Author Topic: Clinton and China  (Read 576 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »
Battlehawks was the precursor to Their Finest Hour and I played it alot but TFH was the grand-daddy flight sim of all flight sims to me.  Look up the "Moment of zen in a PC game" thread and you'll see it was my most memorable moment during a PC-DOS based game.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 12:25:21 AM »
Oh man, I hijacked the **** out of this thread.  Sorry about that MT, wasn't my intention.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »
Harpoon 2.

muahahahahhahhaha!!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 12:32:38 AM »
Battlehawks 1942 followed by SWOTL
had to upgrade the ole 286 12mhz 2 meg to a 386 dx33 4 meg for that one - great fun
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Clinton and China
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2005, 12:32:42 AM »
Clinton's DOE let the Chinese into the National Labs.  I still can't believe that happened.  It's like letting the Ambassador de Sadesky see the big board.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2005, 01:10:06 AM »
reads like a clancy novel, don't it?

scary sheeitte. my mind reels at the assinine hypocricy that's become the Government of The United States of America.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2005, 05:25:02 AM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
reads like a clancy novel, don't it?

As long as it isn't like The Bear and the Dragon... that thing dragged it to the end, and when the shooting started it was hardly worth the dire start, and middle...and the president making the last stand on the Aegis boat at anchor was complete bollocks...

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

storch

Clinton and China
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 07:42:29 AM »
MT, you must be trolling.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 12:06:15 PM »
Hangs analysis seems about right to me. All the "evidence" in Seagoons post is suspect at least, and a stretch at best.

No matter how much the cons hate Clinton... and hate they do... there is no way in hell that the main stream media would sit on a story of global implications like this one.

The politics of the media is not relevent. The only thing that is relevent is that the rags sell. 'China handed the farm' would sell like hotcakes. Only it didn't really happen that way, did it?

Maybe just maybe the trade deals Clinton's admin worked up have brought a huge new player into the global marketplace.

Maybe just maybe this was a long sighted plan to bolster capitalism around the world by providing for huge growth potential?

Or maybe he just wanted to buy that 60 second TV spot in Michigan to lock up the race against Dole.... Buahahahahahah!

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 12:36:18 PM »
I've never looked into the Clinton & China issue, but on past form I would take anything Kenneth Timmerman writes with large pinch of salt.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 01:43:10 PM »
Lets see, it looks like a dead fish, smells like a dead fish, tastes like a dead fish, is laying next to the waters edge, and MT says "Oh, I dont believe it is a dead fish, I didnt read about it in the newspaper, and you cant believe the fisherman who says its a dead fish".

Typical.

Bill was scum.  Power hungry, deceitful, no morals, no ethics, greedy.

Hillary, same but throw in evil.

MT is in love.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Clinton and China
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 08:16:50 PM »
Hi Again MT,

Originally posted by midnight Target
Hangs analysis seems about right to me. All the "evidence" in Seagoons post is suspect at least, and a stretch at best.

Ok, I'll freely admit that I'm a little slow on the uptake, but your comment above has me a little confused. Most of the "evidence" in Timmerman's article came from government sources, in particular the FBI and Senate Subcommittees. The evidence itself was, by and large, not even disputed by the Democrats and you'll remember that Johnny Chung was convicted based on it. In fact, even the Democrats did not even bother to argue that Chung was not working to buy influence for the Chinese government via campaign contributions. The arguments were that it wasn't really important, that there were more important issues we needed to be focused on, that there were no connections, or in Star Wars parlance  These aren't the droids you're looking for or as Democratic Congressman Tom Lantos put it: Johnny Chung  is “a very minor, insignificant puppet of the Communist regime.”

The contributions from the Chinese PLA are indisputible (heck the Democrats even had to give $360,000 of it back), their objectives were clear - the FBI has them on record via wiretaps as seeking influence and access to restricted technology, and the fact that such technology as the design for the WD-88 Nuclear Warhead  and the much longed for ability to create MRV'd missles was illegally transferred to China. We also know that restrictions on US companies selling (or doing cooperative agreements) High-Tech and Restricted technology vital for modern weapons development was also lifted during the Clinton Administration after illegal Chinese campaign contributions (and when you figure in all the sources we are talking millions, not hundreds of thousands) began flowing to re-election coffers.

What Timmerman does then is to take 1 and 1 and 2 and put the plus sign and the equals in what he thinks are the appropriate places whereas Democratic claims are that the illegal campaign contributions, the Chinese ambitions, and the massive technology transfers are ultimately unrelated. And that the explanation is in fact that the Campaign contributions were due to lax campaign finance laws, the technology transfers were unintentional and due to incompetence and bad security, and the fact that the Chinese ultimately got most of what they hoped to buy was an unhappy coincidence.

So, it seems to me that you can either buy Timmerman's explanation or the Democratic explanation of the evidence, but the evidence itself remains. You are free of course to do either.

- SEAGOON

PS: Here's a question for you MT, why do you think the Chinese People's Liberation Army "Liked Clinton" and gave him contributions but not Dole? Ditto Gore over Bush in 2000? I'm just interested in hearing your theory.
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 08:14:37 AM »
clinton is traitor now that the us and china share many common interests and are somewhat dependent on each other.

reagan let iraqi doctors into the cdc and sent them home with complementary gifts,  he deserves to be lionized.

hang, your post is littered with too much common sense to be understood.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Clinton and China
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2005, 11:49:56 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Hi Again MT,

PS: Here's a question for you MT, why do you think the Chinese People's Liberation Army "Liked Clinton" and gave him contributions but not Dole? Ditto Gore over Bush in 2000? I'm just interested in hearing your theory.

First of all Timmerman drawns exactly ZERO actual connections between the money and President Clinton's actions.

In answer to your PS. question... Maybe they knew who the winner was gonna be...

in both races.

:cool: