Author Topic: "Chappelle's Show" Shut Down *****  (Read 2347 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
"Chappelle's Show" Shut Down *****
« on: May 05, 2005, 10:22:03 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/16484;_ylt=AnXmFRm10WDBha.0kEk_Bk6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bm5xNHVjBHNlYwNtcA--

Chappelle's Show is a no-go, *****!

In a surprise announcement Wednesday, Comedy Central said that the highly anticipated third season of Dave Chappelle's show will not make its May 31 premiere date.

"Comedy Central has suspended production on the third season of Chappelle's Show until further notice," network spokesman Tony Fox said in a brief statement. "All parties are optimistic that production will resume in the near future."

No official reason was given for the shutdown, but sources told E! News that Chappelle has been MIA from the set for weeks. There was no indication on how long the suspension would last.

In December, the network said that Chappelle's Show was behind schedule after Chappelle fell ill, forcing the network to postpone the expected February debut of new episodes.

"Dave--and his entire production crew for that matter--got a bit of a late start on writing season three," Fox told the New York Post. Production was slated to resume in January.

Last August, Chappelle, 31, reupped with Comedy Central in a massive two-year deal, valued at $50 million by the Hollywood Reporter. The deal also set a new Industry precedent--reportedly giving the funnyman a large cut of backend DVD sales.

Featuring Chappelle's often raunchy standup, offbeat sketches and killer parodies of Prince and Rick James, Chappelle's Show has steadily built a huge following since its debut in January of 2003. By the end of season two, the half-hour show was often pulling in more than three million viewers, a substantial number for basic cable. The first season currently ranks as the all-time top-selling TV show on DVD. (Paramount has indefinitely pushed back the release of the second season--the studio hopes to time the DVD to the start of season three.)

In addition to his gig at Comedy Central, Chappelle had been working on a book for Hyperion. There has been no word on the book's status; there's also no word on the reported Rick James biopic for Paramount in which Chappelle would portray the late R&B wild man
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 10:29:47 AM »
"I'm RICH beyitch!"
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 11:27:17 AM »
dave is a decade ahead of the rest, he is on the cutting edge with jon stewart.

did you see the wayne brady episode, freak'n hilarious!

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 11:33:52 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
dave is a decade ahead of the rest, he is on the cutting edge with jon stewart.

did you see the wayne brady episode, freak'n hilarious!

That Wayne Brady episode will go down in history like some of the monty python skits will. It was great. I know for me I have always veiwed Brady in a good light. So it was very funny to me to see him being gangsta. Black actors baby, black actors.

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 11:41:07 AM »
The one I liked best is where they had the KKK meeting with one of their big leaders in a hood talking smak about the races. When they get him to take off his hood, he is a blind black guy. Really funny. Still laugh when I think of it.:lol
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 11:57:17 AM »
The Prince skit and Wayne Brady guest star have to be one of the funniest skits of all time.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 12:31:48 PM »
"Yo, Prince can play some ball..."

Damn, one of the best shows on TV.

"I'm Rick James *****!"

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 02:09:37 PM »
jon stewart is corn in chappels sheite...Mentioning that maggot in thesame sentance makes me want to virtually stab you..

btw...One guy I truly love and think is almost funnier then Dave...

Charlie Murphy.CB4...."Im 3 generations DEEP in GangstaDom"
                                  "Protect That azzzzz"

dammti i cant find Gustos Pic..If you guys havent seen CB4..get ur azzzzes to the rental spot soon..

Can soemond fisn a pic of Gusto?

Offline SkyLab

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »
Say it aint so!!!!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 08:10:20 PM »
Chappelle got really sick a few months ago and you never heard anything more about it. He may have something really serious wrong with him. On the other hand, he may have several big fat movie deals waiting.

Have to say there wasn't a bad episode in the series. My favorites were Rick James, Prince, Wayne Brady and Samuel Jackson Beer.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 08:37:25 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
My favorites were Rick James, Prince, Wayne Brady and Samuel Jackson Beer.

is the Jackson Beer skeet from 2nd or 1st season?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 09:10:28 PM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud
jon stewart is corn in chappels sheite...Mentioning that maggot in thesame sentance makes me want to virtually stab you..

"Protect That azzzzz"

dammti i cant find Gustos Pic..If you guys havent seen CB4..get ur azzzzes to the rental spot soon..

Does anybody else see the irony in this?

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 11:20:39 PM »
no

give Charlie Murphy his show

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 07:48:32 AM »
Originally posted by GreenCloud

"Protect That azzzzz"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 08:22:22 AM »
never watched the show... black humor get's old really fast and is really predictable.

lazs