Author Topic: The Forming of Something Great....  (Read 8745 times)

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Come on, fellas
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2005, 02:46:31 PM »
get this organized, and I will guarantee a horde for you to try to kill.  Gar- on- tee.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
The Forming of Something Great....
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2005, 03:29:41 PM »
get this organized, and I will guarantee a horde for you to try to kill. Gar- on- tee.

You know, I'm sure we would take you up on that. Are you up for a fight where the odds are fairly equal? I don't think the plan is to throw some selection of "7 samurai" to die valiantly against 4-1 odds, but a whole pack of dedicated opposition larger than most horde warriors seem to like to face. Maybe a "you try to take our base, we'll try to take yours" kind of thing, with no focus on winning the war for an evening. What do ya say:)

Charon
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 03:54:06 PM by Charon »

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2005, 03:47:03 PM »
Can't we just focus on one specific horde instead?

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2005, 04:06:39 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
You know, I'm sure we would take you up on that. Are you up for a fight where the odds are fairly equal? I don't think the plan is to throw some selection of "7 samurai" to die valiantly against 4-1 odds, but a whole pack of dedicated opposition larger than most horde warriors seem to like to face. Maybe a "you try to take our base, we'll try to take yours" kind of thing, with no focus on winning the war for an evening. What do ya say:)

Charon

Let's pick a night and a time.  It'll be a blast.  We could go with an offense-defense kind of thing, or just free-form.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2005, 04:50:52 PM »
Jamusta,

Have you tried making hoard busting missions in the planner yet and posting them?

Put in all the non-perked altmonkey uber rides, Pony, PJ, Dora, and JugD40. Nomde has us in the CT tonight, but next time you see us in the MA, give him a shout on it. As you know we mostly fly wing sweeps with out P47's covering 3 bases from 15-20k. What you are describing sounds like our standard squad Op's.

20 altmonkey rides blowing into a hoard as a mission would work.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2005, 05:57:19 PM »
Excellent idea bustr... Now I must learn how to use the damn missun planner

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Great
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2005, 06:39:42 PM »
So If i get thisstraight, A game that used to be about capturing bases, working as a group and developing a plan, looking out for each other and achieving a goal is now about to turn into a fly for points fighter arcade type game! Totaly devoid of strategy or any last vestiges of realism or team work. Just perfect (not)

Over the last year we've lost our clouds weather systems, night flying, variety of terrain, and itseems now we are overun with point scorers.

Oh I'll be sure not fly when you guys are around lol.

(cue the flaming and sniping)

;)

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Great
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2005, 06:39:45 PM »
So If i get thisstraight, A game that used to be about capturing bases, working as a group and developing a plan, looking out for each other and achieving a goal is now about to turn into a fly for points fighter arcade type game! Totaly devoid of strategy or any last vestiges of realism or team work. Just perfect (not)

Over the last year we've lost our clouds weather systems, night flying, variety of terrain, and itseems now we are overun with point scorers.

;)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2005, 06:49:41 PM »
Uhhhh Skydancer, this game started out as just Air to Air combat, the Strat malarky cam afterwards.:aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2005, 07:02:29 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
"Tactical Wing Aeronautical Team" STRATTERBUSTERS

or

T.W.A.T.S.

"who shot you down?"

"those avacadoS :mad: "

:rofl :rofl

Count me in!! Mwhahahahaha!!
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline mojo55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2005, 07:06:10 PM »
in........

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2005, 07:19:42 PM »
Uhh,,,Skydancer....Fighter sweeps are authentic and very effective tools for disrupting and destroying enemy initiatives. Does anyone here remember WW2, 8th Airforce bomber streams, Luftwaffa fighter defence of the Father land............Sooo I guess we should not use "tactics" from WW2 to stop groups of coordinated mutualy supportive enemies, working together with a PLAN to destroy our cities and bases?????????

Have I been living in Kalifornia too long guys???? I think my old adilpated brains aint workin right or sumptin.........I just tought Jumasta had the makins of a great idea and we could play it out with authenticity...........and have a Rip Snortin Kester kicken Sheep Scarin Good Time................did I miss anything at the door on the way in?????????????????:rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2005, 10:16:17 PM »
Can't we just focus on one specific horde instead?

Nothing wrong with both, at least for me. Shubie has thrown down the gauntlet and it should be a fun time if enough people are interested :)

I also wouldn't mind regularly joining Jam's movement one night a week so I could devote my limited flying time to flying with others who have the same general outlook and a desire to engage the enemy at the heart of the attack. I don't mind hordse if they face off with other hordes. Don't even mind strat if it involves a fight.

Charon
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 10:18:25 PM by Charon »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2005, 10:23:12 PM »
a goal is now about to turn into a fly for points fighter arcade type game! Totaly devoid of strategy or any last vestiges of realism or team work. Just perfect (not)

Points, what are they? Actually this would dramatically increase the challenge behind the strategy and need for good leadership and teamwork -- by everybody.  Expect to be hounded, have your jabos intercepted in force, work for your A2A kills and your goons shot out of the air if you slip up. And expect it on the next base and the one you attack after that (at least until the wife knocks on the door)  :)

Charon
« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 10:26:03 PM by Charon »

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Re: Great
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2005, 12:22:32 AM »
Originally posted by Skydancer

;)

I really like your enthusiasm, and your avitar is cool too, but I don't quite think you are current with the AH general concensus of the true defination  of the problematic horde. The horde in question has been defined in this, and many other threads, look it up.

I'm sure there isn't many people in here that would have a problem with you organizing 10 or even 20 people, targeting a  base (even an undefended one), attacking in any manner you desire whether high alt or under dar or whatever, and timing your attack so that the troops arrive when needed for capture. But not just bombing, augering, and finding a fresh undefended base to try again at when defenders arrive.

With that said, my horde-buster input would be to have whoever decides to participate in said opperation to be a squad of sorts. Somthing similar to the position of a volunteer fireman, when the alarm sounds, the fighters come runnin. You wouldn't have to leave your current squad naturally, but just agree on what the alarm is and who is in the group.

If we get this kind of thing going, I will sign back up to lend a hand.:aok

Anton