Author Topic: Make Iran Make the 1st Move  (Read 4087 times)

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2005, 11:28:49 PM »
Main reason I think we can take iran is because it doesnt have to be a war of occupation. We would simply bomb them until we were satisfied they were no longer a threat. Question is how that gonna get sold to us? Like the title of the thread, if Iran takes the first shot, most of America is not gonna have much of a problem with giving them a Knockout punch.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 11:30:46 PM »
I have no solution. I'm waiting on your book to tell me how it went.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 11:35:46 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Main reason I think we can take iran is because it doesnt have to be a war of occupation. We would simply bomb them until we were satisfied they were no longer a threat. Question is how that gonna get sold to us? Like the title of the thread, if Iran takes the first shot, most of America is not gonna have much of a problem with giving them a Knockout punch.

When we take out Iran, not if, the reason given will not be to say that we are simply responding to Iran shooting down a plane.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 11:39:27 PM »
Originally posted by Scherf
I have no solution. I'm waiting on your book to tell me how it went.

well, do at least have any ideas you can share? I have ideas that I'm not afraid to share.

Or would you rather sit on your hands and hope it will somehow all turn out alright?

My book is not a fortune telling novel, it's about the verifiable and  historical facts which lead to the second gulf war.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Re: Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2005, 11:54:03 PM »
Originally posted by Raider179
Well here is one way bush can get us into a war with Iran. Make them shoot first. Then he can use that to justify whatever he is gonna liberate next...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2005/050126-iran-game.htm

Who know the authenticity but given what our military does regarding testing of radar capability this is nothing beyond the scope of possibility. Get a couple Iranian missile sites to launch at U.S. aircraft and all of a sudden you've got reasons to escalate and escalate and then bingo liberation time. Only time will tell...

Assuming you could sell the deception of course, but if you control the information it makes it a tad easier...just inbed some fox news reporters and bingo "instant credibility"...well at least with your core voting block.

However most of the time these things are seen through for what they are,  mind you after the dust has settled of course. And considering the wonderful world we live in where govt.s can all just explain it away and exclaim "well it's too late now", or my favourite "the ends justify the means" to explain it's dubious actions.

Originally posted by Elfie
That's exactly it Nuke, the US is at WAR, some people just cant understand that. You're also correct that we are not playing games anymore. We have a big stick, and we are swinging it.....no idea how it's all gonna turn out though.

Must be good to be at war with no-one and everyone

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2005, 11:56:16 PM »
Tronsky, I feel I have a realistic view of the situation.

I feel that nobody wants Iran to aquire nuclear weapons, yet no one is going to do anything to stop them......other than the US or maybe Israel.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Tronsky, I feel I have a realistic view of the situation.

I feel that nobody wants Iran to aquire nuclear weapons, yet no one is going to do anything to stop them......other than the US or maybe Israel.

Perhaps, but I can't see Blair, or us being involved in any widening of the conflict to include Iran especially involving another WMD issue...

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2005, 12:12:14 AM »
Make sure to write another one after WWIII's done. That'll help me keep track of what happened.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2005, 12:23:19 AM »
Originally posted by Scherf
Make sure to write another one after WWIII's done. That'll help me keep track of what happened.

What sources would you rely on to tell you what happened?

Now If I write a book, it's going to be full of verifiable facts and logical expressions as they pertain to the actual facts.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2005, 01:02:33 AM »
Naw, war with Iran, NK, would just be too costly in both dollars and people. The best defense against an organized attack is the very threat of wiping them out.
I'd say Iran is more interested in gaining nuke status as that would make our invasion of their country less likely. What if Iran got a few nukes? They'd dare not use them. They might be able to put major hurt on one of our cities, but that would open the door of our turning all of Iran into glass.
No, the time of sabre rattling is over. The time for opening diplomatic relations and dialogue is long over due.
The risks are too great.
LOL, some of you crack me up. Here we are, the most powerful nation in the history of the earth, and you're afraid of Iran? NK? Saddam's Iraq? Libya? Cuba?
My goodness, how did you ever sleep at night when the Soviet Union was at its peak?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2005, 01:10:09 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
LOL, some of you crack me up. Here we are, the most powerful nation in the history of the earth, and you're afraid of Iran? NK? Saddam's Iraq? Libya? Cuba?
My goodness, how did you ever sleep at night when the Soviet Union was at its peak?

Why do you say "you're" when referencing your own country.

The Logic is simple. We are not "afraid" of Iran. Iran is a threat that we cannot allow to develope. We have the power to prevent them from getting nukes, and we will use it.

It's pretty simple.

They do not compair to the USSR by the way.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2005, 01:17:08 AM »
define THREAT to you Nuke...

remember them 15 people who were from Saudi Arabia and decided to ram a plane into a building...

Saudi A. is a threat...not Iran

yet you decided to invade Iraq...

talk about confusion
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 01:19:23 AM by SLO »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2005, 01:22:40 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
define THREAT to you Nuke...

remember them 15 people who were from Saudi Arabia and decided to ram a plane into a building...

Saudi A. is a threat...not Iran

Okay SA is a threat? What threat are they? They gonna officially sponser 15 more people to try and hijack airliners? No, the are not a threat as a nation.

Slow, what do you feel about Iran getting nuclear weapons? Do you think it's okay for Iran to have them?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2005, 01:24:15 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Why do you say "you're" when referencing your own country.

The Logic is simple. We are not "afraid" of Iran. Iran is a threat that we cannot allow to develope. We have the power to prevent them from getting nukes, and we will use it.

It's pretty simple.

They do not compair to the USSR by the way.

I say "you're" because I don't fear them, with or without nukes.
I never feared China either and they were/are a much bigger threat than Iran, NK, etc ever will be. Used to be the Chinese regarded the US as evil imperialists. Since our opening and improving our dilomatic/business relations, we get along rather well.
"You're", I'm referring to those here that discuss so easily and freely of wiping out sovereign nations that really don't seriously threaten us.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2005, 01:26:57 AM »
Saudi Arabia is not pursuing nuclear technology and the government of Saudi Arabia did not endorse the attack on 9/11.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns