Author Topic: The Forming of Something Great....  (Read 8708 times)

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
The Forming of Something Great....
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 03:20:21 PM »
Woo Hoo count me in!!!!! Its been a long time since I cared about base captures. I go looking for a furball and the bigger the better.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 03:39:12 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
I seriously doubt you could pull enough people away from their own safe horde to actually oppose the enemy horde most of the time (barring some large organized squads). It's not like you don't regularly see two opposing hords attacking lightly defended bases within a sector or two of each outer, carefully avoiding any mutual contact. Then, its a matter of following the opposed hord over the map from undefended base to undefended base once things start to get a little hot. Worth a try though.

Charon

1.  Hordes are not all that safe.  Horde members are flying "heavy" aircraft, that cannot get out of their own way.  Try dogfighting with a couple of thousand pounders under your wings.

2.  I (personally) do not like to be on the defense.  I prefer to attack, and make the OTHER guy defend.  When I do defend, I tend to up from capped fields and get my tail shot off.

3.  I suspect that most horde participants are much like me in that way.  We enjoy playing the base capture game, and therefore spend a lot of time capturing bases.

4.  I see a lot of experten that hang around a few miles away from an enemy base, waiting and hoping for the "baby seals" to fly by on the way to their fun.  If you guys admit it to yourselves, the existence of the strat players--by far the majority IMO--gives you something to do with your time.  If it weren't true, you'd all be off in the DA furballing with each other.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 03:48:31 PM »
I dont mind the strat part of the game. In fact I enjoy blowing things up with heavy thingies. I'll even do an NOE raid on occasions. I dont enjoy watching folks on all sides up using 40 players and attack bases that are undefended trying to avoid each other. I am sure most base attacks start off with a few players but when jojo and bobo see the dar advantage they immediately head to it. Athough I made comments refering to the furball thing it is more of a lets make them earn it post.

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »
2. I (personally) do not like to be on the defense. I prefer to attack, and make the OTHER guy defend. When I do defend, I tend to up from capped fields and get my tail shot off.

Shubert, what happens if the base you're on the offense against suddenly develops some serious resistance? Do you keep attacking that base or move on to an easier target?

Charon

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004, 04:03:14 PM »
Dude, this is all I do every night I fly in the MA, throwing myself at the horde mercilessly and doing everything I can to stop it, whether its all by myself or with a couple other lunatics who want to club every seal there is in the horde of dweebery.  I've been waiting for this for a long time!  

Btw, it would have to be by nature a nomadic squad, switching around to best fight off whichever side is hordmongering and milking the worst.

Think of a better name too   :aok

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2004, 04:05:44 PM »
I dont know what shubie would do but most will give up and move to easier target... When they do we will follow.

Stang its a movement not a squad.
Anyone have any suggestions on a name?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 04:17:44 PM by jamusta »

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2004, 04:17:56 PM »
If shubert is so interested in offense perhaps he could join in. I wouldn't mind flying in a base taking assault if it actually targeted the heart of the enemy numbers :) Just think of the feeling of accomplishment from actually taking a heavily defended base using skill, organization, teamwork and cunning. [edit: I LOVE STRAT GAMES! I WANT GOOD AH STRAT GAMEPLAY! I HAVE MISSED THAT IN THESE GAMES SINCE ABOUT 1997] Of course, the enemy hord would have to be as like minded and well, we know the answer to that one.

Charon
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 04:27:55 PM by Charon »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2004, 04:20:01 PM »
Originally posted by Charon
Shubert, what happens if the base you're on the offense against suddenly develops some serious resistance? Do you keep attacking that base or move on to an easier target?

Charon

I really want this question answered Shubie

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2004, 04:27:12 PM »
My Squaddies and I would like to be included in this as well. I'll look ya up Jamusta. Great IDEA:aok

Whooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo Constant furballs:D
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2004, 04:39:05 PM »
Woooot!   Quah!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 04:43:53 PM by Stang »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2004, 04:41:37 PM »
:aok

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2004, 04:41:37 PM »
I'm In

Names ?

"Knights who say Nyet"     ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2004, 04:41:42 PM »
Not just constant furballs, but a righteous force of dedicated dweebs determined to change the ways of the horde through extreme prejudice and seal clubbing... I love it!   :D

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2004, 04:42:31 PM »
Huh....Stang Sir?  this mean you gonna be Knight a while? I may get a chance to fly with ya and everything?  :eek:

I am so happy:D

All my dreams ARE coming true.....

Theres no place like home theres no place like home theres no place like home :rofl :rofl
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2004, 04:43:54 PM »
I would say that the best approach to start would be to set up a "squad" night. It would also be nice to easily identify like-minded players to wing with, somehow. Hard to do the secret handshake over the monitor, don't know how acceptable it would be to modify squad names, etc.

Charon