Author Topic: Make Iran Make the 1st Move  (Read 4143 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2005, 04:28:20 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
What do you know about what I want the USA to do about those mullahs in Iran?

well you sure weren't talking about sharing a beer with em

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2005, 04:31:53 AM »
Highly unlikely since muslims arent supposed drink alcohol. But do tell, what am I saying in these posts about US polcy towards Iran?

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2005, 04:54:52 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Now If I write a book, it's going to be full of verifiable facts and logical expressions as they pertain to the actual facts.

That's why I'm looking forward to it so much.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2005, 04:55:55 AM »
Highly unlikely since muslims arent supposed drink alcohol. But do tell, what am I saying in these posts about US polcy towards Iran?

I know about the alcohol...

well since alcohol won't work then maybe splitting a joint with em would:D

you're an open book when it comes to HOW America should DEAL with other countries...

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2005, 05:23:18 AM »
You're being dumb.

You want to keep this discussion between you and me civil, or do you want to go down the childish road of insults?

Iran trying to get nukes is the main reason we would attack them. If Iran didn't have it's nuke program, we would never consider attacking them. Are you sane? When did the US ever threaten Iran before?

The reason Iran will be attacked is BECAUSE they are deleloping nuclear weapons.

And NK getting Nukes is a direct result of Clinton trusting NK and allowing Carter to make a deal with them...trusting them.

Bush has had this hard on for Iran even before we knew of its nuke program. Remember Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech? An argument can be made that the Iranian leadership seeing what happened to Iraq (with our made up WMD charges) and subsequent invasion. If anything, we are forcing Iran's hand to develop nukes. You think NK is going to give up its nukes? No way.
Bush's recent speeches are not sitting well with Iran right now. Absolutely nothing to make them feel safe if they didn't have nukes.
BTW, Iraq will end up falling out of our set-up "democracy" and move into a theocratic "democracy" similar to Iran's. I give it one year after our full withdraw out of Iraq (provided another third party doesn't get involved such as the UN). It will be bloody. Oh yeah, most of the Iraqis hate us.
Try not to get into a "America hating" argument as my prediction is just that, not a wanting on my behalf. Too many innocent American, Allied, and Iraqis have died from this invasion/occupation that just wasn't necessary. A similar invasion and occupation of Iran will be far more costly.  
I'd rather see better Iran/US diplomatic relations. Things don't have to be so black and white.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2005, 06:25:07 AM »
some people here talk about WWIII as it is something they can
finish it weekends and then live on the next monday like usual.
How far from the reality can you go!?
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2005, 06:37:34 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Bush has had this hard on for Iran even before we knew of its nuke program.  Remember Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech? An argument can be made that the Iranian leadership seeing what happened to Iraq (with our made up WMD charges) and subsequent invasion. If anything, we are forcing Iran's hand to develop nukes.

In the late 1980s, a consortium of companies from Argentina, Germany and Spain submitted a proposal to Iran to complete the Bushehr-1 reactor, but huge pressure by the US stopped the deal. The US pressure also stopped in 1990 Spain's National Institute of Industry and Nuclear Equipment to complete the Bushehr project. Iran also tried, unsuccessfully, to procure components for the Bushehr reactors, but her attempts were blunted by the US. For example, in 1993, Iran tried to acquire eight steam condensers, built by the Italian firm Ansaldo under the Kraftwerk Union contract, but they were seized by the Italian government. The Czech firm Skoda Plzen also discussed supplying reactor components to Iran, but, under the US pressure, negotiations were cancelled in 1994. Iran was also not successful in her attempt to buy nuclear power reactor components from an unfinished reactor of Polland.  We have known about Iran's nuclear ambitions for a few decades.

BTW, Iraq will end up falling out of our set-up "democracy" and move into a theocratic "democracy" similar to Iran's.
[/b]

According to polls, 39% prefer western style parlimentary democracy, 29% prefer a 'shura' Islamic system, 10% prefer an Iranian style theocracy.  the remaining is divided among SA style kingdom, a contitutional monarcy, a pakistani sytle islamic democracy, and a few others.

Oh yeah, most of the Iraqis hate us.
[/b]

Forty percent of Arabs say it was right for the United States to invade; that soars to 87 percent of Kurds.  75% say that they would feel a lack of security were the American forces to decide to leave the country.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2005, 06:55:51 AM »
Attacking Iran next are we?

You will only be happy when we'll all glow in the dark, is that it?
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2005, 08:00:24 AM »
Originally posted by Gh0stFT
some people here talk about WWIII as it is something they can
finish it weekends and then live on the next monday like usual.
How far from the reality can you go!?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2005, 08:56:59 AM »
subaru... I am not afraid of little pissant countries with nukes.. What is the worst they can do?   lower the population of some blue counties in the U.S. before the next election?

As for lada.... I think that his "hairly women who smell like camels all covered in black blankets" fetish is getting the best of him.  

lazs

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2005, 09:44:55 AM »
Preamble:  Lada is ignored, so I got this from Rude's post.

"Its more that clear, that US doesnt have money or power to attack Iran, coz its not 3rd world country. "

Lada, you're a tool.  A dull, and dumb one at that.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2005, 09:54:49 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
You want to keep this discussion between you and me civil, or do you want to go down the childish road of insults?

Bush has had this hard on for Iran even before we knew of its nuke program. Remember Bush's "Axis of Evil" speech? An argument can be made that the Iranian leadership seeing what happened to Iraq (with our made up WMD charges) and subsequent invasion. If anything, we are forcing Iran's hand to develop nukes. You think NK is going to give up its nukes? No way.
Bush's recent speeches are not sitting well with Iran right now. Absolutely nothing to make them feel safe if they didn't have nukes.
BTW, Iraq will end up falling out of our set-up "democracy" and move into a theocratic "democracy" similar to Iran's. I give it one year after our full withdraw out of Iraq (provided another third party doesn't get involved such as the UN). It will be bloody. Oh yeah, most of the Iraqis hate us.
Try not to get into a "America hating" argument as my prediction is just that, not a wanting on my behalf. Too many innocent American, Allied, and Iraqis have died from this invasion/occupation that just wasn't necessary. A similar invasion and occupation of Iran will be far more costly.  
I'd rather see better Iran/US diplomatic relations. Things don't have to be so black and white.

Why blame Bush?

I remember Iran allowing Iraq fighters to be brought into Iran, back in Operation Desert Storm.  

Black and White?  

All I get out of this current endeavor in Iraq is an "often overlooked" realization that the countries pissed off at the US for invading, were the one's PROFITING from Saddam being in POWER.  

Sure, take the p**sy way out and bash Bush.    Don't bash the UN system that allowed this "profiteering" in the first place.   Don't blame the UN for sending weapons inspectors that couldn't find their Mont Blanc pens.   Some of these countries lost some "free money" to cash in on, now that gravytrain isn't around.  

Some of you are so f**king typecast it is pathetic.

Btw, SaburoS, you disgrace Pat Tillman.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2005, 10:58:27 AM »
We know how Iran must be treated, and I hope America does it right.

Im probably to simple to know it.

Would you be so kind and explain me, how shall be Iran treated ?

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2005, 10:59:25 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
I really have to wonder which country is bigger threat to world peace: Iran or USA ?
Looks like whole nation should take Prozacs and Valiums and sit down for a while...

LOL :rofl

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2005, 11:02:41 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum

were the one's PROFITING from Saddam being in POWER.  

Do you mean Iran ?
If you realy think, that Iran were profitin from SH goverment, could you explain us how and post some links please.

And be so kind and exclude those 8 years of profit, when Iraq had war with Iran and US supplied weapons to both countries... and  acidentaly shot down Iranian civil airliner.