Author Topic: Strange kill  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Strange kill
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2001, 05:53:00 AM »
I haven't seen any of this. I have the worst connection in the world (not really *that* bad) and frequently see every plane in sight disappear. First the little ID banners disappear, then the planes. It's my junky WinModem about to get round filed. But...

So far I've had good luck. With icon range pulled in like it is things happen pretty quick and enemies are on you pretty fast when you do see them. Still, I got two pretty smooth kills last night. They both wiggled a little bit to tease my gunnery, but it didn't work.

The WinModem caused me to disco, so I'll be easy on the fighter sorties, until I have a new modem.

I have seen some really bad warps (realizing it is my equipment at fault), but nothing like you describe. I have seen this before. Even what happened to WD. It's just lag.

------------------
***-*-

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Strange kill
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
S!

To AKDejaVu.Correct..U attacked another 109 and Typhoon.And I got killed.We were flying a formation of 3 109G's...Is there a slightest possibility to get wrong packet and causing symptoms like this?

DB603
Lentolaivue 34

[This message has been edited by DB603 (edited 02-24-2001).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Strange kill
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2001, 09:15:00 AM »
I don't really know what could have caused it DB603.  It seemed just as weird to us.  None of it made any sense.

It definately wasn't lag since he shot you almost a whole sector away from where you were.  Something was screwed up as far as packet data went.  Ah.. the net giveth and the net taketh away

AKDejaVu

Offline DRILL

• Copper Member
      • http://www.457thbgh.com
Strange kill
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
 well last nit i took off from a field being hit n got a kill befor my gear was up   was thinking it might be a close proxamity thin ..all i did was take off nothing more

------------------
 DRILL                     CO 457TH
Drill /384th FA/CH 364th

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
Strange kill
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2001, 06:09:00 PM »
S!

Yes..The net takes and gives.Today it took more than gave   Thought I had entered Communist Party spring conference,so much RED all over the place  

------------------
Kersantti DB603
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Strange kill
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Somethings definitely porked with the manoevre kill code. I had 4 guys auger right next too me last night, nobody else for miles, no manoevre kills awarded at all. All of them were real close, ie under d700.

I only seem to get manoevre kills awarded if they're d1.5 away or greater.

I doubt the problem is net/packet related. Any bad packets get thrown away at various stages of the route.

It could have been a collision/kill? IE someone dove on you to fast and ended up hitting/killing you, and the kill system awarded it to whoever was closest.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Strange kill
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
He was being seen in the arena in two different places vulcan.  He disappeared and was almost instantly on channel one asking what happened.  We were on squad channel asking the same thing.

AKDejaVu

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Strange kill
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2001, 02:44:00 AM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
He was being seen in the arena in two different places vulcan.  He disappeared and was almost instantly on channel one asking what happened.  We were on squad channel asking the same thing.

AKDejaVu

Well why didn't you say so. The leaves only ONE possible answer ... alien technology.

$100 says N1kis were involved.