Author Topic: Well, he's asking for it now...  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Well, he's asking for it now...
« on: September 13, 2001, 05:12:00 AM »
Oussama Ben Laden just "declared wholy war" to the USA and it's allied. (Just heard this on the 12 Oc News here).

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't think this will help him or Afghanistan...

Saw out.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Saintaw ]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »
hmmmmmm, lets see,the terrorist are supported by the teleban, the only government that supports the teleban is Pakastan.  Pakastan and India aren't on friendly terms.  India has necular weapons.  India is close to China and China has necular weapons....  Wonder where this could lead?  Fewer Indians and chineese?

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2001, 08:06:00 AM »
Thank God 1776, latest what i heard Pakistan declared suppot to the US.

So Afghanistan loks pretty isolated.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
Pakistan has nukes too, don't forget.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2001, 08:59:00 AM »
Could Pakistan be noted as a rouge nation?  Gee, I think we should have a "Star Wars" defence shield in place, don't you?

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2001, 09:01:00 AM »
Maik, the Palistians say the same, right?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
It's time the enhabitants of the Middle East drew a line in the sand.  This type of situation is exactly what demands it.

I'm beggining to think that ben ladin is about to find out how extreme his views are even amongst Muslims.

AKDejaVu

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
I'm beggining to think that ben ladin is about to find out how extreme his views are even amongst Muslims.

AKDejaVu

Hear hear.  It's been reported that bombs have been planted in Mosques in Toronto and Montreal yesterday.  I hate where this is going.  Let's not turn into a bunch of mindless idiots overnight.  People keep on using the word "freedom" in these posts.  This includes thought, religion and opinion.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn:

It's been reported that bombs have been planted in Mosques in Toronto and Montreal yesterday.  I hate where this is going.  Let's not turn into a bunch of mindless idiots overnight.  People keep on using the word "freedom" in these posts.  This includes thought, religion and opinion.

People generally suck  
No Surprise..even Canada has some misguided racist rednecks.   :(

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
All,

Let me start by saying this. There has been a war declared and wartime prep has already commenced. I for one, support the actions stated and in operation. Aggression HAS to be met and consequences for unprovoked attacks must be launched.

I also want to state that the actions and repercussions MUST be focused and selective. We do not honor the dead by genocide. We cannot hold ourselves above the animals that kill indiscriminately if we do the same.

Expecting all Muslims to hate the US and by religious association be guilty of supporting and participating in terrorism is silly. That would be the same as branding all Catholics and Protestants as terrorist because some of EACH group kills in Ireland and England indiscriminately.

The same could be said for Spain, France, Russia, China, Japan, all the Balkan states and so on.

People we must and WILL retaliate. Please save your anger for the SPECIFIC target that hurt us. It isn't us against the world. It isn't us against pagans, Muslims, Druids, Christians, Buddhists or any other religion / people.

This event has UNITED more of the world than before outside of WW1 and WW2. Let us use this unity to stop terrorists and their filthy method of operation. Focus your actions against the enemy of ALL civilized peoples of all nationalities and faiths. Save it for the ones who are responsible. Do not throw out the baby with the bath water.

There is no reason to believe that all people of any faith or nationality are the enemy of all others. Wait until the investigation is done then act with certainty and justice. Take pure vengeance out of the equation and limit the response to what is necessary and prudent. There will be death enough to go around.

Lastly do not stoop to the level of those same animals we are going to hunt down. If you do, you are in reality no better. If you do, you give validity to their propaganda and spread their hate FOR them. Do not make THEM into the victims here.

Pray for those going in harms way.

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by 1776:
Could Pakistan be noted as a rouge nation?  Gee, I think we should have a "Star Wars" defence shield in place, don't you?

As if the events of Tuesday weren't enough evidence of what a bloody waste of money that would be. Let's spend on something effective.

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 06:16:00 PM »
Here in Bama they've activated 2 or 3 reserve units. One is a midair refueling unit...