Author Topic: Its Just Not Bloody Cricket  (Read 1973 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Its Just Not Bloody Cricket
« on: March 16, 2005, 04:51:46 PM »
Hey PPL

The other night I happened to be in the hanger loading up a BF110 for flight when I noticed a Tank behind my plane. :confused:

Basically a few guys had driven up to the base and a couple of them had decided to park in the hanger to avoid the planes flying around.

What I want to know is if this is considered "ethical" in AH.

If we were to look at it in a realistic or simulation sense then surly the ground crews at the airfield would have done something.

Or do we look at this with the attitude of a failure to protect the base. IE: if you don't nail them then they can hide were ever the hell they please.

Personally I am either way, if the general populace of AH thinks that this is ok to do then the next chance I get I would use it to my advantage, but if this is considered "unethical", then I would not.

Your thoughts please

Note Seeing as they had taken the attitude of  "alls fair in love and war" I taxied My Bf into the hanger and then into the tank:D. your thoughts on this too   :aok

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 05:06:42 PM »
They call it spawn camping. When you spawn your vehicle, it apears inside the hanger, and its an easy kill for them. You solution to the problem works for me :)

I don't like spawn camping...well unless its me doing the camping  heheh. Its one of the reasons I very rarely use the vehicles. Sure I could camp some place and "one shot" kill all spawners, but I just don't see much of a challange in it, wheres the fun other than watching your k/d ratio climb on the score board Whoopie !

I'd rather get shot down 10 times trying to get someone in my 38  :) I do that very well... the getting shot down part  :)

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 05:18:09 PM »
I don,t agree with spawn camping either.

The closest i will venture near a spawn point is no more than 3000 meterz,when you aren't right up behind them as they appear,they think the spawn is clear and head too the base,where upon they run into  me and a battle ensuez.

If a tank is on the field the first thing that should be destroyed is the VH,then the Ordnance,then the fighter hangerz,if done in that order,the base will be taken over faster than usual.

Anyone who drivez all that way to just sit behind a hanger only to be killed is wastin thier time IMO.

Besides spawn camping usually only gets you 1 thing,Bombed by Lanc's from 500 feet!

:aok

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »
Thanks guys

But I dont think I would have called this spawn camping, he was to busy trying to fend off the fighters that were trying to nail him hiding inside the hanger to take anyone out on the ground.

its more the fact that he was using the inside of the hanger for cover... and I could see his tank behind my plane when I was selecting my ordinence (ie before I got into the cockpit).

Anyway thanks again

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 10:33:14 PM »
Now thats different,when you park out in the open behind a runway thats fun!

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 01:36:45 AM »
Mussie they probably parked in there because that building can't be destroyed.  Now I'm not sure if all bombs will just detonate on top of the hangar or if they will go through and cause damage on ground level.  

If  you asked me they are blatantly taking advantage of a known glitch in the game.  The same can be said for vehicles that blatantly hide in the towns buildings which have been destroyed.  You can drive into the buildings once they've been destroyed regardless if there isn't an opening large enough to fit your vehicle through.  It makes for nice concealment area.  Still exploiting a glitch though.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 06:04:06 AM »
if your team allowed a tank onto the feild ,,well then u deserved to get shot when u tried to up,and i am sorry but your ground crew tried to fight the armor with their small arms,,,they are dead

having a tank "vulch "the feild is no different than a AC doing the same ,,u gotta supress the base to capture it
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Its Just Not Bloody Cricket
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 08:31:02 AM »
Originally posted by mussie
Hey PPL.

What I want to know is if this is considered "ethical" in AH.

YES

If we were to look at it in a realistic or simulation sense then surly the ground crews at the airfield would have done something.

TRUE

Or do we look at this with the attitude of a failure to protect the base. IE: if you don't nail them then they can hide were ever the hell they please.

YES

Personally I am either way, if the general populace of AH thinks that this is ok to do then the next chance I get I would use it to my advantage, but if this is considered "unethical", then I would not.

PROLLY DOESN'T MATTER THIS IS THE WAY IT IS

Note:Seeing as they had taken the attitude of  "alls fair in love and war" I taxied My Bf into the hanger and then into the tank:D. your thoughts on this too   :aok

SOUNDS GOOD!

Hope this helps!:)

Ren

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 09:28:06 AM »
Hiding in the buildings is un-fair?

Getting a 100 Lb. bomb dropped near you,or a plane straffing you and you getting killed is un-fair,i use the buildings to my advantage every chance i get,what ?are we suppose to make it easy for them?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 10:24:08 AM »
just up an IL2 and taxi straight at them firing all guns untill they die.

killed a few tigers that way ;)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 07:37:16 PM »
Klink so you condone using known glitches in the game to gain an advantage?  What 100 pounder are you referring to and from what airframe?  I highly doubt anyone attacking a tank isn't going to use anything less than a 500 pounder for medium level armored vehicles or a 1000 pounder on the T34s, Panzers and the Tiger with heavy armor.    

The MK84 is a 2000 lbs bomb and is capable of making a hole over 50 feet in diameter and over 35 feet deep.  Take that and cut in in half and that's what you should expect from a 1000 pounder.  The bomb crater would be about 25 feet around and almost 18 feet deep.  Even if you rated it down some because of technology gap in WWII it would still be highly lethal even if it was slightly off the mark.  

As far as being straffed by fighters and getting killed.  It depends on what your in and what they are firing at you and at what angles.  Probability of smaller caliber rounds penetrating and causing death is highly unlikely.  Take a higher caliber round made to kill tanks and guess what your probably gonna be dead.  Obviously those machines were designed to do just as they did which was kill your tank.  Your not invincible  in your armor.  There were other tank killers and they weren't just ground based machines.

By allowing a vehicle to drive through walls to hide and avoid being hit by any enemy weapon is wrong.  I'm sorry but exploiting a glitch such as this is cheating in my book.  They might as well make aircraft invincible to ground collisions and invincible to object collisions overall.

Offline daMIG

• Copper Member
Glitches in da game
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 10:38:54 PM »
Ren,

Great commentary sir. Lol.

"It is as it is, and that too will change soon enough."

miggy:D

".... what a game. Nothing else like it, and the Wife Hates It. Muhahahaha  :aok

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 11:41:10 PM »
It was a La-7 that dropped the Bomb on Potto while attacking a town,i couldn,t really believe it my self,he took no other damage,that was all.

And why is it a Glitch in the game?Do you not GV Cobra?Have you ever attempted to take a base from a GV standpoint?

Earlier this week i went to defend a town and got shot in the arse by a panzer,i was in a Tiger,learned my lesson on that 1 for sure.

I was simply saying it's hard enough too take a town with the "Uber Lucky" Il-2's buzzin around and your tryin too dodge them and take the town down.Being able to hide in the Buildings takes away the Advantage and people start to complain to make it so they can,t no more.

My new sole purpose in this "GAME" is too break up spawns Campz and take bases.

But as i am starting too notice,everyone else in the MA scene is starting to not like the Spawn Campers either.So i guess those guys are gonna have too find a new way too  kill lots of people without having too use that much skillz!

<<>>

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 12:54:39 AM »
Well Klink for starters the LA7 carries 2 100 kilogram bombs.  That does not equate to 100 pounds.  That is the equivelant of almost 441 pounds.

If you can't see how hiding in the buildings which are destroyed and have no normal access entries for a vehicle size objects to enter them isn't exploiting a glitch then I don't know what to tell you.

Just because your in a Tiger doesn't mean you don't have weaknesses in your armor.  It's also pretty obvious that the IL2s weren't lucky but were very accurate with their ord and ammo.

I could careless if your hiding in a building that is capable of being destroyed.  Taking advantage of hiding in the destroyed town buildings or buildings that HTC has deemed indestructable is exploiting glitches in the game.  This means buildings that would normally be destructable not hardenend shelters or reventments.  If this doesn't bother you then neither should the "Uber Lucky" IL2s or the unbelievable killing power of 2 100kg bombs.  

Since you don't mind using known glitches that aren't realistic then you shouldn't mind "unrealistic" damage modeling.  You want to have your cake and eat it too.  Sorry but you really don't have a foot to stand on with your gripe about "unrealistic" damage modeling since you don't mind exploiting glitches so long as they benefit you.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 12:57:10 AM by Cobra412 »

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 02:43:41 AM »
Thanks for all your replies

they make for some interesting reading

Bomb ya all later :D