Author Topic: Its Just Not Bloody Cricket  (Read 1997 times)

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Its Just Not Bloody Cricket
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 03:34:02 AM »
I see nothing lame with parking inside a fighter or a bomber hangar.

The enemy can out GVs and hunt him down. I dont do GVs often but the few kills I have is from "get him out of my hangar" situations.

Imho the reference to reality doesnt really hold up. Simply because this aint WW2 and we arnt trying to recreate WW2. By that Im not saying "everything is valid", because there are things that are lame like DBing B17s.

This though is just fun for all sides.

Tex

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 07:11:40 AM »
well i am sure tha no tank ever drove through the bombed out rubble of a biulding,,,and heaven forbid that there be somewhere a gv can be safe from airial attack
 HI TECK EVERYONE DOSENT PLAY THE GAME LIKE I WANT SO CHANGE IT SO THE HAVE TOO,,,,,,,give me a break u crybabies:rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 12:40:22 AM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 08:01:50 AM »
Quote:
Just because your in a Tiger doesn't mean you don't have weaknesses in your armor. It's also pretty obvious that the IL2s weren't lucky but were very accurate with their ord and ammo.

Did you miss the part where i said i learned my lesson from that 1?

Quote:
I could careless if your hiding in a building that is capable of being destroyed

I don,t hide in hangers like a Ho and snipe people.

Quote:
Since you don't mind using known glitches that aren't realistic then you shouldn't mind "unrealistic" damage modeling.

why don,t you get in a GV today,PM me where you are at and i,ll show "Unrealistic" Damage modeling.

:aok

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Glitches in da game
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 08:28:33 AM »
Originally posted by daMIG
miggy:D

".... what a game. Nothing else like it, and the Wife Hates It. Muhahahaha  :aok

OH OH! New to the game? Getting a dose of wife ack already!
You're in trouble now! ;)

Welcome to AH2! :)

Ren

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 08:37:40 AM »
I came to work (12 hour shifts) with 3 hours sleep as I had to play when the wife and kids were not at home because....

1)  Its dam had to drop bombs on target when your three year old wants to fly the pretty plane..... (shes a sweetie :D)

2) The wife (again a sweetie) is now stuck on the phrase "are you play that crappy game again"

3) I am dam addicted (to getting shot down apparently)

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 09:10:04 AM »
It's really ok, mussie. Without fellows like you where would all the targets be? See, yer needed. Just as much here as at home!!!:D

Seriosly, as you get better, the newer guys become the targets. The wife ack doesn't get any better but you're landing kills so "what's wrong with a lil wife ack?":)

Yer 3 year old is another story. She NEEDS the stick time. Give it to her. Then when she's 10 she'll have her on pc and be shooting up daddy all the time. And when she's 25 she'll be working for a major airline so she can support mommy and daddy when they get old and grey. :lol

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2005, 03:55:08 PM »
Redrum1 please show me some buildings in our towns that have access to hide inside them once they've been destroyed that is even somewhat realistic.  Also since you want to be a smartarse please tell me why is it you can't go over or through the hedgerows we have in AH but you can drive through the side of a destroyed building.  

Also tell me why is it there is no damage modeling in regards to trees when they are hit with tank rounds.  Also why is it the craters made by bombs are no more than a visual thing opposed to an actual crater.  Not only can aircraft fly off a runway filled with craters them but vehicles can drive through them and can be sitting directly in one after a drop and still be able to drive off.   Last but not least there are areas inwhich you can conceal yourself that HTC has put in the game for just that reason.

Klink are you gonna teach me how to play in the gvs?  Maybe you can give me a lesson on flying while your at it?  Then maybe I can show you some "unrealistic" damage modeling there.  Because god knows that whole empennages seperate from an aircraft when getting hit by 20mm or higher caliber rounds.  We also know that flaps when hit by rounds only get stuck and even when they are completely ripped off the plane they still act as if a flap is there but stuck in a down position.  We also know that rudders and vertical stabs get ripped off when hit by a few 20mm rounds.

"art and science of vintage WWII air combat...".  Go ahead and exploit the game though and this game will turn into nothing more than arcade game opposed to what it's really meant to be.  No ones saying AH should be total simulation game but that doesn't mean it's community should be exploiting glitches and turning it into some arcade game like enviroment.  If people wanted a half arsed WWII game with a half arsed community they'd be over playing games like Fighter Ace and Battlefield 1942.  Everytime someone exploits obvious glitches such as these they make the game that more less appealing to the rest of the community and to new customers.

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 04:51:23 PM »
Cobra,if i or red knew the answers too those questions we wouldn,t be paying for this game now would we.

And it is just a Game,made up by some people down in Texas,that we pay 14.99 a month for.

And yes i do hold a class in the DA every weds. and sunday at 8 P.M. eastern time if you wanna come and learn how to be a better GV'er.

