Author Topic: I am sickened  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I am sickened
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2005, 06:58:46 PM »
Correct Simaril.  When you hit the 'ground vis' switch, it essentially gives you full ground view distance.  I do not believe it has any effect on air vis.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MANDO

• Nickel Member
I am sickened
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
Skuzzy, these graphic settings seems pretty low, which system are you using?

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2005, 08:52:47 PM »
But that wasn't my only point..I mean really, what has changed in the gameplay of AH since they came out with 2?

What was supposed to change? It's been made pretty clear AH2 was gonna be a major aesthetic upgrade way before beta. People had almost a year to prepare for it. Before that HT and Pyro has time and time again mentioned they'll be going into ToD development so future changes/plane releases would be slowed down.

I've seen plenty of great ideas in feedback and request forum for making the game more fun and interesting but apparently nobody cares about that..

Ideas are ideas, nothing more. Can any of the players actually take responsibility for the consequences in any event the idea is a faulty one?

It's not just about the frame rate issue to me. The game is not unplayable on my computer, I'm just tired of all the bs eye candy when we can't even get any new planes or ground vehicles, or anything that might change the game play. You people can call me whiny (Zazen) but I couldn't care less about what you think of me. I'm not here to make your day. I just think that if you look past all the visual garbage, the same old AH is still there and it's getting old. But if you like the same old thing every day, over and over, with pretty clouds and trees and water, then you should love this game.

Part of it is true, part of it is not.

Aesthetic upgrades takes time. So does gameplay upgrades. Of the two, HTC decided its a time to emphasize more on the aesthetics than the game play, and IMO they were right.

Anyone played Fighter Ace lately? would like to know how badly it's gone downhill, but at least they have a decent selection of aircraft to choose from

With pretty nice eyecandy and graphics.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
I am sickened
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2005, 08:58:34 PM »
Originally posted by MANDO
Skuzzy, these graphic settings seems pretty low, which system are you using?

Those are from my office system MANDO.  850Mhz PIII w/512MB of system ram and an ATI8500 graphics card.

My home system is very different.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
I am sickened
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2005, 09:43:53 PM »
Originally posted by red420
Lute, I think you're the only other person that understood what I was trying to say. But that wasn't my only point..I mean really, what has changed in the gameplay of AH since they came out with 2? nothing! I've seen plenty of great ideas in feedback and request forum for making the game more fun and interesting but apparently nobody cares about that.. It's not just about the frame rate issue to me. The game is not unplayable on my computer, I'm just tired of all the bs eye candy when we can't even get any new planes or ground vehicles, or anything that might change the game play. You people can call me whiny (Zazen) but I couldn't care less about what you think of me. I'm not here to make your day. I just think that if you look past all the visual garbage, the same old AH is still there and it's getting old. But if you like the same old thing every day, over and over, with pretty clouds and trees and water, then you should love this game.

Anyone played Fighter Ace lately? would like to know how badly it's gone downhill, but at least they have a decent selection of aircraft to choose from

In the last 6 months HTC has added 3 new planes to our set, updated the flight model, cockpits (not just for "eye candy", but for realism as well), and skin modelling on 6 others (at player request I might add), added the ability to use the .45 after bailout (at player request), changed the bombing setup TWICE at player requests, moved strat targets around to make it harder to bomb several targets at once (AT PLAYER REQUEST)...........dude, are you seeing a pattern here?  Your claims are so full of crap even you cant see past them for all the brown in your eyes.  And if you really dont care what we think, why are you bothering us with your opinions?  If you are so unhappy with Aces High, go spew your poison at someone who wants to listen to it.  No one here does.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2005, 09:59:45 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Those are from my office system MANDO.  850Mhz PIII w/512MB of system ram and an ATI8500 graphics card.

My home system is very different.

