Author Topic: Trim  (Read 367 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Trim
« on: June 05, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
 Been using manual trim some. Any tips? I've been flying the 38 alot. How exactly do you KNOW when its trimmed correctly?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
Trim
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2001, 05:41:00 PM »
Your plane is out of trim if (IMHO):
Exsamples:
If you need to give input to the stick Left/Right/Forward/Back/ to fly level.

If Slip Ball is not center. Your plane nose do not point where you are going. This could ruin your gunnery in big time.

If you dive fast and you need push stick forward to keep dive angle.

If you fly slow (Exs. Landing) and you need pull stick to keep your nose up.

If your plane roll it self to left or right (single engine) concerning speed.

Generally well trimmed plane is easy to fly. You need trim your plane all the time concerning your speed.

I hope this help.

BR

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Trim
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2001, 07:55:00 PM »
Most ride with the exception of the 190G10 i trim out only the elevator in dives when controls are close to locking up.

The 109G10 is a great ride good acceleration and needs a bit more imput to trimming, this you will get to know as you fly the plane for an extended period.

For the most part im use only Elevator Up ( K ) Key in dives..

Dog out.......

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Trim
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Personaly I disable Combat Trim. I don't like it because it does not seem natural to me. I set my trim setings to my arrow pad on my keyboard

With me I have
UP&DOWN = Elevator Trim
LEFT&RIGHT = Aleron Trim
DELETE&INSERT = Rudder Trim

This way I can trim out the aircraft for takeoff and landing. I fly the tiffy quite a lot, as with all tail draggers they have a tendance to lean to one side on takeoff. This can be sorted with a little rudder trim  :)

Hope this helped.