Quote:"art and science of vintage WWII air combat...". Go ahead and exploit the game though and this game will turn into nothing more than arcade game opposed to what it's really meant to be. No ones saying AH should be total simulation game but that doesn't mean it's community should be exploiting glitches and turning it into some arcade game like enviroment. If people wanted a half arsed WWII game with a half arsed community they'd be over playing games like Fighter Ace and Battlefield 1942. Everytime someone exploits obvious glitches such as these they make the game that more less appealing to the rest of the community and to new customers.

I hate too be the one too tell you,but Battlefield 1942 has way better graphix and actual bomb craterz,just about everything you described.Soundz too me like you got some personal issuez with the creatorz of AH too me.

And u forgot one GLITCH,How everybody gets someone on thier 6
they start takin screen shotz too freeze themselves while the person behind them goes right on past giving them an easy kill!

This is HT's world we are just playin in it.

Do you really think they care what we think?

Too them this is a buisness,that pays them money,Money is what makez the world go round!

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 05:34:46 PM »
Klink and in BF 1942 the gamers online try to exploit any last glitch they can.  Just like half of the other games out there.  This is why so many of those games try to run programs like Punkbusters or they encourage photos of users exploiting glitches in the game so they can deal with them.  

Glitching may not be the same as cheating to some but in my book they are identical.

And HTC doesn't make glitches purposely so the community can abuse them.  It's the community and it's players that choose to exploit them.  I could careless how many times I die.  I'll never lower myself to the level of some who chooses to play gamey arse tactics and exploit glitches in the game.  These are the type of folks who will ruin this game for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 05:37:42 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline Jnuk

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 07:11:23 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink
they start takin screen shotz too freeze themselves while the person behind them goes right on past giving them an easy kill!

err.....wait. do people really do this? and it works? really?  or do they maybe just cut the throttle?
kinda sounds to me like you're seeing "Haxors" and "Cheatz" in every shadow.
imho

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 07:51:32 PM »
Originally posted by 1Klink

By everybody do you mean yourself? i've neverheard of anyone taking screenshots to make someone overshoot.  It's certainly a new one for me.

Edit: i cannot believe anyone thinks that would work.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline 1Klink

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 09:18:32 PM »
#1.It does work

#2. I don,t fly a Plane in the MA,all they do is Ho-N-Go

#3.You can,t HO shoot a tiger!

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2005, 10:10:22 PM »
first off cobra let me say this I HAVE SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES TANKS DRIVING INTO HOUSES STICKING THE MAIN GUN OUT A WINDOW OR DOOR AS TO BE SHEILDED FROM EASY DETECTION ,THESE HOMES WERE INTACT AT LEAST ALL BUT THE WALL THEY DROVE THRU!!!
SECONDLY:THE REASON THAT ALL THE DETAILS U MENTIONED ARENT MODELED INTO THIS GAME,,SIMPLE U WOULD NEED A BANK OF COMPUTERS TO PLAY IT
THIRDLY:I DONT THINK ITS TOO NICE OF U TO TRY SO HARD TO FLAME BAIT ME JUST BECAUSE I TOLD THE TRUTH AND IT HURTS YOUR LITTLE FEELINGS,,AND ONE MORE THING ,,AND THIS WILL HURT I WARN U ALL THESE FORUMS ARE BECOMING IS A PLACE FOR ALL THE LITTLE MEN TO CRY THAT PEOPLE ARENT PLAYING THE WAY THEY WANT THEM TOO SO PLEASE HT CHANGE THE GAME TO SUIT ME<<<< WAAAAAAAAAA

WAAA
WWWAAAAA
WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA

BABIES:rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 10:13:23 PM by 1redrum »
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2005, 11:16:50 PM »
Trust me "Murder1"  I'm very aware of what tanks are capable of in real life also.  

Simple fact is you'd prefer to game the game.  It's alright that one object can't be run over which you should easily be able to? Instead you can drive through walls as if they were never there in the first place?

Frankly I could give a watermelon less about this because it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form.  Just find it amusing how someone called something gamey yet he didn't even know what the aircraft in question was capable of in the first place.  Claiming it was a 100 pound bomb when in reality it was atleast a 100 kilogram bomb, most likely 2.  I simply pointed out people are exploiting glitches.  You'd condone such a things because it's probably the only thing you have going for you.  

Next time come back with proper sentence structure, lose the caps and think twice before you claim someone is whining.  Go troll one of the hip hop forums "Murder1".

Oh and you might want to read up on current games and their capabilities.  There are already games out there that have the ability to transform objects or terrain into realistic damage models.  Everything from shattered walls to craters created by grenades, missile fire, ect...  I guess there must be alot of users out there that have a "bank" of computers in their homes just so they can run these 50 dollar games.  :aok

By the way what service are you with and what base in Ohio?  I'm just curious because my father in law is a CSM right next door in IL.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 11:43:27 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 12:38:48 AM »
You'd condone such a things because it's probably the only thing you have going for you.

looks at a lame attempt to bait and wonders why someone who logged 0 kills and 0 assists and 0 flight time in any arena is even in here putting in their 2 cents
go bait someone on the H2H forum,,,,maybe alison

:rofl
Major EaglePoo