Author Topic: The money order....  (Read 590 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
The money order....
« on: February 06, 2000, 10:53:00 AM »
...is still sitting on the table.

Why? Because this is shaping up as a totally unrealistic experience and it appears it is going to remain so.

For 30 dollars a month in the open arena we have, so far, unreaistic matches of aircraft and ridiculous respawning and Billboards attached to all planes.  

I am relatively new to online flying, about a year, but was expecting a more realistic, even in the open arena, experience than this.

This is a shoot 'em up right now.
I am sure it will evolve but, given the attitude of many here, may remain what it is.

It will get as real as the paying customers want it I guess.

For that reason only I will be a paying customer for a month, to reserve my right to squeak and pay back a bit for the fun so far.

Please do not get in here with your "If you don't like it, piss off." attitudes.

I am stating my views in the hope that HTC is actually interested in input as to how people who are, or will, be paying customers view Aces High.

It will go out tommorrow HTC and I hope it will not be the last one.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
The money order....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
It is shaping up to be a good sim in the discrete parts, ie the Flight modeling, the artwork,etc, but it is a game not a simulation in the air combat component.

Hopefully this will change, but I think that it will remain an open, fantasy game, not a WWII aircombat simulater.

Hope I'm wrong, but till it changes my dollars have to stay at Warbirds.  Gotta go fly a scenario light now, 100+ pilots with a plan and historically based matchups.

Offline indian

• Copper Member
The money order....
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2000, 03:24:00 PM »
Right now the arena is all out dogfighting and base stilling that is what most people are after. There was mention of a Historical arena that you should only get one life in, if not then it is not historical. You cant have real life type flying with unlimited lives. this is a game and only a game.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  Cherokee Indian
My Homepage
Where you can find the Key Commands in  files for Word6 Wordpad and text mode.

indians Homepage

Aces High Word6 and Wordpad Doc's available on my web site.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
The money order....
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2000, 06:24:00 PM »
I didn't say historical or realistic.  I said "Historically Based Matchups".