Author Topic: trasparent window reflection texture  (Read 774 times)

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
trasparent window reflection texture
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 02:05:40 PM »
dont hijack my thread! i would like to see the glass get some attention, some basic reflection textures seem like the hot ticket to me, if you have any recomendations, this is the place for it. something that isnt distracting, or system taxing, but imersive is what im looking for.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 03:55:22 PM »
I thought you had allready found it at IL2. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Swarmed

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/kazuoson
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 05:18:45 PM »
Jackal, when did I ever say anything about gameplay? I'm talking graphics. Everyone is so afraid of mentioning IL2 for fear of ticking people off for some reason.

Each game is extremely unique in it's own right. I like both for different reasons. Fact of the matter is, IL2 looks pretty darn good compared to IL2.

Adding window reflections will only add to the realism. Nothing wrong with pushing HiTech to improve graphics while keeping the base gameplay of the game.

Pay attention to what your reading before you say things like, "if you like that game better, go play it!" If you can't admit IL2 LOOKS better, then you're in serious denial. Gameplay was never mentioned, like I said before.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 05:55:13 PM »
Originally posted by Swarmed
Jackal, when did I ever say anything about gameplay? I'm talking graphics.  

And so am I. So what`s your point?

Adding window reflections will only add to the realism. Nothing wrong with pushing HiTech to improve graphics while keeping the base gameplay of the game.

I disagree and I don`t think you will "push" HT into anything.

Pay attention to what your reading before you say things like, "if you like that game better, go play it!

Oh I was paying real close attention bud. Were you? I think not.
  Maybe you should not worry about how close of attention I am paying to what I`m reading and pay a little bit more attention to what your typing . I refer you to the little gem below. :D

Fact of the matter is, IL2 looks pretty darn good compared to IL2.

BTW way IL2 compared to IL2 looks pretty darn good. Compare it to anything else and it`s cheesy IMHO.:D

If you can't admit IL2 LOOKS better, then you're in serious denial. Gameplay was never mentioned, like I said before.

It LOOKS like a flashy , tinzeled POS. I refer you to my analogy above if you can get it through your head that I`m talking about the way it looks instead of something you conjured up.
  Your right , gameplay was never mentioned...by me, but you seem hung up on refering to it.
  Anytime you come into the BBS and post ideas such as this you are going to get peeps who like your ideas and peeps who don`t. If it ruffles your feathers that I happen to disagree with you on this subject and am posting as such, then I think you are in for a long bitter haul here on the boards.
  If you can`t handle someone disagreeing with you here, then next time e-mail it direct to HT, but I wouldn`t use the "push terminology if I were you . Of course that`s just me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 05:57:29 PM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Duchess

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duchessac/My_Pics_Page.html
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 06:06:16 PM »
Framerate

More junk in the way

Bring back the night!

Offline Swarmed

• Copper Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/kazuoson
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 06:06:37 PM »
No feathers ruffled here.

If you think the fire, ground textures, water, and most other graphics are better in AH2, get your eyes checked. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, I just happen to seriously disagree with ya.

Also, the "push" term wasn't an aggressive term meaning anything other than something for HiTech to strive for. Some of the best ideas given to game producers come from the fanbase/players. What's wrong with posting up or emailing things you'd like to see in this game? Don't you "push" yourself to be better?

You seem to take my post as a personal attack on AH2 for some reason. I don't understand your reaction to either my posts.

Edit:

Bring back the night! AMEN BROTHA!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 06:18:17 PM »
Originally posted by Swarmed
I don't understand your reaction to either my posts.

Well now that`s pretty obvious. I`m proud to see ya admit it.
  Until you started out on the jumping to a conclusion about what I was actualy saying instead of putting words in my mouth......errrrrrrr fingers, I was simply stating that I think the idea blows chunks the size of watermelons. Does that clear it up for you?
  You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to disagree with you. Mmmmmkay? :D

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 06:30:12 PM »
Several planes in Pacific Fighters have this reflection thing and personally I can't stand it.  AH is already hard enough on the eyes without adding something else to obstruct our view.

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 07:27:26 PM »
can someone post a screen shot of the reflection in IL2?
im curious :)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »
Originally posted by Scrap
Makes no sense to me.  A reflection would have to be caused by an intense light source inside the cockpit.  The reason you see it in the photos is because of flash photography.  

Think of it this way.  When was the last time you saw a well defined reflection in the windshield of you car?

I think it would be nice if we could have something to define the presence of glass ( For me it's usually the blood and oil ), but nothing THAT profound.

Agree 100%. Well said.. and thanks for saving me having to read the rest of the thread. :D

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 10:25:51 PM »
i never wanted something "that profound" :rolleyes:

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 06:10:02 AM »
If you want reflections in the cockpit you might talk HT into putting in a sun visor out of a `57 Buick in with a lighted mirror on the back.
  It could double as a makeup mirror for Duchess.  ............................. .............
............................. .............................
On second thought, Duchess doesn`t need any makeup. Nevermind. :D

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 12:00:54 PM »
we already have reflections on the dashboard and guages, doesnt seem to far fetched to consider puting them on the windows, but its probably a long ways off so we might as well just sit it out.

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2005, 01:08:13 PM »
Ok here's a couple screen captures I took from IL2 this morning.  
First is an F6F. note the horribly dirty canopy.

Next an F4F. again the same green texture, especially on the left hand side.

and finally a P51.  3 o'clock view.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2005, 03:36:47 PM »
cool some weathering!