Author Topic: F4U-1 vs Hurrican't  (Read 2603 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 01:31:52 PM »
I was hoping to seen a film of MacMAWs Yak ripping Shane a new hole in his F4U.  Then the hours of Shane decrying the kill in several different scenarios.  

1st there was a chitload of Yaks.

2nd there were no Yaks, that he turfed.

3rd I HO'd him.

4th I used a cheat code.

5th it nevar happened.

6th refer to the 1st excuse.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

:rofl

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 01:45:31 PM »
I watched my nephew blow Chief out of the sky 4 times the other night because he kept reupping and flying suicide runs in a P-38

guess this was when we was going for the cv

jj169th is simply a new player with insufficient ACM training. Again, I apologize for being rude. jj, you are welcome to fly my wing in the TA while I beat the snot out of TC, then we can switch roles.  

I'll take this as a joking comment

Seriously TC, you're a Trainer, train these guys for crissake, they're your squadies

if they ask me, yes I'll help, even offer if they don't ask.............1 cannot hold a gun to anyones head

now for the rest of your reply and the first post, I  did not realize how proud or arrogant you seem to be........is glad to know we got a kickarse superduper  Trainer that  gives so much to the AH community :aok  hope your back don't hurt from all that patting going on there.......stuff like this is not my cup of tea! and if that is how the Trainers OF AH are going to reply and comment or talk to others then I damn sure don't want to be a part of it!!!
 I only help train because I enjoy helping others, and I want to pass on what others have taught me, I do not need no glory, pats on the back, no need to thump my chest or say how many times I smacked someone down........if you ever find me doing that I am doing it in a joking or frinedly manner and the other person is doing the same................

I find the below post by SlapShot to be the most fitting, and as I had thought earlier, Shane had a reason for typing "seals" in the text buffer, in which there is alot more to it than just typing "seals" but that has no bearing here now......

When will you people learn that when Shane goes into his diatribe on 200, he works you up into a frenzy and takes you out of your normal game. I know that Chief is a better flyer than what this film shows, but I would bet the ranch that after the ribbing from Shane (towards the Damned) he was so intent on trying to take Shane out, he made the silly mistakes that he did
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 02:10:57 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 02:10:34 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
TC, that film showed me two guys who did poorly. They both did just about everything wrong once they engaged. And yes, I was too harsh. And I apologize for that. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean I wasn't correct. You are right in that we don't know what other things influenced their flying. However, we can only judge what we do know and that's what we see in the film.

How about you don't judge.  Who exactly gave you the head judge spot in here?  You guys - Veterinarians - can claim all you want that you do this for the comunity, and maybe a few of you do.  Most of you though do it for yourselfs.  Noone told you how great a pilot you are for a couple of days and you come in here telling us how great you are and what idiots the rest od us are.

I am not saing you are not great pilots.  You are.  That does not give you any right to humiliate other people in here or in the game.  Here is an example of the help I got from the great ones: one of the few time I got to kill Shane the great, his contructive critisism was "ha ha ha, was going to be out of fuel soon anyway".  I learned to use the keyboard from that encounter.

So, as virtual pilots you may be great, your personalities need some TA time for sure.

Regards and STFU.  No one asked you.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 02:16:40 PM »
ok, I went over the line............

lets drop this and let it get buried......

or someone lock it.......

everyone of us sees things from a different perspective.........that is all that is going on here........

Widewing is a good person, as well a Shane, me well I am me and I tend to open my mouth ( keyboard ) to fast , to soon at times!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004, 02:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
I was hoping to seen a film of MacMAWs Yak ripping Shane a new hole in his F4U.  Then the hours of Shane decrying the kill in several different scenarios.  
1st there was a chitload of Yaks.
2nd there were no Yaks, that he turfed.
3rd I HO'd him.
4th I used a cheat code.
5th it nevar happened.
6th refer to the 1st excuse.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

lie harder, son, this ain't convincing enough for those who know both of us.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2004, 02:37:55 PM »
JOUST MASTER

i love when they try to dive under my nose..

please ..please do this

next......................... ......

Offline Slot

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vfa25.org
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2004, 02:42:48 PM »
Hi All..
I'm a bit new here but I thought I would give you guys a newbie's point of view. I've been flying AH for about a year now and love the game. I never tune to 200.  I agree that some poeple try to play head games in an attempt to get me off my game plan when fighting.
I came from brand WB flight sim where there is alot of things wrong, but one thing they used to do right was training. Trainers would  pick different fighters and give a 2 or 3 day class on how to use it in air combat. To do this, they would bring in a respected pilot who flew the aircraft most of the time. They usually had no trouble getting 10 guys to take these classes. As a matter of fact, most of the time these classes would fill quickly. Maybe your trainers might want to give thhis a try? I would love to learn how to fly the F4U. I do okey in it, but I know there are people who are really good at it.
I think the newbies could gain alot from this and maybe make the game more fun for you old hats as well.

Slot

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2004, 04:06:44 PM »
Still IN denial Shane?

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2004, 05:03:59 PM »
Some of you jokers talk like you're the best of the best. Its just funny I think. :)

Shane is a watermelon talker with a motive and can back up his smack talking  to boot. You can't hold that against him.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004, 08:41:44 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
TC, that film showed me two guys who did poorly. They both did just about everything wrong once they engaged. And yes, I was too harsh. And I apologize for that. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean I wasn't correct. You are right in that we don't know what other things influenced their flying. However, we can only judge what we do know and that's what we see in the film.

DMDChief started by not using the Hurricane's only performance asset from the outset. If he assumed that the F4U would not maneuver, then he had already screwed the pooch. Always assume the enemy is going to try to kill you. Had he pulled off power early and executed a vertical reverse on the merge, he would have had Shane cold as Shane's greater E would have left him exposed for a shot as he came over the top. Waiting to see what Shane did first was his doom.

I think DMDChief should think a bit more about what he plans to do to the enemy rather than react after the fact. I watched my nephew blow Chief out of the sky 4 times the other night because he kept reupping and flying suicide runs in a P-38. So, viewing this film only confirmed the impression that left. He's been flying for just 3 months or so. He could benefit from some additional ACM training.

jj169th is simply a new player with insufficient ACM training. Again, I apologize for being rude. jj, you are welcome to fly my wing in the TA while I beat the snot out of TC, then we can switch roles. ;)

Seriously TC, you're a Trainer, train these guys for crissake, they're your squadies! Hell, tell me when and I'll help you. Geez, my squad spends a lot of time in the TA and DA. We work on every aspect of the game. I take individual squad members there and we work on basic ACM and tactics. I worked with SuperDud the other day. I flew the P-51B he had a SpitV. We had fights exactly like Shane and Chief did. SuperDud asked, "How the heck did you reverse onto my 6 so fast?" I both explained and demonstrated how to do it. SuperDud came back with "That's exactly what Furball did to me the other day!" Now he knows how to counter the vertical reverse well enough to give Furball a tougher time of in their next meeting. I coach my nephew when he flies by sitting next to him. Good 'ol Leviathn gave him a terrific lesson he won't be forgetting anytime soon. I got him to reup and go back, but he chickened out at the last minute, leaving me the unenviable task of getting his revenge. While he has learned enough to hold his own in the MA, he prefers GVs, buffs, shed bombing and manned guns. So, I let him do his thing, even if he porks my stats (which he does, but I frankly don't care much about scores). Now that Santa has provided him with a new computer, I expect he'll have his own account in January. He needs a handle, but didn't care for my suggestion: Megaputz.....

There's more to training than the quasi-nursery school program we generally have to run in the TA. Sure, there's a big need for teaching the basics of getting the airplane off and back onto the ground, of learning the various game functions. But that certainly does not produce players ready for the MA.

I like to take a few of these guys away from the base and work on things like managing their E, managing the merge, judging the enemy's E, determining intent and basic counters to attacks. We really need some sort of formalized advanced training. We simply do not stress SA enough either. SA is the real factor that creates the divide between good players and poor players. All the ACM skills in the world won't help you if you never see the enemy.

Confident players are better players and they enjoy the game more as a result.

Noobs simply fighting other noobs means that they never rise above the level of their competition. That breeds a false confidence. We need to be spending more time teaching these guys how to cope with what they will face in the MA. A few days ago Fester came into the TA to try the Ki-84 and shake off any rust. We had a blast furballing with his Ki-84 and my P-51B. Some of the noobs actually learned a few things by participating and watching. Fester let it be known that he was fair game and soon had a dozen noobs hard after him. Fester's comment was that "this is more fun than the MA!" Most of the new guys had fun too. They had a chance to mix it up with one of the game's better players without the social stigma of getting whacked in the MA and without having to re-plane after getting smacked. Two guys told me that they learned more fighting Fester than they had learned during months in the MA. One fellow filmed the whole thing and spent hours reviewing the film. When I last talked to him he said, "man, you can't imagine how much that helped me." Well, yes I can imagine that.

