Author Topic: A/C data  (Read 596 times)

Offline RGJ

• Zinc Member
A/C data
« on: October 31, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
Its more or likely been asked but is there or has anyone got any data on A/C performance, corner speed, turn rate, etc, in AH?

If so where?

RGJ

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
A/C data
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by RGJ:
Its more or likely been asked but is there or has anyone got any data on A/C performance, corner speed, turn rate, etc, in AH?

If so where?

RGJ

Hi RGJ

I've almost completed an article for AH in which I'll present Energy Maneuverability diagrams that cover all of the things you mention, and more. This first article covers the F4U1C, 109G10, Fw190A5, P51D and both Spits. I picked those because after my very short time here, they seemed to be popular.

Next on the list are the Yak, La5, NIKI and one or two others I haven't decide on yet  

When it's done, I'll point you to it.

Badboy

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline RGJ

• Zinc Member
A/C data
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2000, 03:05:00 AM »
Hiya Badboy,

Longtime, did not know you had migrated over to AH glad to see you here. Can not wait to see the info as I have seen your work before, very good  . Every little bit of information on these A/C help to get the best out of them online.

Btw what CPID do you fly under now, as if you want to go H2H etc?

You also still on your old email address?

RGJ

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
A/C data
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2000, 06:15:00 AM »
Also there are climbrate vs altitude charts, and speed vs altitude charts, for all aircraft in the help section of the HTC website.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline Immel

• Zinc Member
A/C data
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2000, 06:04:00 AM »

Damn !! With alla them old AW types around
'ere, it's startin to feel like 'ome.

(Hi Westy,RGJ,Badz,Verm et all)

Immel

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
A/C data
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
That would rock Badboy!

Could I prevail upon you to make the P-47-D30 one of the other planes you study?  Puhlease?    That and the Zeke might be interesting.

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
Just thinking 'bout my baby and lettin' her rip, always got me through so far."
 - Steve Earl

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
A/C data
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2000, 05:02:00 PM »

Originally posted by Lephturn:
That would rock Badboy!

Could I prevail upon you to make the P-47-D30 one of the other planes you study?  Puhlease?    That and the Zeke might be interesting.

Ok, consider them added. You need it intime for a scenario, or just general interest?

Badz

The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Beurling

A/C data
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2000, 11:12:00 PM »
I would like to know you cpid too.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
A/C data
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2000, 09:33:00 AM »
IMMEL!!

Very, very nice to "see" you!

It's not nntp like the old BigWeek was, which is a major drawback, but this UBB board does ok - unless you're on a 56k dial up connection  

If I can help in any way, holler out  

-Westy

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
A/C data
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2000, 11:08:00 AM »
Naw, just general interest Badboy.  I am a Jug Driver, so I'd like to see that one.  The flight model for the Jug seems to have changed quite a bit for the worse in this new version.  It would be good to have data on it so we could see how accurate it is.

Also, I hear players talking about how they don't think the Zeke turns as well as it should, etc., so some real info on that would be great.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer

"My P-47 is a pretty good ship, she took a round coming 'cross the Channel last trip.
 - Steve Earl

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
A/C data
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2000, 11:27:00 AM »
 ?? Hmmm.  When the throttle is used during tight turns or loops the Zeke is fantastically maneuverable. For those who keep the throttle at 100% for the duration of the fight they just may not find it turns as well as they believe it should.

Anyway,  I am anxiously awaiting Badboys paper!  I too would like to see the P-47 examined at some point. I have this feeling that the turning ability between the two versions of the P-47 are different. It might be my imagination (would not be the first time) but the -D25 version seems to turn much better at a lower alt. If I'm coming in high 20-25k to a base to interecept or fight I like the D30 version. 20k or lower and the D25 is my ride of choice.  My K|D ratio using both P-47 models is a combined 46:29. (34:21 for -30, 12:8 for -25) Not as good as I'd hoped for this tour. I need to fly more    

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 11-20-2000).]

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
A/C data
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2000, 01:47:00 PM »
Very interesting Westy...

I'll have to give the -25 a go and see if it feels any better down low TnB.  It it does, great!  I usually stall-fight the thing anyway. <G>  (As you would expect... I tend to die most of the time... but I have fun!)

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer

- Steve Earl