Author Topic: I have in my hands B-17 II...  (Read 1495 times)

TheWobble

I have in my hands B-17 II...
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2000, 06:46:00 PM »
It sure ruins a game when you see all these nice screen shots taken at 1600x1200 with all the trimmings on. and then they have the audacity to tell you that the minimum system requirements is a p2 300 with 64 mb of ram and an 8mb vid card, of course if you read the RECOMMENDED system requirements you realize that you need some kinda humongo ubersqueak cray, and that will only get you to 1024 x786.

I have an Athalon 800 with 256 mb ram and a Geforce2 gts and i bet i will be lucky to hit 1024x786 with respectable frame rates.

Just goes to show ya that anyone can make an awsome looking game, where the challenge is is makeing it so that will will run nicley on average joe's computer.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2000, 05:43:00 AM »
Stuff average Joes - I'll crank up my 600e to click at 133MHz and pray that V5 will handle FSAAx4

------------------
lynx
13 Sqn RAF

[This message has been edited by -lynx- (edited 11-27-2000).]

Offline Wilfrid

• Copper Member
      • http://www.crytek.de
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
Hi,

Thanks Snoopi, I regularly lurk on Bombs Away but hadn`t got round to checking the trouble shooting pages. I manually set the swap file, turned most of the graphics down and now it takes less than a second to change gunnery position  

As for the rest, What Dowding Said. Surface needs scratching a bit more! Although when my number 3 fort wingman copped a flak burst in the cockpit, dropped back (pilot & co-pilot dead) and slammed into a trailing fort, wiping out both crews I thought "Hmmm I like this game!" Sorry if my previous post was a bit negative.

I`m sure that by the time we euros have finished bug testing it, you yanks will have a blast playing the final version  

Wilfrid