I've gone to the DA with Urchin where he schooled me on the merge about 10 times before I figured out his moves. That was invaluable to me. I'll gladly take a beating just to learn what guys like Lev, Urchin and Badboy already know. All three of these guys are willing to go to the DA and work with a player who sincerely wants to learn. That goes for Shane as well. Shane is always ready to help people learn ACM. I don't begrudge Shane his smack-talk, because he will turn around and spend hours of his time teaching the same guys he just ragged, and do it gladly.

That is the stuff we should be teaching noobs before they find themselves in the MA getting their butts kicked. But, the noobs themselves have to realize that they need training and ask for help. The general level of ACM skills HAS deteriorated over the past few years. Thankfully, we have more and more of the skilled players dropping into the TA and are sharing their experience. Badboy is in there frequently. Hammer is back with the trainer corps and is a huge asset. Ghosth loves to teach ACM, and he's a good teacher. Fuseman's always working his butt off with new players. I don't see much of TC, Ren or the others, probably because we have vastly differing schedules.

What we really need is more of the better players to take an interest in the new players. Come to the TA and work with them for an hour here and there. Yeah, I know the TA lacks exploding planes, but the benefit comes from elevating the general level of play in the MA. Speaking just for myself, I'm always grateful for the help because I must spend much of my time teaching the absolute basics. Anytime I see Badboy in the TA I know that the new players will have a skilled player to teach them some ACM and SA. The rest of you can make a difference too.

My regards,

Widewing

You really do enjoy the sound of your own keystrokes.    ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2004, 09:10:29 PM »
So here we are again... bigmouth is ragging on someone who can't fly as good as he does.  Maybe coach was having a bad night, maybe he doesn't fly hurri's alot, maybe if you shoot them down you should just relish the fact you won and leave it at that.  But since Shane likes to poke fun at people in a public forum and post films for everyone to see, I thought I'd post one I have of him.  This is 616Fubar in a p40 killing both shane and hammy in their la7s.  Funny, I don't see any horde in this one, seems like a pretty fair fight, and at the end.... gee who misses the easy 6 shot while the teeny weeny p40 is busy with another la7?  Hmmmmm I wonder.  If you fly like you say others should, you should've let fubar get back on his feet before re-engaging, but you tried to cherry him, then lost, in your own ride to a (this can be disputed) lesser plane.  Enjoy, and happy new year =)

Film

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2004, 09:33:05 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
So here we are again... bigmouth is ragging on someone who can't fly as good as he does.  Maybe coach was having a bad night, maybe he doesn't fly hurri's alot, maybe if you shoot them down you should just relish the fact you won and leave it at that.  But since Shane likes to poke fun at people in a public forum and post films for everyone to see, I thought I'd post one I have of him.  This is 616Fubar in a p40 killing both shane and hammy in their la7s.  Funny, I don't see any horde in this one, seems like a pretty fair fight, and at the end.... gee who misses the easy 6 shot while the teeny weeny p40 is busy with another la7?  Hmmmmm I wonder.  If you fly like you say others should, you should've let fubar get back on his feet before re-engaging, but you tried to cherry him, then lost, in your own ride to a (this can be disputed) lesser plane.  Enjoy, and happy new year =)

Film

Damn, I sure hope films of me dying don't start turning up,  onpoi.net will run out  bandwidth and server space

Nice flying tho Fubar
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 10:43:45 PM by Redd »
I come from a land downunder

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2004, 10:01:07 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
This is 616Fubar in a p40 killing both shane and hammy in their la7s.  

even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while.  don't *you* have any films of your own?  why must dweebs like you always talk smack behind *others'* efforts?

you have no clue as to why i actually posted this film, but i guess you feel compelled to hump my ankle, as usual.

try harder.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
F4U-1 vs Hurrican't
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2004, 10:22:49 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

how often are you taking HO/Ram?  ;)

Well, I get ho'd at pretty darn often, but as of now I've been trying to get some lateral seperation and maybe start a hard break turn with a bit of vertical in it (depending) about 400 out from them...  Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever broke sooner.

I'm going to have to log on and try this one out.

Edit - Also, if any of you trainers/teachers/seal clubbers are planning on having a class sometime, let me know! I've read a lot of old, OLD, lectures, etc. where there are a few fellows in on it.  How come this doesn't happen anymore?  Am I just not aware of it?  

I'd go.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 10:37:06 PM by Vudak »
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline FuBaR

• Nickel Member
<pout>
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2004, 10:49:50 PM »
I dont ask  to be Crowned killer of Shane, Just  saying nice flying would make me happy.   Shane