Author Topic: Wife Ack...  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Elyeh

• Nickel Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2005, 03:47:08 PM »
Originally posted by wojo71
Asked my wife if she wanted to fly one night and she said and  I quote"F@#K that S&*T " she thinks my p.c is evil and aces high is the devils spawn.  :D   which just makes me  want to play more!:lol

Same thing here.....
"all u do is play on that damn computer"

"yea....your point being???"

Offline rshubert

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56:02 PM »
Originally posted by streetstang
The thing I dont understand is we aren't married YET, but she'll still cook and do my laundry, wash and vacume my car and truck. Is this a sign of things to come? I ask myself? I feel there WILL be a payback down the line for me. Italians are like that you know. Once your in, you can never get out. Dam good cook though... Well worth the future pain.

Keep her.  If she does it now, she'll do it forever.  But be sure to show her the appreciation she deserves.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2005, 04:16:28 PM »
I'd rather have a root canal!

Or go shopping with her, can' t decide which is worse.

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2005, 04:27:01 PM »
Women, computers and first person shooters..........

That just doesn't sound right.

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Wife Ack...
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2005, 05:26:15 PM »
This is still a man's game.  I bet even the girls find themselves scratching and adjusting from time to time.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2005, 05:54:19 PM »
Originally posted by Sp4de
Im not gonna get married.. dad always said why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free

Even worse, the milk starts drying up once you buy the cow and just eating  the steak will get you arrested.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 06:05:26 PM by rabbidrabbit »

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2005, 01:09:38 AM »
Why not have a pet cow in the stable and ride the wild ones in the field once in a while.

Offline SkyWolf

• Nickel Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2005, 06:34:42 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Why not have a pet cow in the stable and ride the wild ones in the field once in a while.

Cause you get old and it's easier to play AHII. Why get all messy?  :D

Woof

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2005, 07:03:26 AM »
You guys don't know what you're missing.

I've got twenty years with my first and only -- and gotta say, I wouldnt change a thing. She doesn't get computer games, any more than she gets Monty Python's Holy Grail ("that's not funny, that's stuuuuupid!), but then I dont get how landscaping can be FUN. We're different in a lot of ways, but we are best friends. It took a LOT of relationship work, and we each had some real compromises to make, but we did it together. We take care of each others' needs just because we want to.

Couple years ago, for my birthday, the family drove down to Dayton -- and they DROPPED ME OFF at the Air Force Museum so I could take all the time I wanted without negotiating family issues. It was her idea.

She knows that when I get really compulsive about flying, it's because I'm dealing with some stress or something. When she says it's time to go to bed, well, she's usually right. And, my son is fast becoming a great friend in the same mold -- though he still favors FPS's, where he's good enough that he's often accused of cheating -- he doesnt.  (I try to play his games, but my handle -- DeadSoon -- says it all.)

You can't get this kind of life with a rented relationship. I got a great woman, yeah, but what made this marrriage work is that we cared enough to understand each other, compromise, and find the middle ground, each giving up a little. I really believe that any two people who feel that way can get a relationship jsut as good.

And trust me, you young pups -- if you take good care of you're "cow," really love her and give her a fair share of relationship treats, the milk DOESNT dry up -- it just gets sweeter.

Simaril
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 07:05:27 AM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2005, 09:16:22 AM »
Well my cow told me that she doesn't mind if I graze the nearby fields as long as I stop bugging her all the time. :rolleyes:

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2005, 09:24:44 AM »
Looks like you will get use of that robe and wizard hat?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Wife Ack...
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2005, 09:25:15 AM »
Originally posted by ROCrats
So, SIM, the CO of my squad the Ghosts, thought that a night of having our wives fly would be fun.  (He's recently married, isn't he cute)

That got me thinking, that it would be Very entertaining for our respective "others" to see what we do for our hobby.

Does anyone in here think a Wife Ack Night of standing behind our others, while trying to show them how to fly and talk to the other "others" would be somewhat entertaining?

Personally, I think I want to take this beyond our Squads Mini (skirt) event and launch it Arena Wide.

Any thoughts on this?

Why do you you think its called a cockpit?

'side's I'd hate to see it called a wifepit. I already have one of those. It's called a house. Housed within the wifepit is wife ack. That's bad enough.

Sorry Flossy :)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
Wife Ack...
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2005, 10:29:59 AM »
I long for the days of just "Wife ack"... She has graduated to being a "Wife Spawn-Camper".

That's when she walks up, takes a position at point blank range directly behind your left shoulder, and does not stop firing... untill you have given up the urge to try any longer.

Shortly afterwards, she lands her kills and we go shopping.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Wife Ack...
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2005, 12:57:50 PM »
I think I will use this as a sig. :D
...everthing the human male could want. Female free almost. To me this is like going to the bar after work, but without the threat of a DUI or putting someone else in harms way.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Wife Ack...
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2005, 12:59:33 PM »
And trust me, you young pups -- if you take good care of you're "cow," really love her and give her a fair share of relationship treats, the milk DOESNT dry up -- it just gets sweeter.
Could not agree more! Well said! :aok
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure