Author Topic: Built it, and they did not come  (Read 5801 times)

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2005, 10:46:25 AM »
BTW hows the CT doing now that the "Bad Guys" left. Why jsut two days ago I saw a record booming 5 people in there thats gatta be somesort of record.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 11:10:18 AM »
Did you read the links I provided TK? LW planes fly differently in the CT for you because you want them to, not because they actually do. You know very well that since I started playing AH I have spent at least 50% (in AHI it was closer to 75%) of my time in the CT flying Axis and I dont see any difference. A couple of the LW planes, the 190A-5 and the 109F-4 are in my top 5 favorites in AH.

Do I think most of the Allied planes have more docile handling traits that are more forgiving, with better gun ballistics and are therefore more easy to kill in? Yes, no question but the LW planes are not different in any arena.

To persist in the thought that the LW planes fly differently in the CT is purely delusional.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 11:27:12 AM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
no redd didnt. i fly the same way in all arenas sept the DA. you know how i know that cuz im the one flying and it does seam that  109s and 190s stall a bit easyer in the CT then they do in the MA. just to say this again cuz yall seem to not get this it ur head i fly the CT MA the same and german planes stall easyer in the CT then they do in the MA.

TK, my squadies and I had this same argument last night. We flew in the SEA and some of them were complaining the the zekes could not shoot down the f4fs. They were compalining that something must be porked.

Well. I ask this. Show me what a CT or SEA manager can do to pork a specific plane in a specific arena? I have looked over the arena settings and cannot find anything they could do. Unless there is some secret tool they have that the rest of us are unaware of then, well, the grapes smell rather sour to me.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 11:39:42 AM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
TK, my squadies and I had this same argument last night. We flew in the SEA and some of them were complaining the the zekes could not shoot down the f4fs. They were compalining that something must be porked.

Well. I ask this. Show me what a CT or SEA manager can do to pork a specific plane in a specific arena? I have looked over the arena settings and cannot find anything they could do. Unless there is some secret tool they have that the rest of us are unaware of then, well, the grapes smell rather sour to me.

who said anything about CMs porking the settings????  I said the german A/C stall out easyer in the CT then the MA didnt say one word about that.

Offline _Ro_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »
here we go again:rolleyes:

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2005, 12:06:27 PM »
Originally posted by _Ro_
here we go again:rolleyes:

yep this how its always been in the CT and how it always will be.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 12:36:54 PM »
Its obvious I'm wasting my time trying to reason with you TK. I wont bother you anymore.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 01:37:53 PM »
Originally posted by TrueKill
who said anything about CMs porking the settings????  I said the german A/C stall out easyer in the CT then the MA didnt say one word about that.

Then explain to me how that can be so when the arena has nothing to do with the flight model? I see nothing that ANYONE could do to make this possible.

You make an accusation but provide absolutley no logical evidence of how it could be a fact. IT IS SAME FM IN BOTH ARENAS.

This is about as stupid as me trying to convince you I have fairies living in my back yard. "I have no evidence that they could possibly exist, but they are there, believe me they really are!"

And that is exactly what you sound like.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 02:05:54 PM »
This is about as stupid as me trying to convince you I have fairies living in my back yard. "I have no evidence that they could possibly exist, but they are there, believe me they really are!"

Tell Tinkerbell , Shifty says hey.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »
Then explain to me how that can be so when the arena has nothing to do with the flight model? I see nothing that ANYONE could do to make this possible.

You make an accusation but provide absolutley no logical evidence of how it could be a fact. IT IS SAME FM IN BOTH ARENAS.

And that is exactly what you sound like.

u mean to tell me the tooth fairy isnt real!!!!!!:confused: :confused:

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
I think that the CT has a different or can have a different setting for the stall limiter.  Now, even though I have it off, I remember one time asking Slash I thinkif something was different cause I kept falling of the sky.  I think he went and changed something and things got alittle more stable.

So, it is possible there is a setting effecting the flight models of all planes, but since Storch is usually in German planes and they have a much nastier stall than a SpitV, he sees it a lot more often or pronoun on the 109s and 190s.

Then again, I could be full of doo doo.  

:aok

Edit:
That would require the existance of a bug that causes that effect even though the stall limiter is off, or it may be a value effectign the stall in general.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2005, 03:24:32 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
I think that the CT has a different or can have a different setting for the stall limiter.  Now, even though I have it off, I remember one time asking Slash I thinkif something was different cause I kept falling of the sky.  I think he went and changed something and things got alittle more stable.

So, it is possible there is a setting effecting the flight models of all planes, but since Storch is usually in German planes and they have a much nastier stall than a SpitV, he sees it a lot more often or pronoun on the 109s and 190s.

Then again, I could be full of doo doo.  

:aok

Edit:
That would require the existance of a bug that causes that effect even though the stall limiter is off, or it may be a value effectign the stall in general.

If this is true............ Then why can't a way be found to ethier prove or disprove this whole theory. If it's something in the settings,,, fix it already. If it's not then lets drop it. We're melting right back into the old flame fest and right back to square one.:rolleyes:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2005, 03:32:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
If this is true............ Then why can't a way be found to ethier prove or disprove this whole theory. If it's something in the settings,,, fix it already. If it's not then lets drop it. We're melting right back into the old flame fest and right back to square one.:rolleyes:

Well, it may not be related at all to the problem and the question ws never asked.  Some one complained about the FM of a specific plane and the answer to that is that it is the same as the MA which is true.  The way the problem was presented, no one thought of looking at it as an arena setting.  I though of it cause I remember one of the CT staff twiking it, but then again, it may not be related at all.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2005, 03:34:50 PM »
I am sure HT, if hes some time, can take a quiqe look at the settings and see if there are any differences from the MA

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Re: Built it, and they did not come
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

My impression:  Where were all the people who said they'd be interested in this?  I saw some of them at the beginning of last week, for one, possibly two nights.

So color me disappointed.  I wonder if some of our MA friends who thought this would be a good idea could suggest why it didn't work out?

- oldman

Maybe theres not that many furballers, it just sounds like there is. :D

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs