Author Topic: so......  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2005, 12:23:47 PM »
not online... unless you have bwana's...

offline, sure, but....
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2005, 12:29:51 PM »
So you think HT should COAD just to satisy one paranoid squad who play in the CT ?

If you ask me the squad needs a group supply of tranquilisers.

I should say i have no problems with any of them while flying, even the text bait when they dont like the way you engage them i just class as banter.

But come in here and its the same old, this is biased that is biased time and time again from the same people.

And no i do not think the FM is in anyway different between theatres.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2005, 12:36:29 PM »
There is absolutely no flight model difference between the MA and the CT.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  I'm amazed that someone would even come to this conclusion since it's pretty obvious that they are the same.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2005, 12:45:54 PM »
Not only are they the same, but if you do as I suggested and go offline and fiddle with the settings you will see that nothing the CT staffers can change will effect it. The flight model, and its particular traits, are part of the executable program you download from HTC, and I am sure HT has a way to check that it has not been altered.

The "stall" setting only effects the stall limiter which you should have turned off anyway. If you do have the stall limiter on, yes, in that case the CT staff could[/b] change the way your plane handles, but I do not see why they would change that, and do not believe they have.

This fixation on conspiracies and tweeks of the flight model to disadvantage one side or the other is edging awfully close to delusional.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2005, 01:34:02 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
There is absolutely no flight model difference between the MA and the CT.  None.  Zip.  Nada.  I'm amazed that someone would even come to this conclusion since it's pretty obvious that they are the same.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Obvious to anyone who has a clue....but then again look at the source:D

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2005, 01:53:07 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
One simple thing would settle or at least have prevented this argument….

TRANSPARENCY

Any and ALL configurable variables and their settings should be available to all players (# troops, downtimes, hardness, lethality, stall settings, whatever).  Not to change, just to see.  I don’t mean in the message of the day (that would subject the information to human fallibility).  I mean a simple programmed reporting mechanism.

Peace,
KONG

They are available KONG. When you enter the arena (any of them or offline) go to "Setup" on the clipboard
then "Arena setup"
then "Envorinment"
then "Arena settings"

There you will find all of the available things that the CT staffers can change, and what the current settings are in the arena you are currently in. You can not change them unless you have been given CM privleges, but you can look at what each settings value is. You will also notice that nearly all settings are global, they dont target one country, and can not be made to do so even if the CT staff wanted to. Its all right there, you just have to look.

Seriously, I dont want this to come off as harsh, and this is not directed at KONG or anyone in particular, but if half the time that is spent cooking up conspiracy theories was spent making yourself a better pilot, your plane might handle better than it does now.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
so......
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2005, 01:58:56 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
One simple thing would settle or at least have prevented this argument….

TRANSPARENCY

Any and ALL configurable variables and their settings should be available to all players (# troops, downtimes, hardness, lethality, stall settings, whatever).  Not to change, just to see.  I don’t mean in the message of the day (that would subject the information to human fallibility).  I mean a simple programmed reporting mechanism.  

Ever bothered to have a look at arena settings? Every player can view them. Now if that isn't a TRANSPARENCY, then I don't know what it is.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2005, 02:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Ever bothered to have a look at arena settings? Every player can view them. Now if that isn't a TRANSPARENCY, then I don't know what it is.

Yes Iv looked at them many times but never really knew that was the real settings.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
so......
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2005, 02:03:52 PM »
Real default settings. Though I've never had reason to suspect (back when) that any of them could be deeked to pork an fm. Stall limiter crutch notwithstanding.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2005, 02:06:33 PM »
TK, when you pull that page up offline, mess with them and you will quickly figure out what the ones do that are not obvious by their name, which most are. Then check them when you go online to see what they are set at.

In reality, most of the settings the CT staffers can manipulate are rather mundane, and with the exception of the stall limiter they have nothing to do with the performance of a plane and it is a global setting, its effects all countries equally. The ones like ammo lethality are also global, the only settings that are country specific are "allow flight" and such.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2005, 02:09:41 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
TK, when you pull that page up offline, mess with them and you will quickly figure out what the ones do that are not obvious by their name, which most are. Then check them when you go online to see what they are set at.

In reality, most of the settings the CT staffers can manipulate are rather mundane, and with the exception of the stall limiter they have nothing to do with the performance of a plane and it is a global setting, its effects all countries equally. The ones like ammo lethality are also global, the only settings that are country specific are "allow flight" and such.

yea i know what everysingle button in the settings page does and yes i know that theres nothing that a CM can do to pork FM. grits member i was a CM for a while  :aok :p

but iv looked at the settings a few times and never thought that they were the actuelle settings i thought that those were my settings from off line

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
so......
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2005, 02:13:12 PM »
Ah, I see.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2005, 02:16:37 PM »
:D

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
so......
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2005, 04:06:29 PM »
Grits, Bov,

You guys are mistaken.  The visible arena settings do not match what is setup.  The object settings are not even visible.  Go in the CT and look up how many troops to capture.  Check out killshooter settings, ack lethality, fuel burn.

We have to depend on the MOTD and it has often been wrong or incomplete.  I’m not suggesting malice just normal human fallibility.  The code to display the settings already exists just needs a look no change level of access.

I’m NOT suggesting there is a ‘Let’s hose the axis’ slider.  I’m just saying things are not as transparent as they could be and that does not engender trust. The average computer user has trust issues with all things computer related, the experienced user has more.  The entire computer industry is rife with ‘secrets’.  I remember the days when the BIOS code was printed in the back of the PC XT users manual.  I also remember the first problems with Microsoft and their ‘undocumented’ procedure calls.   Open source is probably the most trustworthy if (big if) you’re sure about the compilation. But I digress…

No slight intended, I’m just saying things are not as transparent as they could be.

Peace,
KONG
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

storch

so......
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »
Thanks for your reply eddiek.

Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

-- Todd/Leviathn

amazing that you can come to that conclusion given that;

1. you weren't on during the night in question.
2. it has already been established that certain staffers have regulate those settings.

as of Sunday the problem has gone away.  so unless there is something wrong with my box that would cause squirrelly behavior in certain cartoon plane types.  we have an issue and it should be addressed.

skuzzy has stated that HTC doesn't touch those settings and no one from the active CT staff has stepped forward to answer a simple question.

I have never stated that there was malicious intent on anyone's part and I don't think there are separate controls for "sides"  I asked if there may have been a problem and if there was could someone please explain it.

if I perceive this problem again I will switch sides and try the other cartoons to see if they are also affected and at the risk of being treated with derision yet again I will post the question here one more time.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:42:58 PM by storch »