Author Topic: P-47 Bug & F6F  (Read 1086 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2005, 05:56:36 PM »
I believe it's all done with magnets.

If your score gets too high, the magnets kick in. You have to nudge your PC with your knee without tilting it to eliminate the blackouts and slap your monitor with your non-stick hand at just the right time to get hits on some planes.

You have to be careful because the magnets also start kicking in after you shoot down 3 planes in one sortie.

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 03:10:16 AM »
Originally posted by Warchief
OK let us see here. Yes a F6F get whip up on a Spit. Yes the F6F out man and so on. BUt how can he do to 2 of them.

It seems to me that the guys in the Spits don't fight their planes as well as the guy in the Hellcat did.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 12:03:11 PM »
Warchief, if you still have a problem thinking 1 pilot can so easily take on 2 or more, go in and have a try at the KoTH on Saturday.  Even just watching some of those guys is instructional.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 05:47:52 AM »
I have the film recorder running on most of my engagements, this way i can look at the film later if i find something weard. Often i got shot down by a second plane that i did not see, had two on my tail instead of one.

On your problem hitting, my girlfriend is flying too so we sit next to each other, sometimes we go into dueling arena or open h2h. I found out that hits on one site are not necessarily hits on the other side, so when a tank fires on another tank in close range with the mg for example, sometimes you would fire on a place nearby instead.

Second, a hit percentage of 60 percent in a dofight is insanely high. I dont beleave that.

Third, when you fly directly behind a buff put in good sideslip, hard to hit.

Fourth when you are blacked out half of the fight you dont see what the other guy does during that time AND loose lots of E. Its hard to outfly 2 spitV but when both are blacked out half of the time that is no better than one.

Fifth cal .50 and smaller mgs have the problem to cause damage only when you get a lot of hits in one place. Verry well possible for a P47 to get sprayed all over and not sustain damage, because the spit fires only 2 cal .50 which results in a good distribution of hits.
One more, i am not sure if every round is a tracer..maybe someone can confirm or deny this but i think on MGs only every 3rd or so is a tracer?
That would mean if you see hits for 60percent of the tracers you see that is only for 20percent of the bullets you fire.

So on your behalf i want to say that some hits on your front end are "fake" hits that would not have happend if there way no network lag because the guy is somewhere else than it appears to you. So your right, sometimes you see hit sprites while there are no hits.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 11:50:17 AM »
I would also like to add, when some of us say we dont believe you on the 60% hits thing, its simply because some of the best sticks in the game only average 10%-15% of their bullets hitting a target.  I hover between 4 and 6%.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 12:11:57 PM »
Warchiefs average hit % in fighters for this tour:  4.431 %

Mine's 18.072%, however, from my point of view it sometimes looks like I'm getting an awesome hit% when attacking big ugly fat f****** from above, you just can't miss dem B24s.  I highly doubt I've ever gotton 60% firing at a fighter from behind though. Ever.  And nor has anyone else, not even Fester.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 12:02:44 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
Not trying to be an stunninghunk, just laying down the facts:

1) We (basically) don't believe what you have said, because our experience tells us that people exaggerate a LOT in these sort of complaints.

2) So, we need a film.

It's tough to get film after the fact. Tonight I saw something equally strange. I dropped a pair of 250 kilo bombs on an M16. One was a direct hit, the other close. Nothing, nada, zippo. He's sitting in the crater shooting at us. Another guy unloads two 1,000 pound bombs that bracket the M16. Now he's sitting in several craters, shooting at us. Then, a third guy in a Panzer hits him with one round and boom.... I turned on the recorder in time to catch the Panzer nail him. It was if he was hiding under trees, but there were no trees. It's bad enough we have kevlar trees, now we have M16s with Chobham armor to boot!

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 01:40:58 PM »
Today I was divebombing in my P47.  I made a pass.  Came up  as I was losing my speed by gaining alt I turned to reaquire my target.  It was strange ; My air speed just started dropping. I was climbing still but it looked like level flight.  All of sudden Bam into the ground at 7000 ft.

Now I was near a mountain. I could have I guess smashed into it. It sure did look like I was flying level. I thought  my horzion  was level. I thiught my climb rate was 0 , but I don't know.  could this be a bug or could it be I should have ignored the ground and flew only instruments?  I have never gotten turned around from up and down in a game before.  I wish I could say for certain what my instrumentds were reading. I am chalking it up to me being stupid. but I thought I would mention it here.  That was engines opinion.... heeh Not that Ia m stupid but that I hit the mountain of course I told him this over VOX he was not there.

Right before all this happened

Iwas Dbing v23 dropped 2 500 lbers in a p47 D and let go 6 rockets at the VH. I got pinged by ack. I checked the Control D no damage. I thought at first when this started that the ack got  my elevator or etc.  I had 2 rockets and all my ammunition  and was flying south.

I give the description so if needed someone could recreate if they are checking on bugs.

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
P-47 Bug & F6F
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 08:44:40 AM »
I fly the P-47 95% of the time.  When you fired on the jug are you sure you had any 20mm left?  I've has spits unload (spray) hundreds of .303 rounds into me when I was low and slow with little or no damage.  

If they are not concentrated bursts, then .303 hitting a jug = spitballs on a battleship.