Author Topic: convergence settings question  (Read 2389 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
convergence settings question
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2001, 07:47:00 AM »
No Tyro, thats a function of trim, if you are level going slow you will notice your sight is actually aiming hi at the target.
As speed increases more down trim is required to maintain level flight.

SKurj

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2001, 10:12:00 AM »
Lephturn

Thanks for advice will try it out

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by Drano:

Damn! Why am I not around when this is happening LOL   :D

yer ol' buddy Drano

Yo, Drano!  I imagine you're flying a Gustav of some sort, yes?  Probably convergence isn't a big consideration there.  This 47  has guns spread everywhere, all through the wings - and I see that in AH you can point some of them this way, some of them that way...the possibilities are astounding.

- Oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman:

Yo, Drano!  I imagine you're flying a Gustav of some sort, yes?  Probably convergence isn't a big consideration there.  This 47  has guns spread everywhere, all through the wings - and I see that in AH you can point some of them this way, some of them that way...the possibilities are astounding.

- Oldman

Actually I thought this game was all about shooting the other planes down with the Gus. You're telling me you can actually fly the other ones? Man! And here I was thinking they were all just targets. ;)

Drano

You didn't really think you'd find me flyin somethin else now didja?
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2001, 09:06:00 AM »
Ive been trying out something new. i have my hellcats 50s all converged at 200. This is my sweat spot, it normaly rips what ever it hits to peices in one short burst.

I decided to change them to closer because it makes better use of the calibar at that range, over 350 and it looses to much muzzle velocity to be relialable enough to kill in one burst. (although it can, but not normaly.) with convergence @ 200 open up on the enemy at no more than 400, anything further and im just "scaring" them with quick burst. And also further than that its like shooting a shotgun, you may ping but your not going to do substantial damage.

I adjusted the convergnce to hit where i get the most shots in, not where i want to get the most hits in.

So im treating the 50's like they are 37mm cannon rounds in a YAK because at that range with convergence, they are effectively egual if not more powerful.

I have proff of this being awesome for me, 2 nights ago in 3 sorties: first sortie in hellcat 9 air to air kills, second 7 air to air kills and 3rd 5 air to air kills.
(this is great for me, dont normaly even get 3 kills let alone 9)  :D

<S> all