Author Topic: Make Iran Make the 1st Move  (Read 4145 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Make Iran Make the 1st Move
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2005, 11:46:01 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
it's not for YOU to determine WHO gets WHAT...

You do not control the WORLD, even though you THINK you should...

Deflate that oversized ego of yours would you...

damn I hate control freaks

You should just get over it.

Like I've said before...we'll do what we feel is necessary to protect our interest and the likes of you will benefit from our sacrifice for free...nothing new.

You've become such a whiney little fella...what happened to you anyway?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2005, 11:53:29 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
I know about the alcohol...

well since alcohol won't work then maybe splitting a joint with em would:D

you're an open book when it comes to HOW America should DEAL with other countries...

What exactly do you think the Iran chaper says?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2005, 11:59:03 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Idiot. If the Germans and Japanese had A-bombs in early 1945 your European expeditionary army would disappear (along with France), your European air forces would disappear (along with Britain), your Pacific fleet would disappear (along with a few Kamikazes and a few tiny islands). After that it would be just a matter of building a few JU388's and America herself would be in danger.

and of course, Iran could not possibly concieve of a way to deliver a nuclear device on an American target.

Remember....as much as it might annoy you and others on this board...Isreal is enough reason to keep nukes out of the hands of middle eastern extremists.

Which would you prefer? Smaller preventative ops into Iran or Syria.....or would you prefer the US response to a nuclear blast on US soil? I assure you, the price of the latter scenario would be much greater.....your call.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2005, 12:03:18 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Maybe not directly by the military, but there is this ...

1953 ... CIA and British Intellegence sponsored coup installs the Shah.

Yeah .. so US supported dictator instead of renew Republic of Iran, whitch existed before.

And installed Shah did everything what US wanted him to do, he were in fact dictator, coz he never listen to his people. So US spoiled Iran with a big smile so long, that people had to make another revolution, coz level of curruption installed by US were terrible.

Poor US ... only 2 of 4 proUS doctatorship regimes left in ME (SA, Pakistan)

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »
Originally posted by Rude

Remember....as much as it might annoy you and others on this board...Isreal is enough reason to keep nukes out of the hands of middle eastern extremists.

huh ... and how are middle eastern extremists related to Iran ?

( please do not post all those cool Iranian-terrorist connections from US TV serials. )

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2005, 12:30:54 PM »
Originally posted by lada
huh ... and how are middle eastern extremists related to Iran ?

( please do not post all those cool Iranian-terrorist connections from US TV serials. )

Ya know, as much as some on this board, who btw have never met me nor do they know me, would like to label me some right wing nut, I wish so badly that the folks, just the normal guys and gals would get to know the truth about each other.

I know for a fact, that Iranian, Iraqi and Syrian folks just want to live a life where they can love, protect and provide for those they care for...where folks can just live in peace....no different than their US counterparts.

Problem is, whether you choose to believe it or not, a few people in power along with those they can pursuade to follow them, have a design for not only the disruption of US policies, but the control of their own people by force....they operate by hatred and are fueled by religious doctrine that they have twisted and perverted to serve their desired end.

It's a good world full of beautiful creations and people...problem is, evil is tangible and not theoretical....history spells out the game...the players simple change over time.

To answer your question, there are those in the Iranian government who have had designs on first, control of the middle east, secondly, supporting terror networks in multiple countries for the purpose of destabilizing western policy in the middle east. It's simple a fact.

It's the folks that are innocent and the folks that will pay for all of it in the end.

This American hopes that someday it will get better for all of us, especially the folks in the middle east....my kids have a squabble with a friend in school and they define it as a bad day....every day in the middle east and many other places in this world, life deals out REAL problems that bring REAL pain and suffering.

I've said enough.....later

Offline Skydancer

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2005, 12:43:58 PM »
Before you take the speck from your neighbours eye take the plank from your own.

How in the hell can any country with enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the planet, tell others they shouldn't have them. HYPOCRITES.

But hey, yeeeha lets have another war boys! Then we can send more American and British men and women to be killed and shoot the hell out of foreigners. Oh and it'll help the military industrial complex make a few more millions as well.

Just plain bloody stupid!

:rolleyes:

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2005, 01:48:34 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Ya know, as much as some on this board, who btw have never met me nor do they know me, would like to label me some right wing nut, I wish so badly that the folks, just the normal guys and gals would get to know the truth about each other.

I know for a fact, that Iranian, Iraqi and Syrian folks just want to live a life where they can love, protect and provide for those they care for...where folks can just live in peace....no different than their US counterparts.

Problem is, whether you choose to believe it or not, a few people in power along with those they can pursuade to follow them, have a design for not only the disruption of US policies, but the control of their own people by force....they operate by hatred and are fueled by religious doctrine that they have twisted and perverted to serve their desired end.

It's a good world full of beautiful creations and people...problem is, evil is tangible and not theoretical....history spells out the game...the players simple change over time.

To answer your question, there are those in the Iranian government who have had designs on first, control of the middle east, secondly, supporting terror networks in multiple countries for the purpose of destabilizing western policy in the middle east. It's simple a fact.

It's the folks that are innocent and the folks that will pay for all of it in the end.

