Author Topic: Perk point counting bug continues...  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
Perk point counting bug continues...
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »
case 1:

Defending the base alone, taking Tiger(cost:35 perks), getting 6 vehicle kills and 22 aerial kills.
Then, someone gets the lucky shot.
Result:
-34.91 perks
This is not REAL!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

case 2:

Upping a Me262 from defending base(cost: 180-200 perks).
Killing 3-4 bombers.
Diving and loosing the plane...
DEATH;-)
Result:
-250 perks
That is not real too!

WTF is going on with the perks counting???Its not right!

:confused:
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 06:02:48 PM »
Tip: 262's fly better with wings :D
Army of Muppets

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 06:05:56 PM »
I know that...:D
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline wplantagenet

• Zinc Member
Perk Value Changes in flight
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 06:46:55 PM »
I think there may be two separate issues contributing to what you see:

1) The number of perk points you earn from your kills is the first issue. Even when I land my kills, I notice sometimes that the perk points I earn is exceedingly low. Just yesterday in a Tiger, I landed 8 vehicle kills, and 2 aircaft kills, but got like 0.82 perk points. The aircraft kills weren't pure proxy kills as I had pelted both of them with plenty of rounds prior to them committing suicide against my tank. Now, this could have been caused by a few different things: a) A bug in the calculations; b) Our country numbers were  so huge that the perk point bonus was like 0.2; c) Another bug where my kills weren't registering properly as real kills, but as proxy kills for which you get no perk credit.

2) The perk value of planes and vehicles is the second issue. You have to remember that even if you take a perk plane out of the hangar at a given value, it's value will change (up or down) while in flight. If, for example, you take out your Me-262 valued at 165, fly around for 20 minutes before tragically crashing in a poor farmer's field, the plane's value may have increased to 300 by that time simply because more of your countrymen have logged on and all of the perk values have risen. The value of the plane at the time of "landing" (or crashing, or ditching, etc.) is what is used in the final calculation of perk earnings or losses, even if it means you go in the red, and figuratively owe the system some perks :(

WP

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 07:08:17 PM »
whats really funny is when a 262 costs around 150 ,  a chog will cost more then 10 . talk about backwards pricing .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:35:25 PM »
Id love to see them be a flat fee.  Seems whenever I have enough for whatever ride, the cost has gone up.  Maximum suckage.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 07:36:32 PM »
WP, hitech stated in another thread (direct quote)
"The perk price is set at take off. If it changes during your sortie it does not effect the perks lost when you die."

I'm guessing there's also some confusion regarding ENY and perks earned. The actual scoring formula is somewhere in the help file, and may also have been posted on the bbs. Might also want to watch to see what the perk point bonus is- that can seriously chop away at perks earned per sortie (or increase it if you're a rook). Additionally, if you were camping, you deserved it.

Cheers,
hub
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SCDR

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
WP, hitech stated in another thread (direct quote)
"The perk price is set at take off. If it changes during your sortie it does not effect the perks lost when you die."

I'm guessing there's also some confusion regarding ENY and perks earned. The actual scoring formula is somewhere in the help file, and may also have been posted on the bbs. Might also want to watch to see what the perk point bonus is- that can seriously chop away at perks earned per sortie (or increase it if you're a rook). Additionally, if you were camping, you deserved it.

Cheers,
hub

I am so glad you quoted HT on this Hub. Something is def wrong with the perk sys when it comes to perked
rides, and it seemed to start with the ENY system coming into place.

SCDR

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 08:34:54 PM »
How do you know hub?  You only fly that l33t hurrichane!      :D

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 08:55:07 PM »
Scrap, this bbs is for people who play Aces High. You lost?

:p

SCDR, I wonder (my own pet theory) if the perk multiplier is actually altering the amount of perks lost at the end of the sortie (reflecting the discrepancies that people are mentioning) as well as effecting the initial cost. Once I have a few drinks, I may try to go through the scoring formula. I could have sworn I got robbed on some of my perk deaths, but until I've gone through all the math, I'm operating under the assumption that I've missed something.

Maybe we'll get lucky and HT will chime in with some specifics in the meantime .

cheers,
hub
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Scrap

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2005, 09:07:14 PM »

I'll be back hub! Consider yourself warned!!!!! I'llllll beeeeeee baaaaaaaaackkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

:p

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 09:25:02 PM »
okay, i've got some bourbon, some ice, some coke, some paper, and a pen. I'll take one for the team if the perk bonus gets above 1.2 and lose a perkie. I'll note perk cost, bonus, kills, relative eny stuff, and see what happens.

upon looking through the help file, i couldn't find anything more than what's been commonly posted.

scrap, hurry up man, the hurricane's gathering dust in the hangar.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Perk point counting bug continues...
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2005, 05:23:44 AM »
Originally posted by Zuum
case 1:

Defending the base alone, taking Tiger(cost:35 perks), getting 6 vehicle kills and 22 aerial kills.
Then, someone gets the lucky shot.
Result:
-34.91 perks
This is not REAL!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

case 2:

Upping a Me262 from defending base(cost: 180-200 perks).
Killing 3-4 bombers.
Diving and loosing the plane...
DEATH;-)
Result:
-250 perks
That is not real too!

WTF is going on with the perks counting???Its not right!

:confused:

It depends on the ENY value of the plane you shoot down.  That's why you get more perks for flying early warbirds than you do with the late warbirds.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2005, 05:36:19 AM »
That is ok! I understand the ENY but I dont undestrand, that perks do vary between the takeoff and landing. That doesnt make sense at all!

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2005, 07:19:49 AM »
The enemy value of the plane you are flying also makes a difference.

Spit V = enemy value of 5

Me-262 = enemy value of 5

La-7 = 5

N1K= 5

P-38 G = 35

The harder the plane is to shoot people down,the more pointz you get,i think this perk system works fine,just the other day i shot 3 people down in a P-38 G and was killed myself defending the base,i got 18 perkiez for that,and i was shot down.