Author Topic: Kevlar Planes And Tanks  (Read 971 times)

Offline REDDOGTL

• Zinc Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:10:00 AM »
HOPE I AM ASKING THIS IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

WHATS UP WITH THE KEVLAR TANKS AND PLANES.

YOU SHOOT AND SCORE HITS MANY TIMES WITH NO JOY

BUT THE OTHER GUY GETS ONE HIT ON YOU AND.....BOOOOOM YOUR DEAD ONE SHOT ONE KILL.:confused:

I NEED HELP ARE THE OTHER GUYS THAT GOOD OR IAM I THAT BAD :(

REDDOGTL:cool:

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:13:52 AM »
Well tanks ussally take bombs to drop them. I like to use 500lb bombs on gvs, and for planes im sure someone else when reply with an answer for that. I suck at flying lol!

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:18:38 AM »
The other guys are that good - if it makes you feel any better however just remember most of them have no life at all apart from AH.

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:49:49 AM »
Damage depends on what canon you shoot with.

So when you score tons of hits with a .303 it does not do that much damage, one hit of a 37mm canon takes your plane apart.

Sometimes the other guy is directly behind you and gets multiple hits in short order, which seem like one hit to you but in rality you got 10 canon hits which is enogh to take any plane apart.

Often planes have two gun types, a weak mg and a punchy dangerous canon. Its harder to hit the other plane with the canon because shots per minute are less and the bullet is slower. So what happens most people fire both canon and mg but only hit with the mg, see the hits and think "full hit with all i have" wrong, only some of the mg bullets did hits and these do minor damage.

At long range the shots do less damage. So when you get lots of hits from 600yards with an mg not only they do few damage but also they are spread around the entire plane. Consider the plane has 30 hit places, each takes 3 hits to destroy you can hit 60 times doing no visible damage or hit 3 times and make it crash.

Exactly that is what happens, experienced or lucky pilots fly close in to 200yard, land 4 hits on one piece and you are down. You pepper a whole plane from 400 out and land 40 hits, he keeps flying.

On GVs the angle and the point that is hit is verry importand, hit into the driver view slit at the right angle and the tiger goes boom.

Hit a panzer on a sloped place with wrong angle and do 100 bounces. Use HE amunition on a panzer and get 100 hits without damaging him. Need to use AP and hit from behind or one of the verry small weak spots. Some GV experts give training.

To get solid hits you need to have the other plane at course so he will fly into your bullets and not pull the bullet stream over the target. If you pull your tracers over the target it will give you max. 1 hit, if he doesnt fly though. Hold your nose steady at the correct aim point and fire a burst gives multiple hits. Sorry i cant explain it better, but dragging the tracers over the target is bad.

Having 4 canons like in the typhoon or N1k definetly gives you a lot of damage when you hit.

You see the matter of killing with a few hits is not magic but a lot of training and complicated knowledge. I know what i wrote is not perfect english and might be hard to understand. Here some  helpfull ideas.

-Shoot from 200 yards distance

-use canons only, 20mm hispano easieset to hit with, other 20mm good too

- cal .50 mg verry easy to hit with and most damage for any MG in game

- try to hit one piece (vert. stab, horiz. stab, tail boom, left or right wing root, left or right wing tip, left or right engine on multies)

-fire one type of canon only, no "mixed salvos" of diffrent canons or canon and mg

- fire only on "gun solution", no dragging

- learn weak and easy to hit places for diffrent planes

- learn weak spots in gvs when going for gv vs gv battle

- if you hit him and he can not hit you you can try as long as you want, attack fighters from upper/lower/rear, not front, bombers not from rear

- dead 6 is hard to hit, try to get a "profile shot"

-hanging in the air at slow speeds makes you a easy target for guys from above.

ciao schutt

PS i personally found for P38 its pretty easy to take the tail booms of with a few hits on the booms,

Spit is pretty easy to take rudder or one wing off, because they are nimble and often pass in full profile,

A6M burst in flames when you hit the fuel,
F6F, P47 and F4F are verry solid... dont expect to kill one on the first pass,
N1k2 i seem to take off the horizontal stab easy
Hurricane Mk2c just fly 1k away and look for another target,
LA7 make em stall and crash.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:54:51 AM by Schutt »

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
An observation on my own gunnery
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 12:57:17 PM »
I too was getting very, very frustrated with gunnery. Not hitting anything well and when I did not killing them. Then I tried something.

