Author Topic: Wife Ack...  (Read 1909 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Wife Ack...
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:22:20 PM »
So, SIM, the CO of my squad the Ghosts, thought that a night of having our wives fly would be fun.  (He's recently married, isn't he cute)

That got me thinking, that it would be Very entertaining for our respective "others" to see what we do for our hobby.

Does anyone in here think a Wife Ack Night of standing behind our others, while trying to show them how to fly and talk to the other "others" would be somewhat entertaining?

Personally, I think I want to take this beyond our Squads Mini (skirt) event and launch it Arena Wide.

Any thoughts on this?
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »
No, no thoughts.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 09:32:45 PM »
It is a novel idea, but one that my wife and I won't be partaking in.  There are several things in this world that I would detest doing and one of them is going through the agony of trying to teach my wife to play this game.  Why don't we go outside, I'll give you 50 bucks, you kick me in the balls and we call it square instead?  :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:14:22 PM »
That would be about as much fun as accompanying the wife to her favorite fabric shoppe.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Wife Ack...
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 10:19:13 PM »
If she liked this game she would be the only only flying anyway.  I someone developes an AH Memory eraser bomb, I know who your first customer would be.

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 10:47:28 PM »
Ohh this going to get me trouble here........many appologies.............

Grow a set, women don't want to do what we do,because it looks fun.

They only would do it so WE don't have fun.

My wife wants no part of this game she watches and thinks its cool but knows this is my space, like I know her karate his her space.(and before the comments, she ain't got a chance in hell)
and she knows I don't want her near this game(no matter how much it may improve my name)so she respects that. This is one of the Last bastions on earth that is VIRTUALLY all male, a mens club of sorts. We drink fly curse and kill, everthing the human male could want. female free almost. To me this is like goin to the bar after work, but without the threat of a DUI or putting someone  else in harms way.

With that out of the way now  damage control, this is no meant to disrespect the true Female gamers of AH, I know you belong
because you found and enjoy the game on your own.

Hit the delete key and live a normal life

or

hit the enter key and run and duck.

well if your reading this............
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline BBQ_Bob

• Silver Member
      • http://uknightedstates.net
Wife Ack...
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 10:53:20 PM »
That would be like when Superman brought Lois Lane to his fortress of solitude, after that his world went to hell in a hand basket.
UKNIGHTED Propaganda Minister
"There are no Hells Angels in the MA, never"

"they are nowhere near the airport ..they are lost in the desert...they can not read a compass...they are retarded."

For a good time ~~ www.uknightedstates.net

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 11:09:05 PM »
Woooo I missed ARENA wide That is HERESY man.........

like bring lois lane and all her girlfriends to the Fortress of Solitude for a tupperware party.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:44:22 AM »
No way do I want my wife to play this game.    Its mine.

I escape from her to play this game.
I carve cork decoys.
I hunt.
I fish.

Its a social mens club where women need not apply.   I realize there are a few women who do play the game.   For the most part I only find them on GV's,bombers,ship gunners,or field gunners.     I can handle that.     Dueling with men is part of history.   Thats the way it should be.

Howitzer,
I read your reply and just about choked on a mouthful of Pepsi.
Pretty sure that would ruin your whole week.

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
Wife Ack...
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 02:30:06 AM »
Im not gonna get married.. dad always said why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 05:55:28 AM »
Originally posted by Sp4de
Im not gonna get married.. dad always said why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free

Your dad probably told you many more fairy tales. You just don`t remember.
There is no such thing as free milk.
Grasshopper has many things yet to learn. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Wife Ack...
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 06:24:43 AM »
Originally posted by doobs
With that out of the way now  damage control, this is no meant to disrespect the true Female gamers of AH, I know you belong because you found and enjoy the game on your own.
Hah, glad you added that bit.  :D  Well, not quite true for me.... I originally discovered AW by watching my husband (Zeb) playing and it developed from there.  :aok
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 08:10:43 AM »
I'd guess that the women play for the community as much as anything else, that or the notoriety (1 female 500 guys).

Sp4de, listen to your Father, he speaks from experience. While it's true what Jackal said "there is no such thing as free milk", why pay the ultimate price (marriage) for the milk. when you can just "F" them till they run you off? Just make sure to always wear your raincoat.

Back on subject - I'm willing to bet the wives and girlfriends would find out that it's more than just "that silly game we play" if they got immersed in it for a while. I'm not saying they would like it as much as men do however. You would simply get a little more understanding out of them regarding the 'addiction'...the younger or the prettier they are, the more you have to justify your time :eek:

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Wife Ack...
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 08:17:12 AM »
My wife knows that this is more than just a game. It took her a while to realise that my squad is like a big support group.  

Once that happened she quite making remarks about my "******" in the other room.

Of course turning off ICQ's sounds so it quit going "Yoooohooo" every time my wife & I were watching a movie helped also.

Grin

Offline ROC

• Platinum Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 10:10:39 AM »
Missed the point, it's not about justifying time, or "growing some"

There aren't many left who remember the Air Warrior Widows Club which was a bunch of the wifes go got together bemoaning the loss of their husbands to the evil game.  It was all good fun.

Anyway, just a thought. Personally, I love to have any excuse to strap the wife into either a flight sim or racing game as she manages to break all known laws of physics.  It makes up for having to do the Mall thing on Christmas.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.