Author Topic: Arrest mistake  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2005, 11:16:29 PM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:21:01 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Arrest mistake
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2005, 11:18:31 PM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:21:15 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2005, 11:20:06 PM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:21:27 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2005, 11:20:58 PM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:21:42 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 11:21:25 PM »
I'm hooked - seeking to expedite the release of a mistakenly arrested person is abusing a positon how? Attempting to conceal of person was mistakenly arrested is not abuse?

And if you mean finding if there are any outstanding warrants on a person - thats public record. Yea, I might know "Sally" who can bring it up quickly, but its public record.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:24:11 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 11:21:32 PM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:22:10 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 11:22:47 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
I'm hooked - seeking to expedite the release of a mistakenly arrested person is abusing a positon how? Attempting to conceal of person was mistakenly arrested is not abuse?

No, it's not.   They have no business telling you who is or isn't in custody, regardless how important you think you are.  Obviously, they weren't quaking in their boots and spilling their guts.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2005, 11:27:01 PM »
>>No, it's not. They have no business telling you who is or isn't in custody<<

Wrong - so so wrong. Its public record. You're not an officer are you?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2005, 11:28:42 PM »
>>No, it's not. They have no business telling you who is or isn't in custody<<

Wrong - so so wrong. Its public record. You're not an officer are you?

Neither are you.   You're telling me if I call my local PD they'll tell me everyone they're holding?  Even minors?

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2005, 11:30:21 PM »
Yes, and most list them on a web page - charges bond etc. Yea, thats EXACTLY what I'm telling you - its PUBLIC RECORD. But depending where you live, you may have to call another office other than the PD - PD transports, in certain places another office handles the incarceration. But it is always public record.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 11:33:31 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 11:31:42 PM »
Yes, and most list them on a web page - charges bond etc. Yea, thats EXACTLY what I'm telling you - its PUBLIC RECORD.

Nope.  You're wrong.  Particularly in the case of minors.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2005, 11:31:52 PM »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2005, 11:36:38 PM »
>>Particularly in the case of minors.<<

Only in the case of minors. You intoduce some red herring. No one is talking about a minor and you damn well know it.
Adult arrests are  public record - get it?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Arrest mistake
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 11:38:16 PM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:23:11 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
Arrest mistake
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 11:43:08 PM »
this post reminds me of my own little run in with the wrong seat in a police cruiser..

few years ago i was speeding down a back road going prolly about 65-70 late for my flight lesson.. non residential area, just a back road behind the airport. my dumb luck there ends up being a cruiser with a speedtrap (dont ask me why) and before he even turned his lights on i pulled over. 72 in a 35.. he takes my license and reg and almost immediately comes back and says he has to go, and he's gonna mail me my ticket.

needless to say, he took down my info wrong and mailed the CRIMINAL driving to endanger charge to the wrong address. in mass they give you like 3 business days to respond to that stuff before they put a warrent out for your arrest. needless to say, i didnt get anything and it was just my luck that an officer who was a friend of my brother's saw my car at a gas station and told me to get the hell home and figure out what the deal was cuz he was told to arrest me on the spot. yikes.

so i go to court and cut a deal with the magistrate, ,which ends up being 6 months of probation where if i dont get a ticket, it'll all be wiped. they were lenient since it was a service road and i'd never been any trouble before, which was nice.. so i go down to the clerks office and fix my address in the system, and leave.

7 months later, i get pulled over again. cop comes up, asks me to shut the car off and get out. knew something was wrong. ended up in lockup for 4 hours because of an outstanding warrent. i'm sitting bewildered totally not understanding what the hell is going on.

turns out that at the end of my probation they sent some sort of follow up notice for me to show up to court again, but they sent it to the wrong address. (again) since i didnt show to court, all charges were reinstated and another warrent put out for me. not only that, but my insurance was dropped and my registration revoked because of the outstanding charges. in the end this all ends up being my fault, and i have to pay over $1200 for the original driving to endager, plus driving w/o insurance or reg. i never knew any of this because guess what, all of it was sent to the wrong addy. (and my insurance company never mentioned to tell me they yanked me, either)

1200 bucks and like 5 pts on my insurance because of some serious fluff'n screwups in our court system. i don't deny i was speeding and i would have taken the punishment for that but the added stuff was a joke. actually, no, the real joke was that apparently even though i went and tried to fix my address problem, it was still my fault THEY screwed up.

grr.
<----ASSASSINS---->