Author Topic: Fighter/Attacker quesion....  (Read 1088 times)

[===Panther===]

Fighter/Attacker quesion....
« on: June 05, 2001, 08:04:00 PM »
I love to go balls to the way with the P-47's and Corsairs.  But when i drop my bombs about 75% of the time they go long.  Is there a sweet spot to dropping them? Just as they pass the sight? just above the cowling? I hit a Vech bunker with 1 bomb and i dont know how the hell i did it LOL i was to busy with the flak!! Please help!!

------------------
"It takes blood, sweat, and tears to make a warrior.  Are you ready to bleed?"-32nd Devil Dogs

Sandman_SBM

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
I use an approximate 45-degree dive angle for JABO and then drop just before the target disappears beneath the cowling, typically at close range.

[===Panther===]

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2001, 09:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by Sandman_SBM:
I use an approximate 45-degree dive angle for JABO and then drop just before the target disappears beneath the cowling, typically at close range.

Ok so a 45-deg.  I will give that a test.  What is JABO? And at what range would you call to close? I really dont like getting inside 800 ft when there are M-16's in the area. I love to shot those things, but hate to go up against them. But i will drop as low as 200 ft if there is just the 37 mm. Thanks Sandman.  Oh and i took a look at your Screen shots, nice!

------------------
"It takes blood, sweat, and tears to make a warrior.  Are you ready to bleed?"-32nd Devil Dogs

HessuJ

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2001, 06:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by [===Panther===]:

What is JABO?

-- clip --

German: Jagdbomber (Jabo)  = fighter-bomber ,  basically any ground pounding mission with fighters is called a Jabo mission.

------------------

[===Panther===]

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2001, 06:39:00 AM »
Ahh, ok thanks HessuJ.  

I tested your 45-deg out Sandman.  Out of 4 runs lastnight, i got 1 m-16 and 1 37mm. I like those odds better.  Thanks!!!!

------------------

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2001, 07:53:00 AM »
VMF-323 trains by the Marine Corp book for bomb delivery, and there are 3 types of delivery:
Dive bombing: 70 degree approach to target from about 10,000 feet.

Glide bombing: High speed, accelerating dive at 30-55 degrees.

Low-level run: An attack at 20 Degrees and at a very low altitude and short range.

Primarily we use the diver bombing technique.
Check this link out, here you'll find some Training films, and one in particular that shows an F4U attack on an airfield.  There is also a link to Mitsu's gunsite that has a bomb tic on the recepticle for delivery.
MAG-33 Training Material for newbies

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Dup.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 06-06-2001).]

[===Panther===]

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
VMF-323 trains by the Marine Corp book for bomb delivery, and there are 3 types of delivery:
Dive bombing: 70 degree approach to target from about 10,000 feet.

MAG-33 Training Material for newbies

Wow, thanks Rip!! I will take a look at the films and learn LOL Mmm, Corsairs!!!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by [===Panther===] (edited 06-06-2001).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2001, 08:00:00 AM »
Anytime Panther, always glad to help, if you want alittle one on one training, gimme a shout.  About the only thing I'm 1/2 decent on anymore is ATG delivery!  

[===Panther===]

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2001, 08:02:00 AM »

Anytime Panther, always glad to help, if you want alittle one on one training, gimme a shout.  About the only thing I'm 1/2 decent on anymore is ATG delivery!  

LOL thanks. Othere than the fact that i am a killer M-16 gunner, the ATG is my best. Cant run a Air to Air battle to save my life!! Do you have ICQ?

------------------

[===Panther===]

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »

The gunsite isnt showing up?

------------------

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
When I click on the gunsite, it asks if I want to save the file...this is correct...save it and unzip it into your AH directory.  Is this what you get?

No, I don't have ICQ, but use Check Six Chat in the evenings, and have RW...want to set up a time to meet?  Email me:
ripsnort@aceshighcs.com

<S>

[===Panther===]

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2001, 09:08:00 AM »

When I click on the gunsite, it asks if I want to save the file...this is correct...save it and unzip it into your AH directory.  Is this what you get?

No, I don't have ICQ, but use Check Six Chat in the evenings, and have RW...want to set up a time to meet?  Email me:
ripsnort@aceshighcs.com

<S>

Neg, it wont even give me that option. It just showes a torn film clip. As for the filmes,   i like them!! I couldnt get the carrier ops to work nor the Lancaster film, they kept crashing the game. I did learn a lot in the dive bombing. I will have to give that a shot.  As for this sight, once i get it downloaded, are those ticks good for any angle?

------------------

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Read the films summary, you need to have the right terrain for the films that crash on you.

The bomb tic is the bottom one, for use in a 70-80 deg. dive...the rocket tic is the one just below the center cross.  Once you get the feel for it, you can over or under compensate for the bomb tic depending on your AOA.

Not sure why your getting broken link for the gunsite, works here...are you using Netscape or IE for a browser?

Offline [===Panther===]

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
Read the films summary, you need to have the right terrain for the films that crash on you.

The bomb tic is the bottom one, for use in a 70-80 deg. dive...the rocket tic is the one just below the center cross.  Once you get the feel for it, you can over or under compensate for the bomb tic depending on your AOA.

Not sure why your getting broken link for the gunsite, works here...are you using Netscape or IE for a browser?
Ok thanks on the Film thing, i will Download it when i get home. I am still haveing problems with the sight page. I have IE as my browser. I will try again when i get back. Thnkas Rip