This American hopes that someday it will get better for all of us, especially the folks in the middle east....my kids have a squabble with a friend in school and they define it as a bad day....every day in the middle east and many other places in this world, life deals out REAL problems that bring REAL pain and suffering.

I've said enough.....later

Rude, well written but I have to ask.  If you could remove yourself, just for one minute, from the patriotism you feel for america; could you then transpose America for Iran and vice versa in your text and it still hold true?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Why blame Bush?

I remember Iran allowing Iraq fighters to be brought into Iran, back in Operation Desert Storm.  

Black and White?  

All I get out of this current endeavor in Iraq is an "often overlooked" realization that the countries pissed off at the US for invading, were the one's PROFITING from Saddam being in POWER.  

Sure, take the p**sy way out and bash Bush.    Don't bash the UN system that allowed this "profiteering" in the first place.   Don't blame the UN for sending weapons inspectors that couldn't find their Mont Blanc pens.   Some of these countries lost some "free money" to cash in on, now that gravytrain isn't around.  

Some of you are so f**king typecast it is pathetic.

Btw, SaburoS, you disgrace Pat Tillman.  

Karaya

LOL, it was a response to Nuke's blaming it squarely on Clinton and Carter. As far as typecasting, where is your criticism of Reagan and HWB as far as dealings with Iraq? Yet you want to blame this one on the UN and "some of these countries".
Look in the mirror when you talk about pathetic typecasting.

No, it is the warmongering "wipe them out because they could be a threat" crowd that are a disgrace to Pat Tillman's memory. He's dead because of some misguided administration officials that put these wars in motion. He'd be alive today as well as many of the casualties in those wars.

Disgrace? Look again in the mirror.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2005, 02:04:46 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS

No, it is the warmongering "wipe them out because they could be a threat" crowd that are a disgrace to Pat Tillman's memory. He's dead because of some misguided administration officials that put these wars in motion. He'd be alive today as well as many of the casualties in those wars.

Disgrace? Look again in the mirror.

IIRC Tillman died in Afghanistan. Are you saying that the Afghanistan war after 911 was a misguided policy choice?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2005, 02:10:38 PM »
In the late 1980s, a consortium of companies from Argentina, Germany and Spain submitted a proposal to Iran to complete the Bushehr-1 reactor, but huge pressure by the US stopped the deal. The US pressure also stopped in 1990 Spain's National Institute of Industry and Nuclear Equipment to complete the Bushehr project. Iran also tried, unsuccessfully, to procure components for the Bushehr reactors, but her attempts were blunted by the US. For example, in 1993, Iran tried to acquire eight steam condensers, built by the Italian firm Ansaldo under the Kraftwerk Union contract, but they were seized by the Italian government. The Czech firm Skoda Plzen also discussed supplying reactor components to Iran, but, under the US pressure, negotiations were cancelled in 1994. Iran was also not successful in her attempt to buy nuclear power reactor components from an unfinished reactor of Polland.  We have known about Iran's nuclear ambitions for a few decades.

Thanks for that info.

According to polls, 39% prefer western style parlimentary democracy, 29% prefer a 'shura' Islamic system, 10% prefer an Iranian style theocracy.  the remaining is divided among SA style kingdom, a contitutional monarcy, a pakistani sytle islamic democracy, and a few others.

Forty percent of Arabs say it was right for the United States to invade; that soars to 87 percent of Kurds.  75% say that they would feel a lack of security were the American forces to decide to leave the country.

Well then, time will tell. Funny thing about polls, they aren't your best indicator unless taken with near 100% participation and without undue influence.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2005, 02:10:53 PM »
How in the hell can any country with enough nuclear weapons to wipe out the planet, tell others they shouldn't have them. HYPOCRITES.

It's called the Non-Nuclear Proliferation Treaty, I believe your country signed it as well.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2005, 02:18:03 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
IIRC Tillman died in Afghanistan. Are you saying that the Afghanistan war after 911 was a misguided policy choice?

Yes.

Al Quaida just isn't that big or powerful. Change nothing from 9/11 and a 9/11 attack won't happen again. Passengers just won't allow it.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2005, 02:20:02 PM »
LOL, it was a response to Nuke's blaming it squarely on Clinton and Carter.

Clinton and Carter were both directly invovled in a deal with North Korea where NK would drop her nuclear weapons program and the US was suppossed to help build a nuclear power plant to help with NK's lack of enough electrical power. Clinton and Carter didnt uphold their end of the deal, now NK has nukes. Thats paraphrasing the events.

As far as the US making up stories about WMD in Iraq, how blind are you Saburo? Most of the world's intelligence agencies thought he had them, not just the US. There are chemical munitions that have never been accounted for. They existed, and were verified as having existed, but not all have been accounted for yet. They are still out there somewhere. IF they fall into the hands of terrorists and are used in a terrorist attack.....I bet you blame the US for not finding them.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Yes.

Al Quaida just isn't that big or powerful. Change nothing from 9/11 and a 9/11 attack won't happen again. Passengers just won't allow it.

You got that right Saburos...I have to fly allot for business and had just got back from the east coast when 9-11 happened.
The tag on my pick-up is "LETSROL"