Author Topic: Radar...just a thought!  (Read 538 times)

Ice

Radar...just a thought!
« on: February 23, 2001, 08:42:00 AM »
I personally feel that to take out just one single target and shut down an entire nations radar is, well...too simple.

I've read that others like radar and some here wish it was gone.

Would a radar chain enhance gameplay in any way? Each base has it's current radar...only base radar can be disabled, one at at time...effectively punching holes in a countries radar chain.

Missions could be flown plotted through these holes allowing for the element of suprise rather than the current early warning radar effect we have now.

Destruction of the city would still affect down time, and perhaps the destruction of the current HQ's could have some other affect...possibly disabling the strat data or other informational data due to the fact that HQ's are full of paper pushers

Just a thought...

Ice

Offline Weave

• Copper Member
Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »
A good idea! Add to that only dots would show for planes over 500ft. Do away with the sector counters entirely.

Weave

Offline Effdub

• Zinc Member
      • http://home.netsurf.de/robert.sander/
Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
hmmm, I'd say the current system is ok as is....

I'd only opt for better defences at HQ's - Hi-alt acks and stuff.
I think it's ok for buffs to take out a countries radar by hitting the HQ but it should take more than a single buff to do it.

A challenge for mission makers  

-towd_

Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2001, 09:43:00 AM »
you have noticed that 1/3 of what ever contrys dar got hit logs ? listened las night as guys attacked 6 buffs on the way to i think hq . they got the fuel on 2 of um . its not the dar its the super buffs.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
If you think of the HQ as representing a country's command and control system, then it's reasonable that killing HQ disables sector bars and INFLIGHT radar.

However, I think local radar should be available in the TOWER (not inflight) at a field (or CV) with working radar, even if the HQ is dead.

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited 02-23-2001).]
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Ice

Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
I agree with you popeye...however, in the 40's, I didn't think that technology allowed for one central radar facility to afford radar coverage to an entire country. I could certainly be wrong, as I am far from being an expert

Ice

PS...Towd, I have seen what you refer to..personally it doesn't effect me that way. It effects my flying style and is really kind of challenging, however, I hate to see folks logoff.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2001, 10:40:00 AM »
Most dislike radar since it spoils their tactics...I could care less what kind of radar system we have, any is fine with me, tactics should change with certain situations..and I personally always find a way to adjust to the development of enemy tactics.

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Radar...just a thought!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
i think that's the best idea i have heard so far on the debate -