Author Topic: (OT) Does anyone have the link....  (Read 543 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
(OT) Does anyone have the link....
« on: January 17, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
...to the Air Warrior Message board(s)? I've always wanted to check that out but never knew where it is. I went to the gamestorm site, and it wants me to open an account and give my credit card # just to read the Boards? Thats Crazy.

Anybody?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
 It's a very, very small closed community. You cannot participate, nor see if you'd even like to, unless you already are a subscriber.  There are a few jewels to read, posted mainly by the sysops, but they're typically buried in a pile of bunk and outright idiocy.  Alot of  accusations of the staff changing AW to suit thier favorite plane, squad or personal agenda.

The Gamestorm boards is where you want to check in to give yourself some reassurance to yourself that you are indeed quite normal.

I can give you the nntp addy of a third party new server that is the 4th bastardised child of the original Kesmai "BigWeek" experiment. But it lost it's touch with AW along time ago even if the folks that still reside there all have AW in common .
  And they had the usenet group alt.games.air-warrior but that resembles an old abandoned mid West mining town.  All that resides there now are tumble weeds, dust and some ghosts.

AW does not have as active a community like this here at this AH ubb or even WB's AGW.

Some liken what's happening to AW to the setting of the sun.

-Westy

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
Yes I got the distinct feeling that AW was on the decline about a year ago just before I canceled it. The main area 2 or 3 years ago was packed sometimes. Then WB and others started to really take a bite out of the MA. RR seemed to remain strong but I very rarely played in RR. It will be sad to see AW die. That game has a lot of potential with it's large plane set. Spruce up the flight model of the planes to AH quality and throw in the CV movement, PT's, more GV's and it would be cool. They never got the hit I think that the FR needed to be more realistic. I think AH has a great balance of realism and playability in the MA. I think it will still attract the first time flight simmer and please the more hard core. I do think they might eventually want to add an even more hard core arena for the real demanding ones. We don't really have enough people now to support that I think. It would be like the Axis vs Allies arena in AW. A ghost town. Wasn't AW the first big MA flight sim?