Author Topic: "Host Connection Lost" message upon trying to enter MA  (Read 248 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
"Host Connection Lost" message upon trying to enter MA
« on: February 01, 2005, 09:16:49 PM »
Inadvertently shut AH down midflight, now, whenever I try to get back in to the MA, I get the "Host Connection Lost" whenever I try to get into the MA. Any ideas? Really frustrating as our squad night just started, and I can't even get in. :(
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline prhim

• Zinc Member
Same thing here
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 12:57:29 PM »
I get this problem too.  It's ok if I reboot the whole machine, but I can't exit AH then reload it in the same Windows session.

I've also, at the same time, lost my horizontal range bars in the tanks and when taking off from a carrier, the clouds look really strange (like they go right down to the deck).

Any help much appreciated.

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
"Host Connection Lost" message upon trying to enter MA
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
Howdy Gents.   This is for both of you.   I had major problems with AH and my ancient system.   I called Skuzzy and he gave me alot of valuable tips.

Turn off Anti virus
Turn off or disable all background programs.

Skuzzy said at most you should have 20 or less processes running If I remember correctly.   I use Win XP Home and I call up Task Manager by holding down ALT CTRL Delete.  I then go thru and shut down any processes that I don't need to run my computer.   Every system has different processes so it may take some trial and error to see what processes you may need or not.

Go to http://www.answersthatwork.com          click the task list tab and the processes are numbered and listed alphabeticaly.   See what matches on the site to your system and see what can or can't be shut down.

Best of luck