Author Topic: The damn trees  (Read 1652 times)

Offline CrzyMonk

• Copper Member
Widewing.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »
Now THAT was the funniest thing I have read in a while.

On the other hand, I did loose a 262 taking off from a large airbase the other day because some gardener decided to put a 300 foot sycamor tree on the end of the runway..   Sigh

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
The damn trees
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 01:54:50 PM »
I'm a LumberJack and I'm OK...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
The damn trees
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 02:15:24 PM »
If you find a field at sea level, and fly JUST ABOVE the trees (where you're dinging your prop if you go any lower) it says 200ft ASL. The trees are 200 feet tall.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
The damn trees
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 02:17:42 PM »
The trees are 200 hundred feet tall. Hell one of them looks like a maple tree too. A 200 hundred foot tall maple. That would be great.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
The damn trees
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »
Avoiding trees isn't a problem for me.  The only killer would have to be the sensation of speed.  Doesn't 'feel' as great with larger objects wizzing by.  :)
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
The damn trees
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 03:12:29 PM »
Only time I get hit by them, is when im dogfighting, and not paying attention to them as much as I should.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
The damn trees
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »
Well Monday I'm calling a tree trimmer,  gunna get them freaking things trimmed.   The trees that stay put are fine,  its the trees that grow to 300 feet right before your eyes while headed to runway or off the runway.  

Funny too is the trees and bushes that appear and disappear like there is a weed wacker on the front of my gv.   :p    

I just wana know whos side  these trees on?  I'm suspecting there not on my side,  reason being they always seem to grab me outa the sky but the guy on my six  <----- hate that guy) seems to cruse through them never contacting 1 leaf.   Probley because I just cleared the whole forest with my props and wings.

Mostly they bend my props and nothing else.  HT please put some weed wacker string on my props so it will trim the trees enough to clear my blades.  thank you!  :)  lmao!

Its all good.   just messing around,  I'm not complaining really I'm not.   HT is doing fine job getting things corrected.  Its getting there!!

(edit)  Oh ya I checked the score board and yup its a fact....  Trees show 2500 fighter kills,  2500 bomber kills ,  2500 attack kills,  2500 vehicle kills.  1 sortie,  no deaths.  squad rank of   1   and  overall rank 1   ,  There is  tree spys everywhere, there in every country.   Green sob's
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 03:27:35 PM by tactic »

Offline MaddogWx

• Copper Member
The damn trees
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »
I like the way the trees look!  They are light years ahead of the trees a few patches back.  It is hard to lift lanc's from some fields, but with 1/4 tank it is posible at most fields.  In fighters I see no problems at all.  Runways are several times longer than needed for take off or landing over the trees.  If trees pop up at last second - set details to see objects further out - or um...this is tough...fly above 200 feet AGL.

Did you all forget how bad trees looked in AHII a few monthes back?

DawgWx

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The damn trees
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 03:48:25 PM »
I saw 20 b24s crash after taking off for a mission its just bs lol:eek: :eek: :eek:  20! 20!

Make the trees shorter plz.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
The damn trees
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »
trees to tall..that would be ok if i could turn my graphics detail up without losing a ton of fps..as is i cant see them until 50 feet in front of me..

Offline CrzyMonk

• Copper Member
The damn trees
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 06:35:24 PM »
A flip side is How you can run around em to evaid.  I have done that a few times to save my keester.

Overall the trees are real cool, big improvement, especially from AH1.

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
The damn trees
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 06:54:15 PM »
I'm beginning to despair that the tree "problem" will ever be taken care of.
It's been about a month since people began complaining about trees.
And they have been really complaining.
In all that time we have not seen any sign that HTC is addressing the tree issue.
In this case, I fear, silence is speaking volumes. A love of eye candy (and apparent mutant eye candy that appears intent on taking over the world) seems to be trumping the desire to correct a problem affecting at least a respectable portion of their customer base.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
The damn trees
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 07:57:31 PM »
Maybe that guy behind you tactic was me. I am getting many more kills in and amongst the trees than I am dying to the trees. Like crazy monk said, roll to 90 degrees, descend with your wingtips to about 125 feet, pass a big ole maple tree and pull back. Then just sit back and watch your pursuers smak into it. but don;t hold that 6 view too long...LOL...did that once or twice...LOL.

Get em off the runways though, I think 500 yds at least should be cleared.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
The damn trees
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 08:46:03 PM »
chopping down trees at end of runways requires special timber permits so that prolly wont happen.

after careful study I have determined trees to be 121.87892 feet tall, little bit above average height for the species but certainly attainable, trees at runways probably benefiting from outhouse discharges and water runoff from solid surfaces.

SAVE THE TREES

..and at least include them in the roster to accurately assess who is really the king of the hill.

Offline CrzyMonk

• Copper Member
The damn trees
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 09:13:17 PM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
chopping down trees at end of runways requires special timber permits so that prolly wont happen.

after careful study I have determined trees to be 121.87892 feet tall, little bit above average height for the species but certainly attainable, trees at runways probably benefiting from outhouse discharges and water runoff from solid surfaces.

SAVE THE TREES

..and at least include them in the roster to accurately assess who is really the king of the hill.

ROFL