in my lap will be in 7 to 15 days  

Found out a couple of usefull Warbird Gunnery tips in this MB, but don't remember where...need to print those, 7-15 days is long  

Long enough to make sure that at least , I'll be a tougher target  

------------------
Saint
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
Friendly URLs please
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
Yes, Shaw's book is very useful.  Tonight I stuck it under my keyboard and proceeded to earn a 4 kill 2 assist sortie, and that's without reading the thing!  

Oh, yeah, the book itself is pretty good too, however some parts of it are little more than a technical manual.  Overall I recommend it highly.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Friendly URLs please
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2000, 03:33:00 AM »
AS far as ID tags go you should be able to toggle them by hitting Alt+I.  When this feature was first added I had to manually map the key in the setup screen.  I just set it to Alt+I because I think I remember hearing pyro or someone say that's the default and I lacked enough creativity to find a better place to put it.   Anyways it's very useful because it lets you see what planes your country men are flying.  Good to know so when you have a bandit on your six you aren't calling for that goon over there for help.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Friendly URLs please
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2000, 03:46:00 AM »
Hehehe  
Indeed, not much use to ask that C47 to "back you up" is it ?  

Thanks all !

------------------
Saint
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.