Turned off the tracers!

Went offline and shot the drones. Learned to trust my ginsight and learned the markings on the gunsight for various situation.

My gunnery has improved 150%!

What I was doing was AIMING the tracers. I'd see the first tracer miss ahd then yank on the stick to try to compensate. Now I just setup the shot, get the bandit where I want him and FIRE! Short 1 to 2 second bursts and watch for hit sprites.

Another thing is convergence. Convergence is not just horizontal, it's virtical too. If you take a plane with cowel guns and drag them out to D650 they will fire in a higher arc so that they converge at D650 in line with the piper in your gunsight (the little dot). thus when you try to shoot that bandit at D250 and you place the piper on the bandit you are firing OVER the target.

I place most of my guns at D325 so that a dead six shot at D325 is right on the piper. I then compensate for other distances accordingly.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 01:26:34 PM »
Turning of tracers did wonders for me as well. Though what I did as well was watch films with BatfinkV and Levi. Combo of the two made me improve ALOT.

Though the main reason why you not killing when shooting would be convergence, if you ask me.

If you have conv set to different distances you will hit stuff more often but never really packing a punch.

Say your in a Pony and have different distances on your 50 cals you will most likely only be landing two at the time in deflection shots. I rather land em all or miss totally, that way at least I know when I hit and when not.

Tex

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 02:57:45 PM »
Originally posted by TexMurphy
Turning of tracers did wonders for me as well. Though what I did as well was watch films with BatfinkV and Levi. Combo of the two made me improve ALOT.

Though the main reason why you not killing when shooting would be convergence, if you ask me.

If you have conv set to different distances you will hit stuff more often but never really packing a punch.

Say your in a Pony and have different distances on your 50 cals you will most likely only be landing two at the time in deflection shots. I rather land em all or miss totally, that way at least I know when I hit and when not.

Tex

Quite true Tex. It occurred to me one day that the setting were quite far appart. 25 yards. If you think about it, 3 MGs seperated by 25 yards apiece is a 50 yard spread. Even if your tracking perfectly you are most likely missing with 50% of your bullets.

Might work for the spray-n-pray'er but not very effectivly.

As I said, D325 seems to be the perfect compromise for me with everything except Zeke cannons. ('cause they suck) I keep those at D250.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 03:05:15 PM »
Sorry double double post.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
Posted in the wrong forums.

This is the 'Bug' forums, not the 'Whine' forums.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 09:51:48 PM »
Cripes..

Open mouth, insert foot.

Looks like I was the one who was posting at the wrong forums.

How embarassingly ironical..!!!!

Offline REDDOGTL

• Zinc Member
THANKS
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2005, 05:44:17 AM »
THANKS TO ALL

YES I AM NOT NEW TO ACES HIGH BEEN IN WELL OVER A YEAR NOW AND NOT GOING ANYWERE SOON.

JUST NEW TO THE MESSAGE BOARD (JUINOR MEMBER) LOL.
THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ADVISE AND HELP I WILL APPLY THIS TO MY FLYING AND GUNNERY SKILLS. AND PRATICE,PRATICE,PRATICE:D

I LOVE TO DRIVE TANKS AND ARMORED VECH. ANOTHER WORLD TO WORK ON.

THANKS AGIAN

REDDOGTL IRON DAWGS V-COMPANY DUSTOFF SQUADRON  

:aok

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2005, 11:25:36 AM »
Dont mean to be rude... but please drop the CAPS its hurting my eyes.. ;)

I usually dont even read posts in CAPS as they are most often whines and screams... I know yours arnt but still please uncaps.. ;)

Tex

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 11:36:23 AM »
Visit the TA and talk to a Trainer.
We can work on various things. If no trainers in there, most others are very willing to help.
Definately off with the CAPS LOCK!!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline REDDOGTL

• Zinc Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 05:39:25 AM »
Opps

Sorry please dont beat me wont happen agian :p

did not even notice it was caps. Thanks agian for all the support and help. Oh by the way where is the whinner section anyway I might need to send someone eles there. Never know when a whinner will attack from out of no where.

As for me I try to keep my whinning to a few times a year.
You know Christmas,New Years,most major holidays and spring break.
:D

Reddogtl :aok

Offline Schaden

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Kevlar Planes And Tanks
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 07:26:25 AM »
Flying online can be tough at first.....as this cartoon captures.