Shucks, Skuzzy, ya need to get HT to spring for a new office 'puter :D

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2005, 10:13:23 PM »
WEll i got a 3.0ghz with 512mb of DDR^2 RAM! and a X300 Radeon (pci-express) 128mb vid card and i drop down to 10-15fps fighting over a clump of trees in 1v1's.  Well i was hoping there would be an option for 3d or 2d trees in the patch but no such luck :(

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
I am sickened
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2005, 10:13:41 PM »
I'm finally getting fps that I expected out of my systym---10-15
more and didn't change a thing:)

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2005, 10:17:03 PM »
Looks like most of the one's complaining have been here less then a year, and therefore don't have a clue about about much HTC care's for and listen's to thier customers.
Or how often the game is improved.
 This game is an evolving thing that just keeps getting better with regular updates, except from about what jan or feb last year,when HT announced a freeze on ah1  development to focus on AH2 ( as I remember, which is a scary thought).
  Now that 2 is out, we're back into the evolving mode.
 What other online game can you play with/shoot down the creator of the game from time to time ?
Where else does one get a reply from one of the very few people who run the whole deal  on the bbs ?
IL2 ? fine, go fly 32 htoh
 It ain't even close to getting 650+ on the same server at once.
 I guess what I'm saying is don't rag on something that you have no clue about.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
I am sickened
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2005, 10:29:33 PM »
Its not entirely right to say that Flit, some of these guys truly enjoy playing AHII and want to continue.  And I understand their being upset.  I had to take 3 months off when AHII came out, and even my current system isnt top of the line (although it does play AHII quite nicely).  Yes, it seems some just want a chance to spew, but I think the rest have simply let their fear of being left out cloud their judgment.  HTC has made every effort to include anyone who can manage the minimum requirements.  And as Skuzzy's office 'puter shows, it works.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
I am sickened
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2005, 11:35:06 PM »
It's iron rules, Star.

If they can't fit in, they go out.

Nobody has a problem when somebody whines about gameplay or vulching or spawncamping and others answer, "then go play some other game".

It's the same thing.

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
I am sickened
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2005, 11:54:20 PM »
Naa, I'm not like that.
 I just think (there's that scary word  again) that most  of the whiner's are fairly new, and don't really know what this game is all about.I'm no tryin to point any finger's, it just seems that way too me.
 While it's not perfect, it is the best thing out here, and HT is always making a serious effort to make it better.
 That, too me , is what counts.

Offline PuckHead

• Zinc Member
I am sickened
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2005, 05:15:12 AM »
still runnin a smooth 55-70 here, same setup as before, geforce 5200, athelon 64, gig of ram

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
Wow...what happened here
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2005, 06:35:02 AM »
Jeez, the boards have turned hostile...almost as hostile as my mother-in-law.  Yes the new patch has it's problems, yes there should be some different planes/vehicles and yes the new graphics are "pretty".  What I'm trying to say is "can't we all just get along?".  Ahhh, screw it...I'm so addicted to this dang game that if I had to use a dog **** as a joystick I would still probably play.  It sure beats the alternative; talking to my wife and kids all evening.

I ebjoy the eye candy, but higher F/R would be cool with haveing to crank my sliders all the way to the right.

new planes and gv's please.
athlon 2600xp, 1 g ram, fx5700le 256mb and I see high 20's in the tower and 40-75 in the air.

J
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
I am sickened
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2005, 07:36:22 AM »
Red, I signed onto Fighter Ace for the 2 week trial about a month ago. Logged on, played for an hour and deleted it off my system, I personally don't think it compares at all with AH. I also have taken a large FR hit with the new patch and I have adjusted my sliders just to get into the 30-40 range. I had dropped down to 8-15 when over a base with multiple nme especially with smoke or fire at the field. I've been playing this game for longer than a year and I have paid for the right to complain:rolleyes:  on occasion. I don't think anyone can question Hitech or Skuzzy's dedication to the customer base. I have problems with the new patch but I will try to update my driver's and see what I have running in the background before I call it unplayable for me.
  I have seen alot worse complaints get more friendly responses than I have seen in this thread though.

DaPup