Author Topic: MS Force Feedback Pro?  (Read 1158 times)

-Catman-

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« on: January 18, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
I recently started using this stick and it works great in most games but it does seem that there is some "feel" problems in AH.

Anyone else using this stick and if you don't mind sharing I'd like to see how you configed your keys.

10 kills and counting!  We wont talk about the deaths.. =)

-Catman-
catman@royal.net

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2000, 05:12:00 PM »
What? You and I the only two using the MS FFB Pro?  I was also looking for help with the stick.  Seems that AH doesn't support the 8 way HAT is the first thing I've found out.  My HAT only works forward, right, left and rear.  Since I switch between FA2 and AH I've tried to match up my joystick settings.  One thing I've done is to program nose up and down trim to buttons 3 and 4
If you've learned anything new since your post please update so the force of two can learn from each other.
Beeg

-Catman-

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2000, 05:25:00 PM »
I've learned very little about AH and this stick. Here is what I've found so far:

I always calibrate my stick when I get into the plane..it seems to lose it's config sometimes.

I also turned down my "feedback" and modified the "dead band" in AH.  I seem to fly a little smoother now.

I haven't even tried to modify the buttons yet but I'll give it a shot tonight.

It's hard to believe that nobody uses this stick and that AH does not even consider adding more force feedback effects.

Can you image how it must have felt when the real Hog pilots fired those 20mm cannons?  I want to feel the plane shudder when I'm about to rip the wings off.  

Catman

Offline Gator

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dragon-isle.net/kwilhite/keith.html
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2000, 12:05:00 AM »
Seems that AH doesn't support the 8 way HAT

I'm using the 8-way hat on a Logitech ... did you use the AH joystick configuration setup?  If not, go to "Setup" -> "Stick Mapping" -> and then do "Set Button" on the "View keys" to match the Hat.  You'll see the Stick Map for the Hat shows the 8 positions, so I would be surprised if the Logitech works and the MS doesn't ...

Hope this helps, 'cuz I sure like the 8-way hat, too,
--Keith

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2000, 07:49:00 AM »
AH DOES support an 8-way hat.

I am using an MS Sidewinder 3D Pro.  8 way hat has worked since .40 or something.  You need to first make sure it is configured and working properly in the Windows control panel.  Assuming it is, you need to use the stick mapper to map the other hat positions to your corner views.

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »
I had posted this as a reply to a MS Force Feedback Pro inquiry in the Hardware/Software forum.

I just switched to a Suncom HOTAS set-up, but I had been using the FFP up to this point.
I didn't use the sidewinder profile editor to setup the stick, I used the stick mapping feature within AH itself.

My set-up was like this....

Button 1 (trigger)- Fighters --Set to the Fire all function or N key....on bombers I re-set to F key for fire primary only.

Button 2 (left button on stick)- Fighters-- set to the Zoom function Z key. Bombers set to the secondary fire key or B key.

Button 3 - (Upper right button on stick)Fighters and Bombers -- Set the elevator down trim feature or I key.

Button 4 - (lower right button on stick)Fighters and Bombers -- Set the elevator up trim feature or K key.

Button 5 -(A button on base) Fighters and Bombers -- Set the aileron right trim feature or < key.

Button 6 -(B button on base) Fighters and Bombers -- Set the Flap up feature or the W key.

Button 7 -(C button on base) Fighters and bombers -- set the aileron left feature or the M key.

Button 8 -(D button on base) Fighters and bombers -- Set the Flap down feature or the Q key.

Button 9 - (Shift button on Base) Fighters and bombers -- Set the look up feature or the 5 key on numpad. Use this with the hat views combined and you get 45 degree angle up views around the vis clock.

The hat switch is set for the views..
Push hat forward -- get the look up forward view or 8/5 combination on numpad.

Push hat upper right corner -- get the look forward right view or the 9 on numpad.

Push hat right-- get the look right view or 6 on numpad.

Push hat lower right corner -- get the look back right view or the 3 on numpad.

Push hat back -- get the look back view or the 2 on the numpad.

Push hat lower left corner -- get the look back left view or the 1 on the numpad.

Push hat left -- get the look left view or the 4 on numpad.

Push hat upper left -- get the look forward left view or the 7 on the numpad.

Hat in center position defaults to the look straight ahead view or 8 on numpad.

I'm at work currently so I may have the numbers of keys on the joystick wrong (that's why I added the A,B,C,D coding that the stick has on the buttons), but I'll double check when I get home to make sure its right.

------------------
Member of the Flying Elvis's...AH's most elite parachute team...

[This message has been edited by Cobra (edited 01-24-2000).]

-Catman-

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Salute! Cobra

I'll try that config tonight.

Catman

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2000, 11:52:00 PM »
RTFM is an old term and I should have before I said you couldn't program all 8 positions, you can.  As a matter of fact the only thing I'mc trying to figure out yet is if FFB effects are supported.
Beeg

-Catman-

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2000, 09:05:00 AM »

Originally posted by Beegerite:
RTFM is an old term and I should have before I said you couldn't program all 8 positions, you can.  As a matter of fact the only thing I'mc trying to figure out yet is if FFB effects are supported.
Beeg

I don't think it's functioning correctly in AH.  I never get the feel of firing guns or even cannons.  I had my feedback set to the highest level and had to turn it to low to get a more smooth flight.

Sure was someone at HiTech would tell us if they plan to support it or not.

Catman

Offline Ronni

• Nickel Member
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2000, 10:11:00 AM »

Catman,

It's on the list, just not of the highest priority right now.

Ronni

------------------
Veronica "Ronni" Newman
Sr. Programmer/Webmaster
HiTech Creations, Inc.

-Catman-

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ronni:

Catman,
It's on the list, just not of the highest priority right now.
Ronni

Thanks Ronni!  I'm glad to hear it's on the list.  I'd be more than happy to help test it for you when you get close to adding it..

BTW I live in Dallas!

Catman

[This message has been edited by -Catman- (edited 01-28-2000).]

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2000, 09:49:00 AM »
Hi ,

use the MSFF pro myself.Configured it with the config. program 3.0 and also tried to set it up  within the AH stick program.
Both ways worked for me (with 8way hat) , although the stick feels a little bit to touchy to me.
Only realy problem is that i often get this
"Don't move ure stick...." message while running on the runway in planes with much torque effect and while using ruder.

blitz

Grater

MS Force Feedback Pro?
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2000, 05:18:00 PM »
Also a MSFFB user. Configuring everything is possible, (except FFB itself).  I do however have to re-calibrate, just about everytime I launch a new session of AH.  I see thru the thread that someone else has noticed this as well.  Is this a real problem or just off the wall?