Author Topic: Finaly, I did it....the F4U stopped killing me...  (Read 557 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Finaly, I did it....the F4U stopped killing me...
« on: January 18, 2000, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks to the "Trim" tip someone gave me here earlier...
I could finaly take off with my 2 babies  
I first wanted to get airborne with the FW190...Managed to do it without the help of the "Hill", after a couple of times...

And FINALY got that son of a G*** to get in the air without killing me and without loosing a wing in the dirt  

YAHOOOOO !!!!

I even managed to land the bird in one piece (overshot the runway a little though...)

------------------
Saint
DCO 186th Wardogs (Falcon4 Squad)
 http://www.wardogs.org/
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

-Catman-

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2000, 02:48:00 PM »
I had a difficult time with the F4U also.  I've been playing AH about 5 days now and I'm finally able to take off and land in every plane.

I still have problems (ie. Spins) in the F4U.

See ya up there tonight!

Catman

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »
FIRST VICTORIES, AHAAAA !!!!
Listened to what I heard on this board but it was hard on my nerves...I was flying the NK (I like the guns...) and lined up a P51 that was, I think, unaware that I was there...

Shot all my cannons at the same time when I was 350 ft away...BOUM BOUM !!! Saw the Chute commin down       !!!

Played Gunner for a nice Italian chap (ugh, had to dig out that old Italian knowledge of mine...) Downed a 190 before they finaly got us...we were outnumbered 5/1...

Then, a friend of mine showed up on Roger wilco channel, and I got him through the registration thing, and tried to teach him to fly , explained the few tricks that I had learned online...

We flew together in a far corner a couple of minutes, then, he had to leave, but Groundhog will be back again tomorrow !

Stayed in that B26, and managed to scratch another 190 before I was downed...

I then went to Airfield 6....MAN ! around 20 planes in the area, 60% of them reds...
Tried the Spit, but got shot as soon as I was in the air  

Tried a little trick then : Jumped in a B17, and flew back and forthe above the Runway, ussing all the guns I could  

I got 2 planes, a 109 and an Italian plane (forgot the name, scuza...), The "Buff" took hits prettu well, and I wa able to get another 2 planes, before I was finaly downed by "Techie"...I was only using 2 Engines at that time and was smokin' like a real Cuban  

I love this Sim !

------------------
Saint
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2000, 06:18:00 PM »

Originally posted by Saintaw:

Tried a little trick then : Jumped in a B17, and flew back and forthe above the Runway, ussing all the guns I could  

UMMMM-you probably shouldn`t do this,it`s known as "ackstarring"   and is really frowned upon by most players as "gaming the game". It isn`t going to make you any friends and will definately give you a bad name in the Aces High community. Jump in a fighter or move to another field.

------------------
}]
 JG2 "Richthofen"

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2000, 01:19:00 AM »

Ouch, OK, sorry, won't do it again...
Will instead concentrate on mastering those hig G turns in the fighters...

------------------
Saint
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.