Author Topic: Any other Pastors or PCA or OPC types out there?  (Read 460 times)

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Any other Pastors or PCA or OPC types out there?
« on: February 24, 2005, 03:36:52 PM »
Hi All,

Just wondering if there are any other Pastors or OPC or PCA (conservative evangelical presbyterian denoms.) out there in AH land? Or am I the only one certifiably nuts enough to hang out here?

I pastor a PCA church in Fayetteville, NC:
http://www.providencepca.com

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 03:38:37 PM »
Woody of the Nightmares is a Pastor.

Good stick too.

Offline Zulu7

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 07:46:02 PM »
Nope I'm a MoooooLah!

:rofl

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 10:57:41 PM »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 01:03:43 AM »
Doh! And I went and spent $30K and spent 4 years learning Greek, Hebrew, and Systematics.

Silly me.

Got a site for an instant pilots license? I'd like to do that as well.
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
Re: Any other Pastors or PCA or OPC types out there?
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:50:56 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Or am I the only one certifiably nuts enough to hang out here?

I pastor a PCA church in Fayetteville, NC:
http://www.providencepca.com

- SEAGOON

Hi Seagoon.  :)

Is the second picture on the homepage of your site a Baptism?  (sorry for the dumb question, it is just hard to see :confused:)

Offline mosca

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 07:35:31 AM »
But Seagoon: If I sign up for the ULC, then I get to call myself The Reverend Doctor Mosca. I don't think that you have anything else that can compare to that.

The Reverend Doctor Mosca

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 11:32:55 AM »
Hello Heiliger,

Yes, the second photo is of a Baptism. We actually baptized all 5 kids you see in that photo as their family joined the church. The photo itself is at our old location which we loved but outgrew, the one on the top shows me preaching at our new location. The one at the bottom is from a Friday Kid's Catechism Class at our house.

I'm assuming from your handle you are either Swiss or German, at least in descent. Great Avatar BTW. So quoting Augustine, with that Avatar... Lesee, Reformed? Or some other denom?

- SEAGOON

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, Lutheran would be a better guess, so I'm going to change my answer to that.

Ok, am I close?

- Seagoon

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 12:07:04 PM »
<-- Lutheran Missoury synod...

that pic looks familiar from school (12 years Lutheran school)
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 06:02:53 PM »
Just curious how you guys justify playing a game where the primary object is to imitate killing your fellow man.

True you may be paying homage to those planes and guys who really did it but they did it because it was their duty and their job. Not because it was fun.

Im not critisizing you for doing it. Im just curious about your personal justification fo it.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 06:17:57 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Just curious how you guys justify playing a game where the primary object is to imitate killing your fellow man.

True you may be paying homage to those planes and guys who really did it but they did it because it was their duty and their job. Not because it was fun.

Im not critisizing you for doing it. Im just curious about your personal justification fo it.

Its a GAME

I'm not "Killing anything". Well maybe time I suppose. I'm a christian. I like Poker. I like a Margaritta once in a great while. I enjoy war movies. I enjoy Car racing. I live in a house with out wheels to. Can you imagine that? Nascar and a brick home? really is quite something to see.

Its not the killing of a virtual plane that is what its all about to me. Its the fight if you will between me and the other person. Seeing who will eventually come out on top.

I've used that term tho come to think of it from time to time in the game on VOX. Telling so in so ...."Kill that 190 would ya"? It's simply a metaphore I suppose.

I should also tell you that I onced cussed like a sailor. Not around women , or kids and if I did I always apologised.

Many changes in ME personally have taken place over the last couple of years or so.

This is nothing but a game. I enjoy flying with Buddies from all over the world. We laff , joke and have a great time most times. We agree on somethings and disagree on many others. I listen to em cuss and carry on. I laff at em alot.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 06:22:05 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:54:41 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Hello Heiliger,

Yes, the second photo is of a Baptism. We actually baptized all 5 kids you see in that photo as their family joined the church. The photo itself is at our old location which we loved but outgrew, the one on the top shows me preaching at our new location. The one at the bottom is from a Friday Kid's Catechism Class at our house.

Awesome!  :aok  I thought so, but wanted to ask.

...Actually, come to think of it, Lutheran would be a better guess, so I'm going to change my answer to that.

Ok, am I close?

- Seagoon

Hey not bad!  :D   Yes I am.  

<-- Lutheran Missoury synod...

that pic looks familiar from school (12 years Lutheran school)

Hey JB73.  I am Wisconsin Synod.  Yeah my avatar pic is "luther's Seal".

Offline Heiliger

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 10:56:09 PM »

Drediock, I shoot planes, I don't shoot chutes.  :p

Offline wombatt

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 11:17:18 PM »

Please tell me your mind does not really work this way.
:rolleyes: