Author Topic: Wife Ack...  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 10:31:43 AM »
Howitzer,
I read your reply and just about choked on a mouthful of Pepsi.
Pretty sure that would ruin your whole week

I am pretty sure that either one of these experiences is going to cause pain for quite a while.  Now don't get me wrong here, I'm happy that we have wives/women playing this game, I'm just saying that I don't want the unholy task of teaching mine to play this game  :aok

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 11:27:50 AM »
Yea Howitzer, I remember trying to teach the ex-wife how to drive my F-150 (4 speed stick).  After many failed attempts and much duress (on her part, I was laughing inside) she managed to get it rolling down the street...then at the stop sign the truck starts lurching and jumping and then stalls. So I walk up and ask "did you push in the clutch?" and she says "you mean I have to push in the clutch when I stop too!!!???". The lesson was over after that. In her defense, she was a good cook and great in bed...

Roc, you only THINK you don't have to justify your time. When you exceed the wife ack timer, which is totally arbitrary and varies according to the cycle and the woman, you eventually will be peppered with some large caliber *****ing. (it does though sound as if you found a good one :) )

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 12:41:24 PM »
ROFL Howitzer
:rofl

NwBie

Originally posted by Howitzer
It is a novel idea, but one that my wife and I won't be partaking in.  There are several things in this world that I would detest doing and one of them is going through the agony of trying to teach my wife to play this game.  Why don't we go outside, I'll give you 50 bucks, you kick me in the balls and we call it square instead?  :D
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »
Sometimes my girlfriend will fly under my name. Been trying to show her the game so she understands how fun it is. She actually shot down an egomaniac on the Rooks her second sortie. Too funny.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 02:00:29 PM »
LOL Magoo,

Coming up on 17 years next month, yep I found a good one.

She has come to understand that I game, that's what I do. I don't watch TV, I don't go bar hopping, I don't watch football endlessly, I game.

She brings me food and drink while I play.  She schedules "girl day" with my daughter and her mom so that they are our doing the shopping and chattering while I do event's on Saturdays, which has been a long standing tradition with me for around 9 years.

Early on she did have some trouble with the games.  But it didn't take long to realize that my hobby was no different than her hobbies, and she didn't want me to go shopping with her.  

It's a good life, and a good wife.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Wife Ack...
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 02:39:57 PM »
can we please leave the fun-blockers out of the MA ... I go there to get away from mine hehehe J/K     38

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 03:00:13 PM »
The closest my wife ever got to playing an online sim was when she was under the puter table while I was flying. And yes, she "was" siphoning gas. I was typing to my squaddies while she was doing it and they got a big kick out of it.

:p

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 03:04:55 PM »
As George on Seinfeld once said ....

WORLDS ARE COLLIDING !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 03:10:15 PM »
bad idea. Back in AH1 I tired to teach mine how to play, I sent her up in the Zeke since I figured it was one of the simplest to fly. A massive headache and two hours later she still hadnt got the hang of it. I told her to use the auto take off to get off the ground, "hit the G key to pull up the gear". I came back five mins later and she was around 12,000 feet.
 So we we started some basic ACM. After about 30 mins of this she was "bored" so I told her to pull up her map and find her base. This little exercise took her almost 20 mins, and after flying over top of her base more than twice, I finally took over and set her up for a long straight in approach. She managed to land after taking off her left main, and doing a nose over. Not that bad I guess.
 Then I get the "I want to shoot someone down" So I put her in the MA under my name, I wasnt watching what plane she picked. In hind sight I should have. I came back to check on here 40 mins later just in time to see one of my prettty little ME 262's on fire about to crash.....it was the forth one she had crashed. Two on take off, one shortly after take off and one after flying over some AA at an emy base she tried to land at. Never again will I let her touch my game.

-Keg.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 03:13:36 PM by Kegger26 »

Offline Aubrey

• Copper Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
My wife would roll her eyes and say

" That's a nice thought dear. Now run along play with your little friends."

She does not understand this nor does she want to.  She thinks it is juvinile fun.  

I got her to that point by lamenting the fact that women in the industrialised world had stripped men of everything else they used to do, except for hunting and strip bars... and strip bars and hunting were being looked at to next.  So I told her I could either go to the strip club or be at home and play... her choice.

She said and I quote  "If playing with your friends in that imanginary sandbox is so important to you, then go ahead I do not understand the allure of getting in an imaginary thing and getting into imaginary fights, but if you do knock your self out."

You should have seen her face when I told her I was going to NYC and visit Engine and Slamman. heheheheh

Offline SunTracker

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 04:38:54 PM »
Oh the misery of being trapped with a bitter woman for the rest of your life...

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 05:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by Drunky
No, no thoughts.

;)

Offline streetstang

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 05:12:19 PM »
I never had a problem with this sort of ack unless I really am pushing my luck. When she makes food, out of respect I get up and eat. No game is worth more than a good dinner. Not even this one.

When shes' in the same room as me and its not "cuddle" time yet. The TV is on across the room while I'm furballing. But usualy an hour long epesode of Sex and the city is enough to make me want to get up, put two bullets in the TV and commence "cuddle time". Just listening to that watermelon is enough to make anyone want to go balistic... Any man.

I had her talk on local vox once to this guy who was going off on me for saying I stole his kill. After he threw every single word in the book at me I gave her the mic and she started ripping him a new one. I wish like heck I had the film going for it. Luckly I had the speakers on and not the head set, so when she heard him going ape watermelon over the speakers she walked over to see what kind of game I was playing. The rest is history. It wasnt even a good kill. I think it was a goon in fact. You can't call dibs on a goon.

I let her play a few times after she asked. I had to turn stall limiter on because she'd yank the plane around so fast trying to go after a con that it would snap into the ground. She liked it but said it wasnt really the game for her. Now, if HT started skining purple planes with flowers and pretty butterflies, I'm sure she'd like it alot more.

Morph

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2005, 05:30:59 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
It is a novel idea, but one that my wife and I won't be partaking in.  There are several things in this world that I would detest doing and one of them is going through the agony of trying to teach my wife to play this game.  Why don't we go outside, I'll give you 50 bucks, you kick me in the balls and we call it square instead?  :D

:rofl :rofl
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline wojo71

• Copper Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2005, 05:35:55 PM »
Asked my wife if she wanted to fly one night and she said and  I quote"F@#K that S&*T " she thinks my p.c is evil and aces high is the devils spawn.  :D   which just makes me  want to play more!:lol
LTARwojo        
Proud father of a U.S. Marine....Proud grandson of Lt Col Hamel Goodin (ret)   B-17 pilot. 305th BG /364th SQD