Author Topic: For the poor college students taking finals  (Read 887 times)

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
For the poor college students taking finals
« on: June 11, 2001, 10:22:00 PM »
I know how you feel, because that's what I'm doing for the rest of this week.

I'm afraid my time online in AH will be basically 0 this week, but next week...  :D

Round 1 (of 4) was tonight, and I took a beating.  :(  Who would have thought a class with as innocent a title as "transmission lines" could have such a tough final.  More than 1/2 the material on the test came from the last 1.5 weeks of the course.  (Maxwell's Eqns, lossy lines, 1/4 and 1/2 wave transformers, EM propagation through various substances and power absorbed and reflected by doing so.   :eek: .)

I'm anticipating a comeback for me in round 2 tommorow morning.  (CPU Archetecture.  LOL, how can I fail. )  Round 3, 6 hours after round 2 may be the surprise though.  Why the heck does an Electrical Engineer have to take Thermodynamics?  If I wanted to play with entropy, enthalpy, internal energy, exergy, and whatever else they can start with an E I would have been a Mech. Engineer!  ;)  Round 4 will be Friday, and it will certainly be the worst of the 4.  (The class is Advanced Digital Electronics.  We figure out the pole and zero locations of amplifier circuits and build digital logic circuits from the transistor level up. ) The professor has made it his mission to see that no one passes his class without first going through the EE equivilant of SEAL basic training.  Just last week he told us all that we had not yet "developed the necessary attitude to be EEs."  (And you wonder why most engineers have bad attitudes?  :D )

Oh well, I felt like venting!  Now I'm out to find the nearest source of caffiene and plant myself there for the rest of the night.   :)

Wish me luck!

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2001, 12:54:00 AM »
Bloom,

Hang in there buddy, It will be done soon and you can rest up and then fly yer heart out. Glad you can handle the math there. I get stumped in basic Algebra and Geometry. Got through them but was hard for me. The kid is in advance math classes in HS, go figure. Dunno where he got the math genes from..... Gotta go smack his momma!  ;)   :p

Mav
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2001, 03:50:00 AM »
Ah yes. Got exams in Databases, three different Object Oriented Analysis And Design methods, Logistics and Organisation and an Economics class that shouldn't be in the curriculum, but is :/

Had a programming exam, which went ok as far as I can tell. Now spending time with the rest before the big exams the 20th of June. it's one of those scenarios where you cannot possibly know it all, so ya better hope that you know ENOUGH of it all.

Ugh.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2001, 08:45:00 AM »
Damn, I've been out of classes for a month now... my exams were the week of May 7th.
-SW

Offline Thud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
No AH for two weeks, I tell you: the torture, the sheer torture, it's inhumane!
Gotta pass two aerodynamics tests next week though. Never thought a little bit of air could be so complicated  :mad:

<lowers head into immensely impressive large book again>

Offline mietla

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2001, 10:02:00 AM »
Guys, enjoy the school. This is the best time of your lives. It's down hill from there  :).

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2001, 10:06:00 AM »
Congratulations to those who have finished exams, and Good Luck to whoever has yet to write.   :)

I'm sort of in the same boat, though not on such a grand scale. I just finished 2 technical exams for my AME license, got 3 more to go.  :D  About the only thing I've "studied" with any regularity in the past 20 years is Uncle Johns Bathroom Reader.  :D  (A great read btw.)

Congrats to you all. And hang in there.  :p

Offline buhdman

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~wjbarrow
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2001, 10:31:00 AM »
Hang in there Bloom25.  Just remember:  Finals are like a bad case of gas, they too shall pass!

;)

Buhdman, out

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2001, 01:09:00 PM »
:)  The Computer Archetecture final went very well.  It's a two hour exam, and I finished in 30 minutes...  (The pathetic part is I'm not even a Computer Engineer.  I'm Electrical, and specifically digital logic.   :D )

I've got Thermodynamics at 6 PM tonight.  When it's finished I'll be happy again!  (I HATE this class.  The professor is the type that believes it helps you to learn something by doing mathematical proofs of all the major laws.  :(  To make it even worse, he has a severe accent that makes it very difficult to understand him. )