Author Topic: Perk point counting bug continues...  (Read 1270 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Perk point counting bug continues...
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 07:42:26 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
WP, hitech stated in another thread (direct quote)
"The perk price is set at take off. If it changes during your sortie it does not effect the perks lost when you die."

hub

Well then there is a bug cause it doesnt work that way.

Last night I upped in a tiger. At the time I upped Tigers were 35 perks

Less then 5 min later My Tiger was killed and my score was a Minus 42
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 09:54:27 AM »
I have always had the same experience.  Your perk price is not set on takeoff rather it seems to be deducted when you die.

Just upped an arado at .70 for 86 perks, drove it around for 45 mins until it ran out of gas and augered.  lost 87.74 perks .  Hit nothing.

Offline RedTopp

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
hmmm. I upped a tiger for the first time. I killed 2 and than got plunked. I lost 170 perks. Is their an explanation for that? I am curious why so many were lost.
IDLH
IAFF Local 1660

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 11:43:03 AM »
the answer is simple... get rid of the "welfare" perk system.  just have a flat price and a flat value for each target no matter what the ratio of players is.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 11:49:09 AM »
Are the prices you mentioned from just after logging in?  As I understand it the correct prices (and the ones you really pay) do not show up until everybody has been added to your FE's list.

Therefore, if you take a perk unit just after logging in you don't see the real price in your FE.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 05:04:38 PM »
Hmmm, the planets were aligned well last night. I only lost 1 perk ride (a 262) and lost 133 and change for 2 kills, having paid 134 perks. Seems pretty normal to me. Death multiplier is .25, so my 2 kills would have been worth about 1 perk had I not bought the farm.

If the perk scoring is buggy, we're going to need a lot more info regarding the exact instances- perk bonus, cost, exact tally of kills, ENY of all involved, etc.

I'm not ruling anything out, just saying that I believe we're missing something here. I'll log in here shortly and sacrifice some perks, see what happens. If we can document these losses better, I'm sure we can get HTC to have a look at the setup again.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2005, 06:19:10 PM »
In my case I'd been logged in for at least a half hour
and got zero kills

I intentionally checked the perk cost when I chose it.

This is not unusual I had just thought it the norm that the cost may change while Im up in a perked whatever.

Thats the way its always worked
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 06:44:18 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
The harder the plane is to shoot people down,the more pointz you get
Oh please.. it's easier to kill people in a 109G2 than it is in a yak :p The late war high-performers (with the exception of spitV's... they're uber easy and you don't deserve points for getting kills :aok) have lower ENY values, but that doesn't mean it's easier to kill people. In most cases it just means it's easier to run away :D
Army of Muppets

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 06:46:20 PM »
Originally posted by 6GunUSMC
the answer is simple... get rid of the "welfare" perk system.  just have a flat price and a flat value for each target no matter what the ratio of players is.
No. The current system works better than the old static prices.
Army of Muppets

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 10:36:40 PM »
perks earned = your aircraft's eny / your kills eny
e.g.
You're in an la7(5 eny) and you shoot down an FM-2(40 eny) you get 5 / 40 = 0.12 perks
If you're flying the FM2, and you shoot down the la7, you get 40/5 = 8 perks
(Theres also a bonus for landing safely IIRC)

So the low ENY planes earn crap for perks.  Perk planes have the lowest eny of all.

And there are various reasons the costs shown in the hangar can be wrong.  Just having logged in and not having all of the players loaded yet is one of them.  The price is fixed(or supposed to be anyways) on takeoff, not on aircraft selection, so during any gap between when you open the hangar screen, and when you actually take off, the price can change.

Radical changes seem to suggest selecting the plane right after logging in.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 08:35:40 AM »
Zumm: Do the math on the planes you shot down. Your lost points sounds in the ball park to me.

If you expect to be able to fly/drive a perked model and have a net gain when you die , I belive you are just miss informed.

HiTech

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 02:12:03 PM »
HiTech I have also experienced this. Take up a perked ride and when you lose it, you lose more perk points than it cost when you upped. For instance, lost a Tiger the other day, *cost* when I upped was 31, I had 5 kills and lost 37 perk points when I died. Something is fishy here.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 02:29:24 PM »
Oh, no...I really dont expect to "cash" the net gain. Not at all! When I screw, they are my balls which are burning
:D

I just dont want to loose more perks, than I was informed before taking off the perk plane. Thats it!

So, for example, when I "buy" a Me262 for 200 perks, Iīm ready and aware to loose those 200 perks if I screw. But, after several kills, and my own fault, when Iīm loosing more than those 200 perks....Thatīs the point, I donīt get...sry.
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 02:35:03 PM »
Zuum: That just simply depends on the refresh in the hangar.

The host keeps track of the real cost at take off time. As described if you just entered arena and go right to the hanger the cost can be drasticly different. If you wait until the roster is populated the cost will always show very close to what the real cost is. In low number times some one person can enter between when you went to the hangar and took off. And that change would account for a small change in perk cost.

HiTech
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 02:37:08 PM by hitech »

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »
Hmm...that sounds logical but not quite acceptable:rolleyes:
But...all in all, This is just a game;-) Let us join it!!!
I feel confidence for that point, You really are doing everything to fix these kind of problems in the future.
Ty and
Hitech
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-