Author Topic: Plane down in Penn.  (Read 1696 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Plane down in Penn.
« on: September 11, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
Wonder what happened?  Struggle in cockpit?  Terrorist pilot lost control.  Downed by USAF?  Those all suck.   :(
May the Lord have mercy on them.   :(

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2001, 11:42:00 AM »
Funked
Damn appauling scenes on tv here in the uk  :(

Prayers go to all murdered or maimed or fighting for life

If it was downed by us forces to save a greater loss of life my heart goes out to the people that have to carry that burden  :( it must of tore their heart out  :( and unfortunately may do forever

It's a sick world most of us have to try n survive in

Maybe now all countries so far largely uneffected by acts like these will see what other countries have to suffer on a sometimes daily ritual and maybe look at some causes which they/citizens support ! and look upon things differently

To all with relatives/friends in the areas i wish you/them all well and hope your loved ones are safe

Def

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
If that plane was shot down by US fighters, then I am deeply sorry for the poor pilot who had to kill dozens of his countrymates to avoid a massacre. And that I hope he can live with it in the future.  :(

Offline Betown

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ecomm-net.co.uk
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
Because of the lack of information on the Aircraft Downed in Penn, I am guessing that it was shot down. It was a tough call but one that had to be made. It's a squeak and a tradgidy but 100 lives where sacrificed for posibly 5000 or more.
"The needs of the many, out-weigh, the needs of the few"

BT OUT

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
The very lack of information on that crash does lead one to wonder.

If they did shoot it down to prevent another disaster all I can say is thank the Lord they got it in time.

If it was hijacked the people on board were dead either way the way it looks.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
heard on radio that a passenger called from bathroom from cell phone stating the plane had been hijacked minutes b4 crash
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
Plane down in Penn.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
I heard that to Eagler, CNN said a man locked in a bathroom called 911 (I think) on his cell phone.....he kept talking until he reported a BOOM and lost contact
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF