Author Topic: The CT and how people view it.....  (Read 4075 times)

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
The CT and how people view it.....
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2005, 12:53:08 AM »
Oh and Redd told me yesterday theBug been bashed by paranoid CRUMPP just because he thought it was me.

FEEL THE LOVE

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2005, 07:03:11 AM »
Bug322
You missed a rare night in CT last night, the night before was very good also

many thanks to those that made it happen

BatfinkV and CorkyJr

hope for many more nights like last night, that is what the CT should be every night
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2005, 08:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
Why I don't fly in the CT

(my views may be out of date; it's been a while since I tried).

Dude, your views are out of date.  Well, mostly they are.

1) (and most important) Dot chasing. With the funky dar settings that were in place last time I tried; I'd spend 5-20 minutes chasing down a dot to find it was friendly. Then; suddenly; a dot I thought was well out of range would turn red and shoot me.

This is nothing more than adjusting to the setting.  On those occasions when I visit the MA, I am surprised at how long it takes to get to the dot.  FWIW, frequently (in fact, possibly always) now we have MA DAR and icon settings.  While this appeared to be the biggest objection of the MA crowd, I have noted that attendance has not improved, even though these settings have been well-advertised.

2) Ganging. I can survive ( a bit) in an MA 10 versus 20; but I can't survive in a CT 5 versus 1.

We're working on this.  I still think that ganging is less than it is in the MA.

3) History. I don't care where you come from; or what you belive; Germany DID NOT have CV's parked off Dover

And they haven't, in BoB scenarios, for some years now, Seeker.

4) History; I don't care where you come from; or what you belive; Spits WERE in EVERY theatre; it's not my fault YOUR fighter of choice sucks; mine doesn't.

Which is fine in the MA, where the guy on the other side can grab a Spit and you'll be even.  In an Axis v. Allied setup, where range is not a factor, the Axis has no equivalent to the Spit in the ETO (we had a fun match between Spit 9s and Niks one week, though).  Your observation on this is shared by many others, so that when there are spits in a setup the vast majority of allied pilots fly spits, and it is unpleasant to fly axis.

5) Base grab. Pure MA gamishness; that has NO place in an air combat sim.

I agree with this.

- oldman

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2005, 08:33:52 AM »
Only comment I am gonna make about the Spits is this:

It does get old to see the remarks about not needing Spits in a setup when they were the 109's classical opponent from the British side.
Face it, the Spits are the only Allied rides players can take, other than the perked Tempest, that will even come near matching any of the 109 series in a climb.  Take out the Spits and you find yourself engaging the enemy with him above you from the start, so you are fighting an uphill battle right from the get go.
So, take out the Spits AND the 109's, do a setup with Typhoons and 190's only.  Or any of the other Allied fighters of the same era, match them up only with the 190's or 110's, leave out the uber climbing 109's.
Does anyone understand any of what I just said?

LW players argue to take out the Brits most common fighter, yet want to leave in the Germans' most common one, and it just doesn't make sense, well, not to me anyway.

storch

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2005, 09:02:04 AM »
I don't think anyone wants the spits removed.  there is however quite a bit of grumbling about the overboosted spitv.

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2005, 09:06:35 AM »
Well put, storch, but the complaints/remarks anytime a Spit was included in an ETO setup have been there since before AH2 came out, before the overboosted SpitV.
Just my two cents, sir.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07:23 AM »
nope spit5 souldnt bee in any setup where they use the 12boost and not the 16boost if they do use it then put in a G6 or G10

VWE

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2005, 09:08:32 AM »
Oh and Redd told me yesterday theBug been bashed by paranoid CRUMPP just because he thought it was me.

Crumpp apologized for his mistake, so this point should be mute eh bug?

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2005, 09:14:11 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
nope spit5 souldnt bee in any setup where they use the 12boost and not the 16boost if they do use it then put in a G6 or G10

Why are you guys so paranoid about Spits V's ?  Not like you going to turnfight them, they should be cannon fodder for G6's and Fw's so what's the big deal.

When you line up to HO a Spit - does it matter if the boost is 12 or 16lbs - can't imagine it being a big issue   ;)

Apparently there's Spits in this setup, I haven't seen one in the sky yet  - so much for everyone wants to fly the spit.

Niki hypocrites
I come from a land downunder

VWE

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2005, 09:14:12 AM »
Eddiek... put the Spit9 in every ETO setup as far as I'm concerned. I've made the comment that the Spit5 should not be included in any CT setup, any other varient including the Spit14 is okey dokey with me.

VWE

« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2005, 09:18:56 AM »
Redd, you take any varient of the 109 in the CT up tonight and I'll go grab a Spit5... and I want you to show me how un uber the Spit5 is by whacking me over and over again cause I'll not be able to compete with you.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2005, 09:20:11 AM »
Originally posted by Redd
Why are you guys so paranoid about Spits V's ?  Not like you going to turnfight them, they should be cannon fodder for G6's and Fw's so what's the big deal.

When you line up to HO a Spit - does it matter if the boost is 12 or 16lbs - can't imagine it being a big issue   ;)

Apparently there's Spits in this setup, I haven't seen one in the sky yet  - so much for everyone wants to fly the spit.

Niki hypocrites

I just dont like spit5s cuz they are the biggest dweeb rides in the game it takes no skill to fly one. Oh no here comes a 109 lemme just turn and then ill try to turn oh I know what I can do turn. spitI, IX, and IVX I can stand. But the V is jsut stupid, and now with the 16 boost it can outturn and out run a 109F. And yes I know first hand cuz the 109F is my fav. plane I'm eather in the F or a dora in the MA and even without gondies unless you have alt to B&Z him your outa luck.

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2005, 09:20:42 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Crumpp apologized for his mistake, so this point should be mute eh bug?

moot,  as in the 190/109 guy

Mute fly's with  MOL - damn nice guy

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2005, 09:21:37 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
Redd, you take any varient of the 109 in the CT up tonight and I'll go grab a Spit5... and I want you to show me how un uber the Spit5 is by whacking me over and over again cause I'll not be able to compete with you.

ok

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2005, 09:26:57 AM »
I'm always suprised at the amount of "spitdweeb" bashing that goes on. No question that in a "dueling" enviornment the spitty has a big edge (especially with the upped boost). It's also the easier plane to fly overall....

But the 109 is more than a match for a spit in the MA or CT IMO. The "bookends" in particular do well. The G10 is still the single best plane in the game if flown to its strengths and the F4 is very cabable of E fighting any spitty and winning. Other then the E which I simply view as dogfood the rest of the matchup is quite good. Personally I hate the 109s with the exception of the G2 since they dictate how the pilot has to fly them vs a Ki-61 or F6 (for example) that can be flown successfully in a much broader range of scenarios....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson