Author Topic: Let the fun begin!  (Read 1712 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2005, 01:42:47 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Like four 20mm Hispano cannons sporting almost 600 rounds of ammo?  Better acceleration than the La7?  And better instantaneous turnrate and high speed handling?

:cool:

-- Todd/Leviathn

I can go on and list advantages,  disadvantages.. etc  But it's not going to prove anything,  you have your matter of opinion I have mine.  

All im insisting is that the La-7 isnt too far off from being a Russian Tempest.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 01:57:47 PM »
Why fly a 262 when you can fly a Tempest?

-- Todd/Leviathn

I have decided to not limit myself to just ME-262's. I probably wont fly the SpitXIV much, but the Tempest and F4U-4 will see heavy use along with the Messerschmidt.

Think that answers it :)

You guys have no idea how hard it was to NOT select perk rides in the hanger as I got closer and closer to the 20,000 mark.

This is nice and all, but the man whoom created this post chooses to spend his points on his ride of choice, thusly he will take the 262, granted we all have our favorites (109E-4 and F-4) but he has chosen the 262 as it said in his title.

Interesting thing happened on this *Vision Quest* (as Lizard3 puts it heh). I chose rides in the MA based on how high the ENY rating was (just to accumulate perks faster). I found out I really like the 109F-4, Hurricane IIC and P47D-11.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 02:15:20 PM »
See!! I am not alone in likeing the 109 series :D
Whew... For a minute there I thought that I was the only one.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2005, 03:26:08 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
All im insisting is that the La-7 isnt too far off from being a Russian Tempest.

It might not be too far off, but it is not as good.  The Tempest is the better overall plane when you add advantages and subtract disadvantages.  At some point you must draw the line between what constitutes a perked plane and what does not, and HTC has decided that the La7 falls just outside the perked plane category.  

-- Todd/Leviathn
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 03:41:53 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »
i caught a tempest on the deck in an la7.

it was a 2 sector run flat over the water, finally a hill in front got me the closure from 600 to 400 for the kill

reason i caught him was i was fresh with full WEP which lasted 3 times as long as the tempest's, and i dove from about 2k above to start the closure. after about 3/4 of a sector of him pulling very slowly away i started gaining (i was manually trimmed too)

by 1.5 sectors i was within d1.2k by 2 sectors i was up to 600-800 away before i ran out of WEP.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2005, 03:43:10 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
i caught a tempest on the deck in an la7.

And here all he had to do was reverse to you, use his superior high speed turn to try a deflection shot, and if he missed use his better acceleration to disengage and create even greater distance between the two of you.

Silly Tempest pilot.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2005, 03:45:21 PM »
reakon would you beat me in your tempest if i was in an la7 in a co-alt fight?

not challenging you obviously just hypothetically.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »
That's too complicated.

All he really needed to do was reverse and kill the LA7, preferrably with a HO.

:D

and yeah, bat, the temp owns the la7 1 v 1.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 03:46:53 PM »
Originally posted by mechanic
reakon would you beat me in your tempest if i was in an la7 in a co-alt fight?

not challenging you obviously just hypothetically.

My money is on Todd on this one :D
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 03:48:38 PM »
my money too, always

if shane says anything of the lavoch then i take it as correct :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 03:53:15 PM »
It might not be too far off, but it is not as good.  The Tempest is the better overall plane when you add advantages and subtract disadvantages.  At some point you must draw the line between what constitutes a perked plane and what does not, and HTC has decided that the La7 falls just outside the perked plane category.  

-- Todd/Leviathn

I didnt label the La-7 "AS GOOD" as a Tempest,  I was merely stating that it isnt that damn far off.  Just stating that for the Perk Price of the Tempest,  I'd rather fly the La7.  I am not insisting that the La7 should be perked,  all I've been saying is that the I would rather choose an La7 over a perk plane such as the Tempest.  Again it's just me.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 04:43:43 PM »
I'm just curious why wait till 20,000. It's almost impossible to burn perkies unless you just suicide em. I dont think I could lose 20,000 perkies in a year.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline thebest1

• Silver Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2005, 05:08:27 PM »
Originally posted by storch
perk boobies

NOOOO im a boobie dweeb!!!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2005, 05:37:33 PM »
Originally posted by humble
I'm just curious why wait till 20,000. It's almost impossible to burn perkies unless you just suicide em. I dont think I could lose 20,000 perkies in a year.

Almost impossible? I have already lost 2 -4 Corsairs. First one to a disco (read UDP session lost) and another to rediculous puffy acks.

I almost never lose UDP but lost it on my first perk flight :lol

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
Let the fun begin!
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2005, 05:49:10 PM »
TEMPEST IS THE 1337 h4x0r PLANE OF DEATH.

TEMPEST CANNOT LOSE!