Author Topic: Next Stop, Philippines  (Read 671 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« on: November 20, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »
Filipino leader seeks U.S. help in fighting terrorism

"President Bush pledged on Tuesday to help President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo of the Philippines "in any way she suggests" as her country wages its own fight with terrorism..."We'll cooperate in any way she suggests in getting rid of Abu Sayyaf," Bush said.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2001, 12:45:00 AM »
They might need the bucks.  But I doubt much else.

My dad was both ranger, and airborne qulified, long before the green beanie was invented.  He is not easily impressed by men with guns.  However he has spoken many times of the Phillipino scouts that fought in Korea. I think the one that impressed him most, was the one that snuck up behind him one night.  The scout put a knife to the ol' mans throat.  Then he ran his hand over dads helmet.  If dads helmet had been the wrong shape, I would have never had a chance to meet him :).

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »
Yeah, they're good, Easy.

But we have two "Green Beanie" teams in there now and somehow I'm thinking they have the laser designator with them.

Islands are great places for CV groups to work over.

Just a little help... like dropping a 2k into their evening stewpot.  :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2001, 02:43:00 AM »
But we have two "Green Beanie" teams in there now and somehow I'm thinking they have the laser designator with them.

Kinda sad.  They have been reduced to house painters :)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
This will be the third time we've shed blood for the Phillipines.

Maybe the bastards will be kind and let us have Subic Bay and Clark AFB back. Put Monkey Meat onna Stick back on the US Armed Forces menu.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
ah.. what a GREAT place it was to party.  :)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Next Stop, Philippines
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2001, 12:35:00 PM »
Oh for some blackdog tacos... Yummy!