Author Topic: I've never seen so much rage in search of a target  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
I've never seen so much rage in search of a target
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2001, 03:19:00 PM »
But the IRA are freedom fighters, Replicant...

...an argument I'm sick of hearing.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
Another building went down   :(

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »
Natedog: The answer to that can be found in an old proverb "Better to have a devil you know than a devil you have to get to know". Kill the known leaders who have been under watch and you have a lot of info on their psyche and stuff...and he gets replaced inmediately by another whacko on who you have no info.. and that is extremely dangerous.

However, I do agree that they have to be hit back. and HARD.

Find those responsible, if they have a juicy target in the middle of nowhere (aka, a terrorist training camp), away from innocent civilians, send them a small hydrogen warhead, courtesy of the U.S. of A. It leaves no lingering radiation and sends a clear message.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2001, 07:42:00 PM »
I don't want nukes involved.

I want certainty.

I want retribution against those involved.

I want precision.

I want there to be little doubt that the world will no longer tolerate this toejam.

AKDejaVu

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2001, 03:22:00 AM »
Swamp,

While I agree nukes are out of question, I think your statement falls short. It's not a matter of precision streaks. IMHO, any country harboring not a particular person, but this kind of ideology has to be declared formal enemy, and a state of war bewteen such COUNTRY and the civilised world, not only U.S. It's their ideology, their ethics, their table of values which are in front and opposed to ours. They've shown, tragically, that they will use whatever means at their disposal to try to overcome. I think it's time western countries behave accordingly. The threat is not X, W or Z people. They can (and will) be replaced if they are killed.

This attack is the first step of a ladder. They wanted to mark open hostilities with a symbolic target. But we have to expect worse things to come, at least I think. It's time all of our governments reassess the situation and realize that we are at war. Sure, not conventional, but at war. This is not terrorism, this is not mass murder. This is WAR. Not more, not less.

We have limitations, as we use concepts like countries, civil rights, etc. I'm not saying we forget that, but we definitely have to revisit what are the boundaries. If a country's regime is of a terrorist nature (and Taliban's ones are), the country is bound for retaliation. If a community is of a terrorist nature (I'm thinking now on the people throwing stones to college girls in Ireland, or people placing bombs in public places) it's bound for retaliation. In one case, I think military measures are on order. The hardest possible, excluding mass destruction weapons. In the second situation, It's time for thinking our values. If a thousand new jails are needed to put those people to rest, build them. Put this kind of people out of circulation.

As Sax posted in another thread, U.S. has taken the biggest blow in the name of all of us. Now we have to unite and act together. This is not U.S. vs. Afghanistan, Islam, whatever. This is US (I mean all of us) vs. THEM (all kind of terrorism, state terrorism, national, international, religious, whatever). And, as certain as I'm posting here, this is war.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
Well spoken Pepe. <S>

Nations and their people will have to start making choices about where they stand on this issue. The time for equivication is over. You can be a part of the alliance against terrorism and barbarity or you can be the target.

Choose wisely, this IS a pass fail exam.

Mav

Originally posted by Pepe:
Swamp,

While I agree nukes are out of question, I think your statement falls short. It's not a matter of precision streaks. IMHO, any country harboring not a particular person, but this kind of ideology has to be declared formal enemy, and a state of war bewteen such COUNTRY and the civilised world, not only U.S. It's their ideology, their ethics, their table of values which are in front and opposed to ours. They've shown, tragically, that they will use whatever means at their disposal to try to overcome. I think it's time western countries behave accordingly. The threat is not X, W or Z people. They can (and will) be replaced if they are killed.

This attack is the first step of a ladder. They wanted to mark open hostilities with a symbolic target. But we have to expect worse things to come, at least I think. It's time all of our governments reassess the situation and realize that we are at war. Sure, not conventional, but at war. This is not terrorism, this is not mass murder. This is WAR. Not more, not less.

We have limitations, as we use concepts like countries, civil rights, etc. I'm not saying we forget that, but we definitely have to revisit what are the boundaries. If a country's regime is of a terrorist nature (and Taliban's ones are), the country is bound for retaliation. If a community is of a terrorist nature (I'm thinking now on the people throwing stones to college girls in Ireland, or people placing bombs in public places) it's bound for retaliation. In one case, I think military measures are on order. The hardest possible, excluding mass destruction weapons. In the second situation, It's time for thinking our values. If a thousand new jails are needed to put those people to rest, build them. Put this kind of people out of circulation.

As Sax posted in another thread, U.S. has taken the biggest blow in the name of all of us. Now we have to unite and act together. This is not U.S. vs. Afghanistan, Islam, whatever. This is US (I mean all of us) vs. THEM (all kind of terrorism, state terrorism, national, international, religious, whatever). And, as certain as I'm posting here, this is war.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown